Katherine Heigl & Naleigh: Adorable In Atlanta

Katherine Heigl & Naleigh: Adorable In Atlanta

New mom Katherine Heigl was seen leaving her hotel in Atlanta, Georgia with her daughter Naleigh, 9 1/2 months, on the way to the set of her new movie Life As We Know It.

Katherine recently opened up about adopting baby Naleigh.

She is a special needs baby and because of that it all moved so much faster. They wanted to get her to us as quickly as possible.” The “Knocked Up” star went on to say that adopting a child from Korea has always been a dream of hers. “It’s been a big part of my life and my family. My sister is Korean and my parents adopted her back in the 70s and so I just always knew that this is something I wanted to do.”

We caught our first glimpse of the happy Heigl-Kelleys yesterday. Motherhood looks amazing on the 30-year-old Grey’s Anatomy star!

Filed under: Katherine Heigl,Naleigh Kelley

Photo credit: INFdaily.com

1. complainypants

I think this adoption is wonderful. Anytime a baby ends up in a family where she is loved it is Aok in my books. And Naleigh does look happy-smiling and seemingly not at all shell-shocked.
    Having said all of this-and I hate to rain on the parade, but does anyone else think there is a problem with the carseat?!?!?!? My son was SKINNY, but had outgrown that thing in weight by 6 months. Naleigh does not look like a tiny girl. She should be in a convertible rear-facing seat by now, surely? Why don’t people read freakin manuals to the safety equipment they buy? This is my biggest pet peeve of all with parents!

Naleigh is so adorable. Katherine looks pretty tired.

3. Rebecca

What a beautiful baby! Katherine seems very down to earth, I’m sure she will make a great mom.

4. Shoeaddict

I’m so pleased for this family. The baby is so pretty.

5. alliea

ok i’m happy for her and everything but she is basicly breaking the law. she and josh haven’t been married for three years and according to korean adoption laws all couples must be married for at least three years before even begining the process, and is it really right for her to have just adopted a baby while she is in the middle of filming a movie? i’m not saying that what she did isn’t a good thing because it is, but i just don’t think it’s fair.

• Alliea…it was probably waived due to the fact that Naleigh has special needs BUT even if she didn’t have special needs, it can still be waived. My two children were adopted and the requirement was two years of marriage. My husband and I had been together for a long time but were not married for two years when we adopted our daughter. Many people adopt children and continue to work…it is not different because she is an actress. Many moms with adopted(and bio) children leave their children in daycares for 12 hours a day and I’m sure it is not by choice but you have to do what you have to do to support your family and people who choose to or have to work shouldn’t be refused adoption. Katherine has the luxury of bringing Naleigh to work with her…I bet a lot of women out there wish they could do the same.

• alliea

yes i understand that some women leave their kids in daycare but naleigh just got home last week. it’s just like a mother who has a baby and then heads of to work a week later.

I was thinking the same thing that Cords said. I hope this will get Katherine to stop smoking. Such a beautiful woman but she looks so haggard when I see that cancer stick hanging out of her mouth everywhere she goes.

7. Cords

I think her daughter is adorable…I hope with the new edition to their family that hopefully she will give up smoking!! :)

8. Some women DO have babies and head to work right away. She gets to bring her daughter to work with her and I’m sure she is able to take care of her whenever she needs to. When you adopt, and you get “the call” that your baby is able to come home, you usually have only a couple of weeks to get everything in order. I’m sure she would have tired to get more time off, had she known when her daughter was coming home. There is no set timeline for adoptions…it varies from country to country and from case to case.

Katherine quit smoking more than a month ago…I don’t think it was publicized.

The carseat? I agree, she does look too big for it.

And she IS taking her with her in the set.

Like last person said adoption isn’t like pregnancy were gestation time is somehow fixed. It can take months and it can take years. Maybe(probably) she didn’t know when Naleigh was coming home when she agreed to do this film.