For more than 35 years, Britax has been the best-selling child car seat in Europe and one of the most trusted brands in America due to their safety standards and ease of use.
Their new Advocate CS is incredibly innovative! The True side impact protection is designed to distribute crash forces keeping the head, neck and spine aligned to limit injury and the side impact cushions actually reduce the energy produced by side impact crashes by up to 50%.
Once we received the Advocate, I was immediately impressed with the sturdiness and overall quality. The cover is so very plush and the high density foam provides an extra layer of comfort for your child. There is even an infant body pillow to help with customizing the proper fit for infants.
Installation was a breeze with the premium LATCH connectors. Once the car seat is attached to the LATCH anchors, a click is heard to ensure proper installation. If you prefer not to use the LATCH system, the Advocate can also be installed using a regular seat belt.
The Advocate can be used both rear facing from 5-35 pounds and forward facing for children 12 months old & 20 pounds-65 pounds. When strapping your child in, the Click & Safe harness adjuster is a great way to make sure your child is secure. It is actually engineered to sense tension when the adjuster strap is pulled so you can ensure your child is properly and snugly positioned!
My favorite feature was how the harness and head restraint can be adjusted without having to re-thread the straps. There is nothing more frustrating than having to re-thread and re-adjust your child’s car seat as they grow!
Some other cool features:
* Patented, Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether with staged-release tether webbing, anchors the top of the child seat at two points to minimize forward movement in a crash
* HUGS™ (Harness Ultra Guard System) reduces forward head movement and cushions the chest in the event of impact
* Built-in Lock-Off(s) secure the vehicle seat belt so that the child seat does not move more than one inch side-to-side or front-to-back at the belt path
* Small Contoured Base ensures a tight installation in all types of vehicles
* Energy-Absorbing Base deforms in the event of a crash to absorb impact forces
We opted for the Kathryn print for our little girly girl however the Advocate is also available in four gender neutral colors – Moonstone, Onyx, Opus Grey and Opus Tan.
A car seat is definitely one item you should never skimp out on. Although Britax is higher priced than most car seats, the additional safety features and overall quality are unsurpassable. A child’s safety is one thing you can’t put a price tag on.