The Stefani-Rossdales Prepare For Takeoff

The Stefani-Rossdales Prepare For Takeoff

In an effort to stay together at the busy airport, Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale put both of their boys – Kingston, 3 1/2, and Zuma, 15 months – in a stroller as they entered LAX on Sunday (November 29). When they made their way inside the Los Angeles airport, Gavin carried Zuma while Kingston stayed in the stroller with his soother.

Just yesterday, we saw Gwen and Gavin take their stylish tot to the movies to see the holiday classic, How The Grinch Stole Christmas!

Filed under: Gavin Rossdale,Gwen Stefani,Kingston Rossdale,Zuma Rossdale

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin / INFdaily.com / GSI Media

My daughter will be 4 in 29 days and the last time I took her to the dentist was in October. She has been using a pacifier since birth and the dentist showed me how it was causing her teeth to actually form to the shape of the binky. He told me that 3 1/2 is where the damage starts to become permanent. I went home that day and threw all the binkies in the trash. She has not had one since. I know she loved them and I didn’t want to upset her but she is old enough to understand they were hurting her teeth. She still has her blankie so she’s okay.

Seriously, why is Kingston sucking on a pacifier? He’s 3 1/2 years old for crying out loud.

It seems many parents, both celebrity and not, don’t want to “deal with” the repercussions of taking away something their child likes, whether or not it’s in their best interest to have it. They don’t want to listen to their child cry or whine, so they put it off until the kid willingly gives it up on their own. I, personally, can’t agree with this method of parenting. Eventually, you will have to do something your child doesn’t like, and you will have to “deal with” the results of that.

3. Soaplover

See, just like I said earlier this week, if any 3-4 year old celebrity baby who sucks a pacifier, it’s just wrong, and tsk tsk on the parents.
    But, oh, it’s okay if Violet Affleck has one. Jennifer is the best celeb mom out there, she knows what she’s doiing. Oh, and it’s only because she has a new little sister.
    If I’m right, Violet will be 4 years old tomorrow! She’s older than Kingston! And if I’m still right, Kingston also has a little brother, not as young as Sera, but still. . .
    If everyone is okay with Violet having paci, then I’m going to defend Kingston.
    P.S. I have nothing against Violet or Seraphina, I think they are both really cute.

Totally agree that there is a double standard with Jen Garner. She can do no wrong! It’s bizarre to me. But, I will take the opposite approach and be anti-pacifier for all :-)

4. Lioness

Well, I can’t comment on Gwen’s/Gavin’s parenting style, because I really have no idea what it’s like- but I do think Kingston’s a little old for a pacifier. He seems a bit spoiled in general, even Gwen has admitted to that. Zuma appears to be more laid-back. Beautiful family, nonetheless.

5. Soaplover

I got so sidetracked, I forgot to mention my usual comment:
    Kingston is super cool. One of the awesomest celeb tots.
    Zuma=Cutie Pie. That sweet baby face just makes me melt. He looks just like Gwen.
    =-)

I love how it’s deliberately mentioned that he “stayed in the stroller with his soother”. Did everyone get that? SOOTHER. Okay, let the complaining begin…..

Perhaps they only give Kingston his soother when they are flying to help his ears on the plane because they don’t allow him to chew gum or suck on a candy as most adults would. People are so quick to criticise other parents (celebrity and otherwise) but you do not live with them and live their lives with them, you aren’t aware of what goes on behind closed doors. There are many many pictures of Kingston (and Zuma too) posted on this site and others and he does not have his pacifier in every picture, on every outing. This might be an acception, what if they only took it out for him to have on the plane and then allowed him to have it while they went through the airport (where they probably knew photographers would be waiting for them and it is clear in other pictures that Kingston does not seem to be a fan of photogs) then promtly took it away from him? Remember we are only getting a glimpse for a brief moment in their lives.

I don’t usually comment and I apologize for the rant, but I often see comments about pacifiers and children of a certain age and while everyone has their opinion on them it is not really up to us to judge these other parents when we don’t know them or their children.

8. Danielle

Looks like he had the paci as he’d been sleeping, haven’t seen him out and about playing with it which is my pet peev, that looks horrid. But I do think they could probably get him to give it up.
    I’m more concerned with the dyed hair as someone said in a previous post they seem to spend far too much time trying to make this child into a mini punk.
    Travis Barker’s son had a mohawk but most of the time it wasn’t spiked up and certainly not dyed and Landon was always dressed in nice but kiddy friendly clothes.