Gisele Bündchen: I Didn’t Wear Maternity Clothes

Gisele Bündchen: I Didn't Wear Maternity Clothes

Supermodel Gisele Bündchen stayed so thin while pregnant with her first child Benjamin, she didn’t even wear maternity clothes, Us reports.

I kept myself in good shape throughout the pregnancy, feeding on a healthy diet, meditating and doing exercises such as yoga and kung-fu,” she told Brazilian newspaper Folha de Sao Paulo Veja. Continued Bündchen, 29, “I gained a little, but I kept using almost the same clothes, with minor adjustments to close in the belly.”

Since welcoming baby Benjamin – who she calls “a little angel” – with husband Tom Brady on December 8, the Brazilian beauty admits, “I have not had time to return to exercise. In the first months it’s all about the baby. But little by little I recovered the form. It helps that I have not gained much, have had natural childbirth and breastfeeding.” Gisele goes on to gush about motherhood: “To be a mother is a magical experience. The whole body is transformed by this. It really is the miracle of life. I am really happy!”

The Victoria’s Secret model also said she doesn’t have any help raising her son, whom she gave birth to in a bathtub in their Boston home.

“At the moment I have no nanny, but my mother stayed with me since before the birth of Benjamin. I could not ask God for better support than this.”

And what about her beauty rest?

“I have not slept much. In these first months, the baby usually nurses every two hours or three hours. It is quite tiring, but it is such a special moment, I’m enjoying it the most. I have dedicated my time entirely to him.”

Filed under: Gisele Bundchen

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Jack

She seems so formal when she talks. I know people don’t want to share every detail of their lives but she just kind of reminds me of a computer talking.

2. Shirilicious

She really sounds strange here. Maybe something got lost in translation?

3. Janna

I think you’re forgetting that English is not her first language. I would guess that’s why she sounds a little stilted or formal.

It’s obviously just a weird translation. The article says the quotes were taken from a Brazilian newspaper, so it really may have been a computer (an online translator) talking.

Yes, she is actually very cute and animated when she talks, not computerized at all. I’m sure this was just lost in translation.
    Me thinks that their little boy hit the “genetic jackpot” with those two parents. It will fun to see how gorgeous (and SUPER TALL) this kid turns out to be. Wow.

6. me2

i never wore maternity clothes either, you dont have to be really thin to do it that way. sometimes regular clothes fit better, as long as they’re long enough.

7. me2

8. Janie

Love Gisele! I can hardly wait to see what baby Benjamin looks like. He must be gorgeous like his parents!

I believe her since she did appear to be so tiny in pictures the paparazzi took of her during her pregnancy.

10. LJ

I didn’t wear maternity clothes either. With both my children, I had to undergo weekly visits with a doctor and nutritionist due to my diabetes. Weight gained allowed was about 25lbs tops. Yes, I was much larger than my usual self, but I got away with Bella Bands, tunic tops, and well a lot of jersey. I still use all these.