Gisele Bündchen’s Natural Birth “Didn’t Hurt In The Slightest”

Gisele Bündchen's Natural Birth "Didn't Hurt In The Slightest"

After hearing she stayed so thin during her pregnancy she didn’t ever wear maternity clothes, supermodel Gisele Bündchen is now coming forward and saying that her natural child birth “didn’t hurt in the slightest,” Brazilian TV channel Fantasticoshe reports.

Gisele gave birth in her bathtub at her Boston home with no pain relief and her mother, husband Tom Brady and a midwife by her side, The Daily Mail reports.

My delivery was in a bath tub, in water,” the 29-year-old beauty said. “I wanted to have a home birth. I wanted to be very aware and present during the birth… I didn’t want to be drugged up. So I did a lot of preparation, I did yoga and meditation, so I managed to have a very tranquil birth at home. It didn’t hurt in the slightest. The whole time my mind was focused in each contraction on the thought ‘my baby is closer to coming out.’”

The Brazilian beauty went on to say, “It wasn’t like ‘this is so painful.’ So I transformed that intense feeling into a hope of seeing him.”

She said that baby Benjamin didn’t cry after being born and rested in her lap for a long time. “It’s wonderful,” she said. “Never in my life I thought I could love like this. You hear people talking about it, but you don’t know until it happens to you. I couldn’t be happier.”

Benjamin is Gisele’s first child. Brady also has a 2-year-old son, Jack, with actress Bridget Moynahan.

Did you also experience a pain-free natural birth?

Filed under: Gisele Bundchen

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Moore

Sounds like hypnobirth.

• I believer her. I had a natural birth my 2nd and 3rd child (albeit in a hospital) but I didn’t have an epidural or anything and the pain was very manageable to the point that it felt like a “high” once the baby came out. She is a great inspiration. Child birth is normal and can be an amazing experience. It’s a shame many women fear it and fear the pain of delivery. I would do it again and again!!! Being fit, yoga, meditation, breathing and scent (I used lavender) can make a HUGE difference.

• Moore

The thought of morning sickness scares me more than labor does. I’m already planning what to study for breathing, yoga, working out. The only thing I can’t plan for is how I’ll feel with morning sickness.
        I’m planning to be wherever there is water whether at home or a hospital and no drugs cause I don’t like needles and don’t think I’ll need them anyway. Sounds like yours went well. congrats!

• Nikki B

I totally agree with the comment about being “high” after a natural birth. I had a really long (38 hour) labor and when my son was born everything melted away. I was squatting when I had him, my midwife handed him to me and I stood up. That was priceless! The pain went away and it was like I had just woken up from a nap and was ready to go!

2. KM

I wish I could believe this…lol! I believe it was HER experience…but from what I hear, everyone’s labor is different. I just hope when I do give birth I’m as calm and it’s as painless as possible. Which I know that’s kinda slim to none = ) Would love to hear from everyday women and their thoughts and experiences…not too scary though = )

• Jennie

I have had 4 boys and each labor was different. My first, was by far the easiest of the lot. Just under 10 hours and went very smoothly AND it really wasn’t that bad, pain wise. I remember thinking clearly ‘This is it?’ lol But my 2nd child was a bit more intense and was under 4 hours. #3 wasn’t horrible either and #4, I had an epidural!!! :D But every woman is different and every woman handles pain differently. She very well could be telling the truth. Some women find labor to be quite easy and painless. Some women . . . lol, have one tiny contraction and they’re ready to get knocked haha But in the end, nothing else matters but the little baby that was just born.

• Nikki B

I had a wonderful drug free birth. I won’t say that it was pain free or that it didn’t hurt, but it was tolerable. I can’t tell you how good it feels when your baby is born and you don’t have to worry about not being able to stand up or having to deal with them taking the HUGE needle out of your back from the epidural. The pain was just gone the moment he was born. It was a truly amazing and life changing experience. I wouldn’t do anything different. By the way, I heard from another mom who had a natural birth and then an epidural at a later time and said that the pain from the epidural was WAY worse than the pain of child birth. Just keep that in mind.

It didnt hurt in the slightest. Please! It hurt with an epidural. There has to be a level of pain. She is trying to make herself seem like superwoman she cant be any more perfect come on now honey no one expects you to be!

Why would she lie? You guys should try out yoga and/or meditation and see the effects, and then talk.
    The human mind is powerful. Ever heard of placebo?

