Celebrity Baby Scoop’s 2nd Annual Readers’ Choice Awards

Celebrity Baby Scoop's 2nd Annual Readers' Choice Awards

What better way to ring in the New Year than to stop to appreciate another year gone by?! Over 18,000 of you voted and we’ve compiled the results of the 2009 Celebrity Baby Scoop 2nd Annual Readers’ Choice Awards.

What a year it has been in celebrity news and pictures! From the Gosselin‘s split that turned from bad to worse before you could recite all 8 kids’ names, to Michael Jackson’s shocking death, to Honor Warren‘s funky fashion statements, to the best pictures of 2009, there was no shortage in headlines last year. We watched Katherine Heigl transform as she fulfilled a lifelong dream and adopted baby Naleigh from Korea. We shook our heads at Suri Cruise‘s high heels and couldn’t believe it when M.I.A. named her firstborn child Ikhyd Edgar Arular, while we cheered for joy when first-time parents Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. named their daughter Charlotte Grace.

Votes came pouring in for some tried-and-true favorites including the lovable Garner-Affleck family, sexy doting daddy Hugh Jackman, and the always-adorable Sasha Schreiber. And topping the list as some of our new favorites include sweet baby Satyana Denisof and the newly crowned prettiest family in Tinseltown: the Berry-Aubrys.

From your favorite new baby, to the best and worse baby names, to your favorite celebrity family, our 2nd Annual Readers’ Choice Awards doesn’t miss a thing. Read on!

Best Baby Name of 2009:
1. Charlotte Grace Prinze
2. Everleigh Rae Gigandet
3. Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck

Worst Baby Name of 2009:
1. Ikhyd Edgar Arular Bronfman
2. Sparrow James Midnight Madden
3. Bandit Lee Way

Click below to see the full list of results from our 2nd Annual Readers’ Choice Awards…

Favorite Celeb Mom of 2009:
1. Jennifer Garner
2. Angelina Jolie
3. Nicole Richie

Favorite Celeb Dad of 2009:
1. Hugh Jackman
2. Ben Affleck
3. Gavin Rossdale & Seal (tie)

Favorite Celeb Family of 2009:
1. The Garner-Afflecks
2. The Klum-Samuels
3. Michelle Williams & Matilda Ledger

Favorite New Baby of 2009:
1. Satyana Denisof
2. Walker Nathaniel Diggs
3. Seraphina Affleck & Naleigh Kelly (tie)

Favorite Celeb Baby of 2009:
1. Seraphina Affleck
2. Honor Warren
3. Nahla Aubry

Favorite Celeb Kid of 2009:
1. Sasha Schreiber
2. Violet Affleck
3. Kingston Rossdale & Shiloh Jolie-Pitt (tie)

Favorite Celeb Big Kid of 2009:

2. Angel Murphy’s mohawk
3. Honor Warren’s headbands

The Most Stylish Celeb Tot of 2009:
1. Honor Warren
2. Kingston Rossdale
3. Suri Cruise

What do you think of the list? What were your favorites of 2009?

Filed under: Readers Choice Awards

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News / Flynet / Bauer Griffin / Fame / INFdaily.com / Splash / GSI Media

1. nicoleC

I agree most of the result
    Love Hugh,The Garner-Afflecks,The Berry-Aubrys and Seraphina Affleck!!

2. Allegra

I find it odd that Walker Diggs was the second favourite new baby of 2009, just because we’ve only seen one (?) photo of him and not really had any “coverage” on him, if you get what I mean, whereas Seraphina is quite regularly seen and lots of readers seem to really adore her and she was at number three. I laughed when I read that Honor Marie’s headbands were the third least popular trend this year, yet she was voted the most stylish tot. I think her headbands are gorgeous, and part of what make her stylish, although I voted Kingston for that category. I would’ve thought Violet would be the favourite kid, and Jennifer and Ben the favourite parents. That family just seem so… loved? But Sasha is gorgeous too, it’s just surprising that he was voted favourite.

• Kim

Allegra I would assume people voted for Walker just because of his existence. Idina and Taye are one of those couples you just didn’t think would have kids, especially since they have been together for so long (14 years) and seemed to be more into their careers. I think people are just excited they had him and he just gets a vote in that respect. And he is a little cutie (4 pictures we have seen of him and all).

I don’t agree with most of it…… just my opinion though.

4. Soaplover

THANK YOU!!!!!!
    I kept saying Honor Warren was the most stylish tot of 2009!
    Here’s mine though:
    Best Baby Name:
    Sparrow James Midnight Madden
    Worst Baby Name:
    Ikhyd whatever. That’s why it’s so bad, you don’t even want to type it out!
    Favorite Celeb Mom:
    Gwen Stefani
    Favorite Celeb Dad:
    Gavin Rossadale
    Favorite Celeb Family
    Tie between Michelle and Matilda & the Stefani-Rossadales!
    Favorite New Baby of 2009:
    Michael Jackson Dies
    Saddest Split of 2009:
    Jon & Kate Gosselin
    Celebrity Most Recommended to Stop Reproducing:
    Nadya Suleman
    Least Favorite Celeb Tot Trend of 2009:
    I don’t mind Suri Cruise’s heels, but I’m sick & tired of people complaining about it, so I’ll have to go with that one.
    The Most Stylish Celeb Tot of 2009:
    Honor Warren (I like Suri’s dresses, too!)
    Can’t wait to see what the Celeb Tots have in store for us this year!

5. melanie1983

I agree Allegra! I loooove Idina and Taye, but we haven’t seen much of Walker.

I don’t understand how MIA’s baby’s name is more weird than naming a poor child Bandit or Mowgli. Considering that her given name is Mathangi Maya Arulpragasam and her ancestry is Sri Lankan, it is possible that Ikhyd isn’t an unusual name given her cultural background.

It’s really just ignorance. If a name isn’t eurocentric or from the bible it can’t possibly be a real name. None of the names on the list bother me as much as the overuse of illiterate psuedo phonetics by parents when naming their children (mostly to feminize a boy name). I’ve recently met kids with the names Phinnleigh (Finley) and Kanyenn (Canyon).

7. Soaplover

His name is Bronx, not Mowgli, that’s his middle name.
    Yeah, I understand what your saying.
    I guess because some Americans just aren’t used to a really cultural game.

I third that comment from anon. Ikhyd is Sri Lankan whereas Bronx Mowgli is just misguided eccentricity.

9. Lioness

I’m with you, Anon, you hit the nail square on the head- if it isn’t Eurocentric or from the Bible, people don’t know what to do with it, and it’s automatically weird/unlikeable. My name is Nigerian, I know firsthand. If you like Isabella/Madison/Sophia/Connor/Finley/Luke or any other of the popular, overused names out there, fine, but just understand there are other names from other places. Ikhyd may not be quite to my exact personal taste, but I’d take that over Walker or Ava any day of the week.

My daughter born in 2006 and named Charlotte Grace will be pleased to hear the results of your best name category!

hi thiis is sophie connor