Idina Menzel’s Glee-ful Return To Work

Idina Menzel's Glee-ful Return To Work

New mom Idina Menzel has a new gig! The Tony-award winning Broadway star will be doing a 9-show stint on the FOX hit Glee, playing the vocal coach of a competing school’s glee club.

It will mark the return to work for Idina, who welcomed son Walker Nathaniel with her handsome hubby Taye Diggs in September.

Taye, also a Broadway vet, recently confessed that he and Idina are big fans of the show, saying that his wife “would love” to guest star. The Glee cast seems equally thrilled to have her on board.

“I can’t even fathom that,” says Chris Colfer, who plays student Kurt, of Idina’s guest spot. “I can’t even talk about it. I am so, so excited.”

Filed under: Idina Menzel

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Shirilicious

I LOVE Glee! And they have to make her Rachel’s biological mom. They look so much alike.

2. LJSS

Oh I’m a total Gleek! Can’t wait to hear the powerhouses of Lea & Idina singing together. It’d be even better if tptb could coordinate Lea, Idina & Kristen singing together. But I’ll take any combination! Eagerly anticipating the April return of Glee.

3. carolyn

Shirilicious – I thought the same thing. They look so similar! I also love Glee, can’t wait to see Idina there!

4. musiclover

I am so excited that she is going to be on the show!!! I am a huge fan of Idina and of Glee. Can’t wait! And they just have to have her and Kristen in at least one scene together!

5. musiclover

I am sooo excited!I am huge fan of Idina and I love Glee. I can’t wait! They just have to have Idina and Kristin in at least one scene!

6. Sara

I just high-five’d myself! Best news EVAH!