Vanessa Paradis: Johnny Depp Is The Love Of My Life

Vanessa Paradis: Johnny Depp Is The Love Of My Life

It’s rare we get a peak into the personal lives of notoriously private lovebirds Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis, but the French beauty shares a bit about their relationship in a new interview with the UK’s Sunday Times.

“I’d wanted to be a mother for a long time, but with him I couldn’t avoid it,” Vanessa says of her longtime love. “He was, and still is, the love of my life.”

The pair have never married – though the interviewer notes, “the chunkiest thing about her is the ring on the fourth finger of her left hand, made up of more than half a dozen small diamonds” – but they have been together for 11 years and are parents to kids Lily-Rose, 10, and Jack, 7.

“Maybe I’m a good girlfriend because I’m his girlfriend. I’m not sure I’d be a good girlfriend to anyone else. There is a lot of friendship between us, respect and admiration,” Vanessa says of her relationship with People magazine’s recently re-crowned Sexiest Man Alive. “We’ve understood that if we want it to carry on working, it’s essential to give each other space. You don’t eat the same food every day, you don’t read the same book or listen to the same record over and over again. You have to discover things for yourself.”

Despite their busy schedules – Vanessa is a singer and actress as well – she says their family always stays together.

“We can’t be apart for long. I’ve spent my life travelling, so I am used to going wherever Johnny is, whether it’s England, Prague, Mexico or Paris. The kids like it, too. I hope it will make them broad-minded and open. As long as we have everything they need – which is a lot, like about 40 bags – we have as normal a life as possible.”

Even after so many years together, Vanessa still seems smitten by her Oscar-nominated beau, saying, “I could go on and on about all the things I admire in him. I like watching him when he’s thinking, when he’s talking with people, I like seeing how he handles situations. I admire him as an actor, as a father, as a man. Above all, I admire the person he is. He’s fantastic.”

Filed under: Johnny Depp,Vanessa Paradis

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Johnny has never won an Oscar although he’s been nominated.

2. carolyn

You’re quick, Anonymous! You caught that before I corrected it. Thanks! :)

As a die-hard Johnny fan I’d say that Oscar is long overdue.

3. Annoynomous

I love how she describes how much she admires about her man And how much she loves them. I really hope to feel that way about someone and for them to feel the same about me someday. Thats great so much lovey dovey. :)

4. BostonGirl

They are very cute together. It is always great to see long lasting relationship with Hollywood people! Last year’s Man Of The year Hugh Jackman is another long lasting relationship too! I wish we could see more Johnny on here but it must be impossible for tha paps to get on his island! LOL

5. BostonGirl

They are very cute together. It is always great to see long lasting relationship with Hollywood people! Last year’s Sexiest Man Hugh Jackman is another long lasting relationship too! I wish we could see more Johnny on here but it must be impossible for the paps to get on his island! LOL

7. Myself

“It’s rare we get a peak”… should be read “It’s rare we get a PEEK”.

They seem to have a really amazing relationship. Johnny and Vanessa are one of the few celebrity couples who don’t flaunt their every move in the media, which is very commendable. edhardy
    Ed Hardy

9. Annie-Kate

As I stated on another site. I have been I fan of Johnny’s since 1984 . I am so very happy that has finally found such a lovily woman to share his life with. Their children are just beautiful! I wish them all a happy life and wonderful future.

I know I may get a lot of heat for this but what does she mean exactly when she says “He WAS, and still is, the love of my life”? Kind of a weird way of wording that sentence together.

For Sale Majorca

WoW Mobile is awesome! timberland boots I get free mobile service with t-mobile because I refered 3 people to wow. You can too!

13. dunk sb

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read! dunk sb you post

14. nfl apparel

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! nfl apparel I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post

15. huresy

Thanks for sharing the interview! Now we have more understandings about Andrea Roth. She is a superstar to me.
    Slot Online

16. nike shoes

May be the air max 2010 brand in the United States, and was born in the United States, of course, compared to nike shox shoes, the San Francisco Guide this country attached great importance to them, in fact, is the way San Francisco to celebrate the opening of the first to the tenth anniversary of nike air max 2009 , Nike launched its pair of special Air Max 90 San Francisco Edition, this section of San Francisco SF Special Edition will be available the day of 10 anniversary there, a total of 120 pairs of limited edition.

I don’t know much about her except she’s a french singer…but she’s very pretty. Anyways, she is massively lucky. When it comes to men, she struck gold.