Jenny McCarthy: “I’m Gonna Rock As A Grandma”

Jenny McCarthy: "I'm Gonna Rock As A Grandma"

Jenny McCarthy, 37, and Jim Carrey, 48, are about to become grandparents in the next few weeks! Jim’s 22-year-old daughter, Jane, from his first marriage to Melissa Womer is due to give birth in early March.

Jenny, who is mom to 7 1/2-year-old son Evan, told Us that she can’t wait to be called grandma. “I’m really excited. I think I’m gonna rock as a grandma.”

The former Playboy model said that Jane has been asking her for advice. “She called me up saying, ‘Can I take Tylenol?’ We have an awesome relationship. I consider her my daughter.”

The youngest grandmother in Hollywood vows to keep her “mouth shut,” unless asked.

Mother-in-laws can get annoying once you have a baby because they’re trying to tell you how to raise your baby, and I don’t like anyone telling me how to raise my baby. So I have to learn how to just stay out of it and keep my mouth shut and only give advice when needed. I think that’s what makes a cool grandma – to shut up!”

Does your mother-in-law keep her opinions to herself?

Filed under: Jenny McCarthy

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Isn’t she her stepmother, NOT her “mother-in-law”?

2. Jen

These people are messed up. They are not married! For crying out loud, you don’t get titles without legalities! Why don’t we just all go around making up titles for each other while we’re at it. I like my best friend a lot, so I think I’ll start calling her my sister.

3. Hannah

I know this is off topic but what is with Jim Carrey’s beard is he going to play a Santa in his next movie.

4. rachel s

Is Jenny even married to Jim?? Why is she making a big deal about being a grandmother to a her boyfriend’s grandchild? I find her ridiculous.

OMG, obviously there are two biological grandmothers and Jenny isn’t one of them but can a child ever have too many people eager to love him/her? Just because there are no legal contracts here does that mean Jenny can’t be excited to be part of this child’s life? Who cares what her “title” is! I think it’s awesome!

6. DIRTY STAY OUT

I totally agree with Jen. All Jim Carrey’s daughter is to Jenny is her boyfriends daughter. She wants to be called grandma? How about getting married first? No on has any morals anymore.

7. Janie

Jenny is NOT going to be a grandmother. She is NOT Jane’s stepmother. She is Jim Carey’s girlfriend and that is it. Maybe they should get married if she wants all of these titles.

Really???? Grandmother?? I bet Jane’s real mom (who did raise her) might disagree????

10. Solène

Come on, you guys, she’s obviously excited and even though they’re not married, she’s part of the family. Why should they go down the aisle if they are happy? And why couldn’t a child have 3 or 4 grandmas? It’s better than having none! You all seem so bitter!

11. Janie

That is great that she is excited but the FACT is that she is NOT going to be a grandmother!

12. milla

shes not grandma. sorry but shes not- but she does have a right to love jane and her new son, her and jim have been together for like 4 years. i know families like that :)

13. milla

14. J.D.

Wow, I really don’t see why this is such a big deal. I grew up with lots of aunts and uncles who weren’t really related to me. My dad’s best friends that he grew up with were uncles and my mom’s best friend’s were my aunts. Jenny’s just excited and there’s nothing wrong with the baby having so many people to love and care for him or her.

My fathers mother is also kind of granmother to my little brother whos father isn’t my mine. His father in other hand isn’t any relation to me. Nowdays you can be related as you want to even though law might say otherwise. You cannot change your blood or genes but you can choose your family IMHO. (I know this view isn’t common, popular or anything else like that but it’s what works for me and makes me think that what works to others is fine by me)