Kimora Lee Simmons: “Family Is The Most Important Thing To Me”

Kimora Lee Simmons: "Family Is The Most Important Thing To Me"

Model turned Baby Phat CEO, Kimora Lee Simmons, and her gorgeous family – hubby Djimon Hounsou, their 6-month-old baby boy Kenzo and Kimora’s two daughters, Ming, 9, and Aoki, 7 – model for their first-ever holiday family portrait in their 40,000-square-foot Saddle River Mansion, one of the largest personal residences in the state of New Jersey. The beautiful family are featured in the next edition of Page Six magazine, free inside the New York Post on December 3.

On making time for her children: “My family is the most important thing to me. I’ve never missed any type of performance—not one recital, not one karate belt. If there’s a toe being tapped or a tune being whistled, I am there. We do everything together. I know we live a little bit of a different life, with all the running around and the TV show, so I want to make sure we’re even more grounded.”

On life with her new husband, and the rumors that their marriage is not legal: “We’re married. That’s all. It happened in Africa, in Benin. The girls were there, and we had a wonderful time. It was very calm, family-motivated and spiritual. Djimon and I enjoy discussing anything from politics to wine, and we have enriching, private, happy, balanced lives together. That’s probably the thing that would shock people most: We do things like go to the grocery store and have fun with our kids. We’re a normal family, doing the best we can.”

On being a self-made entrepreneur and independent woman: “It’s absolutely true! Do I need anything from [Djimon]?” No. I focus on my kids. I work my butt off. That might be one high-maintenance thing about me: My schedule is always crazy. So am I up and on the phone early in the morning? Yes. Is that sometimes annoying? Yes. But I hold my weight emotionally in a relationship. At times, sure, if you’re down and I’m up, and I can lend you a hand, or vice versa, great. I’m a very supportive partner.”

On hosting a traditional Christmas at home with her family: “I bake. I make a great German chocolate cake. Anyone who knows me will tell you I’m a great baker, the best. When I bake something, I swear to god, it’s gone before it hits the plate.”

Check out the exclusive video of the photo shoot here.

Filed under: Aoki Simmons,Djimon Hounsou,Kenzo Lee Hounsou,Kimora Lee Simmons,Ming Simmons

Photo credit: Page Six/Karin Kohlberg

and money clearly…dressed to the nines, surrounded by dozens of presents when some children will wake up to nothing Christmas morning. I have no use for this woman and the ENORMOUS child support payments she receives, pathetic…

2. Kediia

beautiful picture !! =)

does anyone else think kimora’s dress is just a little out of place in this picture??

4. Janie

Kimora is such a fake! She was a total witch to her first husband! This picture is absolutely obnoxious. There are so many children in the world who have NOTHING. No presents, no Christmas tree – NOTHING! There is a recession going on right now!

She is a spoiled self centered diva!

5. Jack

I really do hate it when people show off. Never watched her show or even looked twice at the clothes shes designed. We all know shes rich and has a great life but there is no need to rub it in peoples faces. Some people and their fame addiction. Most famous people want to be left alone its only the annoying ones who crave the attention.

Not Everyone is in a recession. Just because they have a lot of money doesn’t mean they can’t spend it the way they want. It is their money. And there was an interview with her and she said she donates to those who need it. She may be a little off the wall but she seems to have a great family.

7. Katrina

Some people dont have food, does that mean you’re starving yourself right now? Some people dont have shoes, clothing, education, nothing. I see you’re online with enough time to browse celebrity websites, so obviously you aren’t abstaining from anything. There will ALWAYS be someone somewhere with less then you, with more misery then you, with more happiness, money, etc then you. Live your life with what you have and meet your own goals.

Ridiculous.

• Lioness

Very well-said, Katrina. I’m sure everyone here will shop this holiday for themselves and their family, and NOT for people in the world who are without gifts. I have much less money than Kimora, and I wouldn’t expect her to come my house to give me some. Take it easy, people, it’s just a family picture.

That said- whose terrible idea was it to put Djimon in that sweater? How come Kimora gets purple glam and Djimon gets reindeer on his chest??

8. Anna

Woe so many jealousy on this website, so just because there are children without presents her children shouldn’t have presents? Does that mean you are not giving your children presents either?
    It’s her money to spend, she can do as she likes.

9. Tif

this picture is frightening! can they BE more over the top?

“Family is the most important thing”, hmmm, maybe… Obviously showing off is the 2nd most important thing.

A picture of their beautiful family, without all the bells and whistles and life size soldiers in the background might have been a little more appropriate.

Just sayin….

Kimora knows that marriage isn’t legal….imo the photo is a bit over the top but then again it is Kimora so what did we expect and I c they airbrushed the rolls from her neck

11. Rosa

You peopple should get your facts right if Russell Simmons wasn’t rich he would be in jail. Kimora was a 13 year old when he fell for her and took her under his wings (ha and eye roll). He is responsible for whatever she turned out to be.

12. Ellen

Although I believe Kimora’s gown is lovely, especially the color, it doesn’t seem compatable with the others’ clothing. She seems too formal compared to the more homey clothing of kids and husband.

is u mad cause u not 1 of her three kids is ok dont be mad u got 2 give it 2 her, she got some pretty kids. :)

“model for their first-ever holiday family portrait in their 40,000-square-foot Saddle River Mansion, one of the largest personal residences in the state of New Jersey. The beautiful family are featured ‘

WRONG. This isn their manions. This is russell simmons mansin.
    also these too aren’t married. kimora doesnt want to loose her payments from russell. and she is still holding his name. why not be kimora lee housou?