• KM

You know…I’m glad you said that…because I always wondered if Yoga REALLY does help in a situation like that. It seems like it could, but again, depending on how painful the labor is…I don’t know if I could meditate that hard, lol!

Yoga keeps you flexible and is good for relaxation PRE-baby, but unless she is having a session while she is in labor, she is full of sh*t. The meditative breathing and mindset would be helpful though. Seriously though, every woman’s labor is different…positioning of baby, pain tolerance, etc.

maybe her va jay jay is REALLY huge

6. Melanie

I’d have been scared stiff if my baby hadn’t cried when he was born

(especially because he was delivered by c section at 32 weeks)

7. Lilly

She must seriously think she’s superwoman! Didn’t ever wear maternity clothes and had a pain free birth!! Pleaseee… yea if I was a multi-millionaire who had all the money in the world to pay for prenatal yoga and for meditation classes I would be a happy camper too!! She needs to stop with the bragging already bcuz it’s making us ordinary women feel like crap!! I thought I was going to die when I was in labor, how’s that for a birth story?? Annnnd I got a terrible infection post-partum that required me taking strong painkillers! p.s. I hate her lol :)

• KM

Wow Lilly, lol! I’m sorry to hear that, but that is womans cross to bear, to bear the pain of child birth, lol! You shouldn’t feel like crap, I actually admire women who have kids, it’s no easy fete and it’s trully a blessing. That’s why I aske to hear from REAL women, I respect you all’s advice more verses someone who has the money, the nanny, and the career to be as carefree as the working 9 to 5 mom. I agree, if many women today had the wealth and opportunity the celebs did, I think they would have all had different experiences. I just don’t like when celebs try to make it seem like that’s reality…that’s their reality. Most women don’t have nannies or have the luxury to go take a Yoga class…or take extended periods of time off work.

8. lucy

DIDN’T HURT!! She is full of crap! No matter how much meditation and Yoga and whatever money can buy…the pain will be there, mybe not as bad as other mom’s but it’s still there. I was 8 cm dialted when i got to the hospital, it wasn’t screaming pain for me but there was some pain, i did my he hes and ho hos and i was fine, but i would never say that there was NO pain, just IMPOSSIBLE!!! She’s making her self look stupid for saying that!

9. lucy

WAIT…and her baby didn’t cry?…i would be going crazy if my baby didn’t cry! She’s starting to sound like a freak of nature!!! supermodel or not…you’re still human Dear!!!

i think it’s great!

11. Kristin

I too chose to go the Natural Birthing route. While I wouldn’t say my experience was pain-free, I would say that I now feel a deeper appreciation for the entire experience and what the human body and mind are innately capable of. More power to Ms. Bundchen if her experience was as great as she describes. Let’s stop hating on each other ladies. Women and mothers should support one another. We all have a tough (albeit amazing) job.

• java-mommie

we should support each other. i whole heartedly agree. BUT let’s call a spade a spade. some women tell silly stories to make themselves appear better than other women. (don’t get uptight – i don’t know Mrs. Brady, so I don’t know if this applies to her… just speaking about women supporting women who KEEP IT REAL)

i think i believe her. i mean there is some many things going on together. first of all the pain tolerance. i dont use painkillers generaly. i didnt take it when i broke my arm or sprained my anckle. but for example no matter how much of painkillers you give me when i will be on dentist chair i will feel pain.
    second there is also something what you wont call pain but rather discomfort. it is not that strong and dont borther you so much. waterbirth is well known as less painfull. yoga and meditation give good results as well. there is also the size of a baby and how fit is your body. lets dont forget about power of possitive thinking.
    i think that all together can lead you to have birth what you would call painless.
    now i thik i would like to try to give birth without epidural. i feel i can handel that pain. and i love the idea of waterbirth.

13. Carrie

I gave birth to my son about 3 weeks ago (whom we also named Benjamin, we had the name picked out for months) and he didn’t cry either. It scared the hell outta me and I made the doctor make my son give a little yell. Even today at almost 3 weeks old he still doesn’t cry lol

Wow! I’m amazed at how perfect she is

15. Janie

Love Gisele! I can hardly wait to see handsome Benjamin!

I must have missed the part where she didn’t get one strechmark either!
    I remember pain, especially when the baby was crowning, then your nerves kind of go numb after that.
    Both her & her husband are known to be liars why should we believe anything they say….

