Mariska Hargitay: “We’re Always Open” To Another Baby

Mariska Hargitay: "We're Always Open" To Another Baby

Mariska Hargitay looks sassy and confident on the cover of More magazine’s February issue. The 45-year-old Law & Order: SVU star, married to Peter Hermann, opens up about how their 3 ½-year-old son August Miklos Friedrich has helped her heal old wounds.

August is almost exactly the same age as Mariska was when her mom — legendary sex symbol Jayne Mansfield — died in an automobile accident in 1967. Mariska and her brothers were in the backseat and escaped without serious injuries. The Golden Globe-winning actress opens up about the loss of her famous mom at the tender age of three.

I love it when people say, ‘She had such a great laugh, and so do you.’ When I find similarities, it gives me so much peace. Children, when they lose their mother, have a different antenna. [They wonder] ‘When will I be safe? When will I be home?’ I lost my home too early. I’m getting it back through Peter and August. It’s about following the signs, listening to your inner voice. I’m living my life, and I know that this is what I’m supposed to be doing.”

The gorgeous Golden Globes winner goes on to say that she hasn’t given up hope of making August a big brother. “It’s in God’s hands,” she says. “But we’re always open to it.”

Filed under: Mariska Hargitay

Photo credit: More

1. melanie1983

My next born daughter will be named Mariska, I loveee her! lol

2. Sage

That’s a great name for your next girl, it’s really unique. Mariska Jane…

3. Leya

Just to help you out girls: Mariska is the nick-name form of Mária in Hungarian ( in English: Maria). What is funny, this form is in these days is not fashionable at all. I like this woman, and being Hungarian myself I am really proud of her for sticking to her heritage remembering her father by naming her son Miklós. And she is a brilliant actress.

4. Sage

**Mariska Jayne**

Well, considering Courteney Cox and Sandra Bullock both still want children and they are going to be 46 this year, then I guess Mariska can have other children too.

6. madylane

Having lost a mom too young too, I know how she feels. You almost search for connections like do I have her hands (I don’t!) or her cleft chin (I do!). I love when people say, oh gosh you look or act or said something just like your mom. She just warmed my heart by saying that cuz sometimes you feel alone in those things.
    Mariska is also just about the spitting image of Jayne. Everytime I see her I think Old Hollywood glamour. Her son looks a lot like her dad Mickey too! Some strong Mansfield and Hargitay genes in that family!

I love Mariska. It makes me so happy just seeing her on magazines. She’s an awesome role model and person. I wish there were more people like her in Hollywood.