Happy 6th Birthday Pilot Inspektor Riesgraf Lee!

Happy 6th Birthday Pilot Inspektor Riesgraf Lee!

Name: Pilot Inspektor Riesgraf Lee

Date of Birth: September 28, 2003

Parents: Jason Lee & Beth Riesgraf

Siblings: A half sister whose name has not been released 08/08)

Facts:
- His name reportedly comes from the Grandaddy song “He’s Simple, He’s Dumb, He’s the Pilot”
- Both his parents are Scientologists

Quote from Parent:
“Pilot loves his name. He goes to a little hippie school where all the children have nteresting names. He has a friend named Zoot. Then there’s Cosmo…” – Jason, on criticism of his child’s name.

Filed under: Birthdays

Photo credit: INF Daily

1. ivy

rachel- then he gets to stand out and not have a boring name like everyone else. not such a bad thing. any person with a small amount of self-confidence won’t mind.

As someone who hyas always had to repeat and re-repeat her own name, I know that people often avoid communication if they cannot pronounce or are uncomfortable with your name. Many people just don’t approach someone if they are uncertain of the other person’s name – that’s from personal experience. That’s one thing. THe other is: why did they name the child Pilot? I really,really hope that that thing with the song is not true. That’s even worse than if I named a child Potato after the Louis Armstrong song. I might be missing something beautiful and meaningful here, but Pilot Inspektor sounds like something the parents came up with while being super high.

3. Lioness

@Rachel, having a unique name isn’t such a bad thing… the people who usually mind it are people who have common names- it’s just a fear of the unknown. I have a very unusual name (by American standards), and of course as a child, I longed for a more common name- but kids often shy away from things that makes them different. As they grow, people often learn to embrace their differences. I now love the fact that my name isn’t a Kim/Jessica/Amanda. Not that there’s anything wrong with having those names- but there isn’t anything wrong with not having them either. Helps you build confidence, in my opinion.

4. rachel s

What happens when Pilot grows up and go to college and everyone is named Dave, Bob, and Dan?

5. Shirilicious

Well, it’s one thing to have a unique (real) name and another to be named after a job title. And seriously “he’s simple, he’s dumb,…” and that’s how the came up with the “name” Pilot? Poor child.

6. Lioness

Well, I can’t argue against hoping that his name didn’t come from that particular song- yikes. But I still say that having a unique name isn’t a bad thing at all. @Anonymous, I’ve had the same experiences- having to constantly repeat my name, people avoiding me because they don’t want to mispronounce… I’m sure I’ve even been skipped for job considerations because of my name. Still wouldn’t trade it. People’s discomfort with saying my name isn’t my problem, or my parents’ problem- it’s their problem. I give a nickname to help some people out, but that’s as far as I’m willing to go- it’s up to them to learn my name, just as it’s up to me to learn theirs. I will most likely name my children “unusual” names, too…. but definitely not Pilot :-)

7. grngirl

Omg. How cute. Talk about his mothers twin.