An epidural certainly does not make you feel “drugged up.” I have three children and had an epidural for each one. I was fully aware of their births. I don’t understand when people think if you have an epidural, you are going to be totally out of it and not be able to experience your child’s birth.

I think she is telling the truth. From watching water births on youtube, it takes about a minute or a little less for the baby to cry. Unlike c-sections where the baby crys right away. I’m not a doctor so I don’t know why that is.

Shirilicious my guess is you don’t understand a thing

All I see here is jealousy. Gisele has never said anything rude or mean in her interviews, so I don’t see why everyone is so upset.

21. Anyuta

Thats so scary reading all those “full of hate” comments here. I agree that people should first do research before judging over others. Just because some women didnt share the same experience as you did, they dont have be “liars”!
    My mother had no pain neither at my birth nor at my sisters birth…so it really, deosnt have to be painful.
    By the way: my mother gave birth in kazakhstan without yoga or other preparation offers that exist in the western world.
    Its the most natural thing in the world; just think over your own attitudes and views: being in peace with oneself helps, general feelings of envy or hate in constrast will have a negative influence on the process.

I cannot believe how angry this actually made some women. Its ridiculous! The reason that births are thought to be so painful and they are treated like a medical procedure is because of the American culture. Childbirth is a natural thing that every woman’s body is designed to do. Women in third world countries have safer and healthier pregnancy and births than Americans because of the way it is viewed. It does not have to be painful! I completely believe her that she had a pain free and enjoyable birth. Every body should be able to choose their own birth experience. If you want an epidural fine, but if you don’t that’s awesome. Those of you who don’t believe should read up on hypnosis and other natural pain relievers. Just do your research and get your facts straight before you judge someone else’s experience. And remember that childbirth has been happening for millions of years and women have been just fine without medication it is only in recent years and mostly in America that it has become a medical procedure. Why don’t women believe in their own bodies any more? Its sad.

23. Mia

Ever heard of orgasms during childbirth? Yeah, it happens. There’s a video of a woman giving birth in a tub, having a very… sensuous birth. :)

It IS possible to prepare body and mind for it, I’ve experienced it myself. Anxiety / strain play a HUGE role regarding how you experience pain. You can prepare for this situation and kinda slide through it, bonding with earth and turning pain into more primeval feelings. And you don’t have to pay much money for yoga courses to do so. ;) It’s more about trusting your instincts and not being afraid of the situation, but rather embrace this part of nature.

I don’t know if it’s been like that for Gisele Bundchen, but those of you who project their own experiences onto others and hence not believe theirs if they’re too different from their own: Consider the possibility that every human being is different. ;)

24. Shirilicious

I think the reason people are turning on her is because the interviews she has given so far sound like she’s reading out of the worst pages of the “mom-brag-book”. Everything is “I didn’t wear maternity clothes, MY child birth was pain free, MY son didn’t even cry” and so on and so forth. Even if that’s truly her experience, you just can’t help but give her a giant eye-roll.

And lines like “Never in my life I thought I could love like this” are in especially poor taste considering how she claimed her stepson to be 100% hers and said she couldn’t love him more even if he she gave birth to him. Well, I guess she could.

So I completely understand those”full of hate” comments here, because she sounds really annoying.

I think you nailed it on the head shiri! She just sounds like she is gloating.

• Lilly

Agreed! What else are we going to hear from this woman, “Little Ben wipes his own butt” LOL

• Christine26

She said she didn’t wear maternity clothes because as a supermodel it’s her job to look good, so she did, even while pregnant. Besides, people wanted to know, so it’s not like she attention seeking.

Having a pain free child birth must be great, and if the baby comes out so peacefully it doesn’t even cry that’s great as well; definitely something worth bragging about. Again, everyone must have been asking her 20 questions, so why resent her for sharing her experience.

You strike me as a bitter woman who probably fears child birth and resents the fact that woman must be the bearers of children. Either that or your own experience(s) was horrible. I guess eye-rolling must be your defense mechanism when you’re jealous and some other person’s happiness makes you feel worse about yourself.

Maybe she didn’t think she could love anyone more than she loved her stepson until she had her own child, or maybe it was because of the feeling of joy she felt at the time. Again, i think you’re nitpicking her words because you’re bitter.

There’s no reason to defend those hateful people. What kind of moron decides to read this article in the first place if they don’t want to learn about the happiness she felt from the experience?

