Dean McDermott’s Ex Turned Down TV Confrontation

Dean McDermott's Ex Turned Down TV Confrontation

Four years after her husband Dean McDermott left her for 90210 star Tori Spelling, Canadian TV chef Mary Jo Eustace is set to tell her side of the story in a book titled, Divorce Sucks: What to do when irreconcilable differences, lawyer fees, and your ex’s Hollywood wife make you miserable.

One of Mary Jo’s revelations: A producer of Tori and Dean’s reality show approached her with an offer to appear on the program. Though she did consider it, even meeting with the execs, she ended up passing on the chance to air her grievances on the small screen. Instead, she says she took the opportunity to issue a warning regarding her and Dean’s 10-year-old son Jack.

“I said, ‘If I ever again see my son with a black X across his face on the show without my permission, we’ll be having a whole different type of conversation,’” she writes. “I have managed to keep my son off the reality show and cast him in his very own and wonderfully private life. I mean, seriously — remember the ‘Diff’rent Strokes’ kids? Enough said.”

Mary Jo and Dean, who were married for 12 years, were also in the process of adopting a baby girl when they split – Mary Jo now has sole custody of 4-year-old Lola. Dean and Tori, who wed in 2006, have kids Liam, 2, and Stella, 1.

Mary Jo’s book is scheduled to hit bookshelves on October 19.

What do you think about Mary Jo penning a book about the split?

Filed under: Dean McDermott,Tori Spelling

Photo credit: Splash News

1. LOGICAL THINKER

I am glad. She is the victim! He cheated on her. They were adopting a baby together??? HELLO. He abandoned that baby too. What decent man does that?? Tori and Dean cheated on their spouses and parade around like a couple of saints with a rock solid marriage. They will get divorced and it will be ugly too.
    That being said I LOVE the show!!!!!!! Love it. But the truth is the truth and I don’t think we should judge anything that his ex writes. What goes around comes around……….

Good for Mary Jo for having too much dignity and self respect to appear on Tori and Dean’s pathetic reality show. Jack is a minor, so legally the producers have to have parental consent for him to appear on TV and if Dean did not know, then Tori used Jack for the show without Mary Jo’s consent (Jack’s face was blurred, same thing as being x-ed out) Typical Tori, trying to stir the pot! With all of Tori and Dean’s exloitation of their “seemingly perfect family”, Mary Jo has every right to tell her side of the story, reveal the ugly nasty truth about Tori and Dean and how devastating divorce is to those left behind (especially the children, one of whom he completely abandoned.) If the shoe was on the other foot, Tori would be lashing out every chance she could at the “whore” who stole her husband…oh wait that will be in episode 7 of Tori and Dean’s Home Sweet Hollywood Divorce!!

She is famous in Canada, especially in Toronto. She does have a claim to fame so to speak in Canada. I think it is horrible they cheated but she is probably better off as he seems like a total dork. She is much classier than Tori and Dean.

4. Amanda

oh whatever, I’m over it aruging it at this point. She’s just doing this for money because she has no claim to fame other than having a son with Mr Tori Spelling and now she wants more money or else she wouldn’t have written this tell all book after all these years of saying nothing.

• Moore

She is well known in Canada. If you’re really upset about her writing 1 book and not Tori (who has written multiple books and has a reality show) then maybe you’re just biased.
      The two were divorced in 2005, she began writing in 2007 and the book is due out or is out 2009. Looks like it was progressive to me and not just after all these years of saying nothing.

• Shirilicious

Um, and what exactly is Mrs. “I am the daughter of a famous producer” and Mr. “I married the daughter of a famous producer” claim to fame?

5. Shirilicious

Geez Louise, Amanda, sorry if this sounds insulting, but please switch on some more of your brain cells to comprehend what Mary-Jo is saying and what happened.
    Yes, her son has been on the show and what was her answer to that? “If I ever again see my son with a black X across his face on the show without my permission, we’ll be having a whole different type of conversation”.
    Meaning: She saw him (without her permission) with his face blurred out (= x-ed out, as somebody above has already said) and made sure that it will never happen again. This is what “If I ever again see (somebody/ something) without my permission” means!

Not to worry answer whether tori and dean had right to put jack on the whole thing was preplanned that is reality shows for you if people only would get it or do they love fanasty

6. Amanda

people are really not getting the point here, Jack’s mother HAD to have given permission for him to be on the show or Tori wouldn’t have been able to have him on it. So if Dean didn’t know Jack was going to be there then obviously Tori got Jack’s mothers permission. So yes she had parental permission, I think Jack’s mother is just claiming she didn’t give permission to make Tori look bad.

7. Anna

I understand that she doesn’t want her son on a reality show. It’s completely different than photos and I am sure she is not happy about Tori calling the paparazzi either but there is nothing she can do about that.

8. Aubrey

Who cares if she did/didn’t give permission for him to be on the show… big picture here people. Dean left them all, wife of 12 years, son, and adopted daughter… oh wait he bailed on that too and now Mary Jo is raising her alone. I would loooove to read her book and give her $$. It’s kinda sick really that Tori and Dean parade their infidelity on prior marriages around in a neat little family basket. Ugh.

9. Amanda

personally I think she’s just trying to get money by writing this book and claiming all these things to get attention. Has she not watched the show? Jack was in one single episode for either Dean’s bday or father day I dont remember which and his face was completely blurred out with pixels over it. You couldn’t tell anything about Jack. I’m not even sure if you hear Jack talk in the episode. I don’t think you do. Does she not realize also that there are paparazzi photo’s of Jack out with Dean? Everyone knows what he looks like, so whats the big deal if he’s on the show once or twice and people actually see his face? They already have with the pap photo’s.

• Moore

The difference is that she did not give her consent for a tv show. With life and paparazzi you can’t exactly keep your child away from the public eye (in public) when his other parent is photographed.

10. Amanda

oh and something I wanted to point out before I foget, the episode Jack was on, Tori did have permission for Jack to come down and be filmed. She talk to his family and had Jack fly down to where they live and it was a suprise for Dean who had NO idea his son would be there. Dean rarely see’s his son he says because Jack’s mother won’t let him. Jack never had a black X over his face as this woman claims, I can tell you that is a complete lie on her part. I watched the episode Jack was in there was NO black X at all and he wouldn’t have been there had she not given Tori permission to invite Jack and let him go to the party.

11. DropThePilot