Katie Holmes: Suri Loves Her Heels

Katie Holmes: Suri Loves Her Heels

Mom Katie Holmes spoke out last night on something that’s been a hot topic here at Celebrity Baby Scoop in recent weeks: Suri’s heels!

The adorable 3-year-old has been spotted sporting heels in New York and Boston lately, prompting some to question if such shoes are appropriate for a preschooler. But the former Dawson’s Creek star insists there’s nothing wrong with Suri’s contentious footwear.

“She, like every little girl – she loves my high heels,” Katie told Access Hollywood at last night’s Dizzy Feet Foundation event.

Adding that the shoes provide good support, Katie explained, “They are actually ballroom dancing shoes for kids. I found them for her and she loves them.”

What do you think of Suri’s fancy footwear?

Filed under: Katie Holmes,Suri Cruise

Photo credit: INF

1. Anna

I don’t think the shoes will do Suri any harm. As long as she doesn’t wear them every day, all day long it’s fine.

2. Keri

At least she is wearing a coat.

3. Shirilicious

“What do you think of Suri’s fancy footwear?” I shudder when I see her feet in those heels. As for Kate’s reasoning, well, I’ve said it before that I think homegirl isn’t the brightest one.
    And, anne and pencils, well said.

4. Lucia R

Right because heels automatically are going to turn her into the next drew barrymore. Because the next step after heels is obviously sex drugs smoking and alcohol.

5. MomE

When is Katie going to grow up and be a mother?

Seriously, I used to come to the defense of this family every time. But I’ve drawn a line here. I’ve danced in all kinds of shoes – ballroom, jazz, tap, ballet. None of them were designed for supporting a growing foot while engaged in toddler activities. What kinda craziness is she on?!

Katy, you are her mother. It is your responsiblity to teach her what is and what is not appropriate, what is and what is not healthy. Without your guidance she can’t grow up to make good choices. If she decides she’s had it with clothes and shoes would you let her run down the street naked? Really, get a clue!

6. Shaya

These obviously aren’t heels she plays “dress up” in. She seems to wear them all the time now. I think if it was a neighbor who let their 3 year old daughter dress like this then people would think differently and find it odd. Tom and Katie need to learn how to say no but alas they can’t.

7. Sonya

Well, as long as she love them… (eye roll).

My 3-year-old loves playing with scissors and giving our dog a ‘haircut’, doesn’t mean we let her do it! Who’s the parent here?

Seems to me Katie should get some friends her own age and let Suri be a child.

8. Cabo

Yeah Katie when i was 3 years old i used to love dog food. That doesn’t mean it was right for me.

9. SarahEG

Well, if I could find shoes like those for my daugher, I would let her wear them as well. I don’t see the big deal is.

10. cyberkitten8

*ballroom dancing shoes for* Well now..i guesss THAT just makes it ok *eye roll*
    I love reading about the Cruise family and i dont usually question their parenting skills…but THIS is totally moronic. Heels aren’t good for a grown woman’s feet let alone a small childs!

11. anne

OK, at what age do children perform the grade of ballroom dancing that requires the official style of shoe? Age three? Really? (And if not, having such things custom-made for a too-young child is a little….messed up. IMHO y’all.)

12. Pencils

The fact that they’re comfy and provide support isn’t the issue. The issue is that high-heeled shoes inappropriately sexualize a small child. She’s not wearing them for dress-up, she wears them as part of her outfit on a regular basis. I’m sure many people won’t think it’s a big deal, but I think it is. It’s hard enough for children to be children these days, don’t push them towards adult things that they cannot understand. It’s playing with fire.

Katie Katie Katie…what is going on with you honey? Your 3 yr old is wearing HIGH HEELS…ALL THE TIME. Its not cute. Its ick. And she’s hardly copying you, if she was she’s wear the same slouch boots and crumpled tops with badly fitting jeans EVERYWHERE.

14. Maru

I don’t think those are appropriate for a 3 year old. Wearing your mum’s shoes from time to time is ok, i did it. But wear them like an every day thing, i don’t think so.

15. JGZ

Shirley Temple wore ballroom shoes/heels at that age and no one thought of anything then. What is the big deal?

16. Nancy

Please…are you all really serious? She is a little girl that likes to dress up, do you all not have girls who like to dress up? Is wearing a princess dress wrong as well..maybe it will lead to a happily ever after and who would want that?? Give me a huge break! I do not see a problem with it, does it hurt anyone..NO..not except you. I’m guessing if any of you other Parents were in the spotlight like Katie people would find issues with something you had as well, would you really want a bunch of strangers commenting on your parenting? Yeah..I did not think so!

I don’t really think this is a big deal! Geez people get a life and stop hating on Katie’s parenting style! Go critize Gwen Stfani and Gavin Roaadal i mean look at there 3 yr old! He is sooo ugh I mean talk about growing up too fast!

18. Sonya

Well, as long as she love them… (eye roll).

Seems to me Katie should get some friends her own age and let Suri be a child.

So true! So many parents just don’t want to act like parents. Your kid cannot get EVERYTHING they want ALL the time! That’s utterly ridiculous.

19. anne

JGZ: ah, the glorious ’30s! when the studios made children tap their little hearts out for hours on end and slathered horses and humans in toxic paint! Nancy: honey, all parents talk about each other behind their backs … and it’s not like we’re calling celebrity parents on the phone and haranguing them. These are merely opinions on a blog, and nobody’s listening but us chickens.

20. Katrina

I don’t think they sexualize anything.. she wears the frumpy little dresses and coats she likes. Heels don’t automatically scream child exploitation and I think its a bit dramatic to constantly rave about that. There are a lot of factors that play into sexualizing a child, clothing, actions, experiences, etc etc etc.

How is she, wearing heels, going to play with other kids at the playground? Oh yeah, she doesn’t play with other kids at the playground.

22. Anon1

People, stop tying yourselves up in knots, its not a big deal really, I saw 3 kids this Sunday with heels, none of them seemed in pain. They are not 6 inch louboutins, now if that happened, you can start whining.

Go anne! Ask Shirley Temple what she thought of her childhood….Katie needs to get some friends her own age and stop hanging onto Suri like she is a lifeboat in the middle of the Atlantic and sharks are circling. Beyonce concerts? High heels? Makeup? Late night dinners? ork on your marriage or dump the loser but please stop warping your child into some hideous dress up doll cum sister figure.

Ahhhhhh…feel much better now I have pontificated.

24. Danielle

I think others have said everything I was thinking but yeh I was like well as long as Suri likes them then thats ok? haha So when she’s 11 and smoking pot as long as she’s happy??????????? Drew Barrymore repeat coming this way???

those shoes are actually very comfy.

26. DIRTY STAY OUT

I am so sick of looking at this kid. What moron of a parent would let their 3 year old wear high heels? This kid is already sporting the attitude and is going to wind up being .a spoiled biotch.

27. Sx

She is THREE. She is wearing HEELS, REGULARLY!!! If you don’t see the problem, then YOU have a problem!!!!!

You know, I am bothered by the heels, but I’m more bothered by the fact that she looks like she has on makeup.

29. Jasmine

How about this, if your not buying it or taking care of the little girl or anything, don’t bitch. It’s that simple. Why do you people feel the need to judge her parenting style or talk about her. I don’t see you doing anything for Suri.Worry about your own kids and only comment on if you think her outfit it cute or not, or just don’t comment at all.