25. MisterMister

Wow, people are easy to piss off or rub the wrong way in here. Don’t talk as if you know Gisele or any celeb for that matter. Judging these celebs based on edited snippets of interviews gleaned from a dozen tabloids? Really?

I can’t believe people are angry at Gisele for having a pleasant child birth experience. Its a beautiful, natural thing, and something the body is prepared for. IF you can do a natural birht the trauma on your body is so much less than it would be using pitocin, epidural, c section etc. You truly bounce back right away as soon as the baby is out where as with an epidural and c section the trauma, pain and recovery is terrible. I think it is great that Gisele was brave enough to do a natural birth and not a c section with tummy tuck like most celebrities and that she is encouraging other mothers to be to go this route that is truly better for the baby and for the mother. We should admire her and respect her for her decision.

I had all cesarean births AND was up walking, not the next day, but 2 hours after. Recovery was a snap and amazing and I, still, for the life of me, don’t know why women have such a problem with the way I birthed! I’d do it all over again! It was awesome. I’ve got to assume it’s jealousy that my babies are here and healthy while other women were ripped and torn. What other explanation is there for all of this pompous self-righteousness, lol??

Find a great range of Ed Hardy products. Ed Hardy Women’s Ellerise Lowrise Sneaker · Ed Hardy Women’s
    thanks for your post.perhaps you will like
    Ed Hardy
    Ed Hardy handbags
    Ed Hardy shirts
    Ed Hardy clothes
    ED Hardy Caps
    Ed Hardy Sunglasses
    Ed Hardy Belts
    Ed Hardy Wallets
    discount Ed Hardy
    Ed Hardy

Thanks for sharing your article. As a sports fan I adore all kinds of sports equipments. I’ve got all jordan shoesfive fingers shoes and p90x dvds. I think ed hardy clothing are the coolest t-shirts in the world!

30. ed hardy

Forty years ago, [url=http://www.mycheapedhardy.com/]Don Ed hardy[/url]blew off a Yale fine-art fellowship to pursue the rogue art of tattoo, a timeless and often taboo tradition that captivated him as a boy in the Orange County beach town of Corona del Mar. By 10 he was drawing cars and eagles on kids’ backs and arms with wet colored pencils and Maybelline eyeliner. After that he begun to design the [url=http://www.mycheapedhardy.com/category-5-b0-Ed-hardy-men.html]ED hardy picture[/url]
    At the San Francisco Art Institute in the early ’60s, Hardy mastered the demanding art of intaglio etching under the tutelage of the late Gordon Cook, a no-jive blue-collar guy who instilled in Hardy a love of craft, Asian art and the quiet power of Giorgio Morandi’s little still life pictures. Which like [url=http://www.mycheapedhardy.com/category-26-b0-Ed-hardy-men-tee.html]Love kills slowly[/url] But it worked out well for the plucky Hardy boy, who blurred the supposed boundary between “high” and “low”

31. xedox

I have read your article for a several times and I was impressed by it! It was very interesting so I shared it with my friends. Hope they will like it too.
    The Adjustment Bureau watch online

32. MadelynPayne

That is known that money makes us autonomous. But what to do when one does not have money? The one way is to try to get the business loans or just collateral loan.

33. thesis writing

Some successful students should look through your theme close to this good post and just purchase the thesis examples at the dissertation writing service.

34. buy coursework online

Do not get mad because of course works creating! We are here to offer you to buy coursework online and get high results!

35. term papers

We do recognize that that’s easier to purchase custom essays and term papers than to create by own efforts.

36. ringcentral ringringrang

I think being high after the birth is a side effect..hmmp thanks for this post I really enjoy reading it..thanks

37. Chris Harris

Has to be best of the bests, like what you do..web hosting

38. essay

Usually strive to become the best? Can you write miscellaneous essays? That’s harder than term paper composing. Thus, get ready to hard stuff.

39. dissertation writing service

A thesis search analysis is a project for which a scholar performs the most extensive retrieve possible and combines it into a single trial, usually filling 50 to 150 pages. So maybe thesis writing will aid you.

40. thesis help

Whatever course you resolve relating, there is every time somebody to tell you that you are amiss. There are every time difficulties arising which entice you to consider that your critics are right. But our service will facilitate you at any time to write your research paper. I notify youcustom thesis that will support you in your university life. We will support you to get up and become a successful student!

41. mortgage loans

Lots of specialists argue that personal loans help a lot of people to live their own way, because they can feel free to buy necessary goods. Moreover, different banks present sba loan for different persons.