19 Kids and Still Counting: Why The Duggars Will Continue to Have Children

19 Kids and Still Counting: Why The Duggars Will Continue to Have Children

The Duggars have been under a lot of fire recently after the recent pre-mature birth of their 19th child, Josie. Josie was born 4 months prior to her due date after mom Michelle had complications with pre-eclampsia.

Criticism from the medical and parenting communities have been both harsh and sometimes completely false in terms of medical risk.

Continue reading…

Filed under: MamaPop,Partners

Photo credit: TLC

1. bink

maybe they could just adopt Octomom’s kids (or half of them) and be done with it. Seems like that would be win-win for everyone! lol

• chloe

I feel sorry for those kids. Michelle and JimBob, enough already

Do they look unhappy, just because they don’t go out drinking and doing drugs. People that say how sad thet feel ( why ) they are a very happy loving family. I pray to God we all were like them just knowing your mom and day love each other so much. None of those kids seem they are lacking love if we could all love are children the way they do,Wow. Less Crimes fewer drop outs, unwanted babies, teens having babies the list goes on and on.So please Pray for this tiny baby and stop judging!

The Octomom’s kids are most likely
      not white enough to be considered
      to welcomed into the Duggar fold.

I’m sad for them.

you know the OB doc should also get a beaten for letting this happen. Why didn’t he put a stop to this or was it about TV time also for him $$$$$$ mmm.

If this was another family you know a realy family how much you want to bet the state would have jump in and said Hell No U are not ! and the doc would have said ARE U CRYZ AT YOUR AGE

Why do they continue? Because they are crazy and selfish and view children as tickets into heaven. Pretty simple. But then, so are they.

• sarah n

aleast they are taking care of the children.. i see so many parents who just keep having children to either sell them off for a profit to couples who are deperate to have children or either just abandon them at the hospital or leave them at home to fend for themselves or abuse them or prositute them out! the duggers love every child they have and they are providing not only the material things they need but emotional and spirtual things needed to help them grow into healthy adults if you think they are selfish just ask their children what they think of their parents and then you will have some room to judge them.

Who are you to judge…. They are wonderful parents. You are probable some tramp that should not have kids…………..

I love this family and who are we to judge. They are not on welfare so why does it concern you. They give life instead of killing, had she killed this child would she be judge so harshly,No! Thank you Michelle for everything you and your family bring to my family every tuesday eve. I work but make sure I push recored to watch later. * God Bless you and your wonderful family.*

I are with this person they are very 2 face and selfish. Who do they think they are what never use the pill gez get a fucking clue and get yu life in order and stop thinking with you dick and pussy use the brains will you by starting with stop having kids.

Yes really they do need to stop having children. What a bunch of money hogs they are. Everyone can see that they got the tv show because of the kids to make money off them. I love to take that stupid smile off their face and beat the crape out of them. Put the kids up with DSS and find them a real family and the point of the meaning of it. meaing a real family who wouldn’t use them. Poor kids.

• Chels

If you watched the show you would know that the reason she doesnt take the pill is because when she was pregnant with her i believe second child she had a miscarriage due to the pill before. Also, she believe that god will predict how many children she has and that its her will from god about how many children she will conceive. These parents are amazing because not many people could do what they do everyday. they love all their children.

I wish them well, but y keep having children? Are they worried about what could happen with the other children that you might have later on?

No one ever really knows what could happen. I had a miscarriage the first time I was pregnant. Then had pre eclampsia the second. Does that mean I should never have more? I could happen again, but then it might not. The number of babies a woman has really doesn’t have anything to do with it.

5. rachel s

This whole debate about having too many kids, and having more complications due to maternal age is such touchy subjects. Anyone can develop pre-eclampsia regardless of age, size, race…

I think they overall do a good good raising there children. From what I have seen on their show they’re kids are well behaved and well rounded. I do believe they need to cool it with thinking about #20 until Josie is out of the hospital and to where she would be like any other normal baby/child.

I’m less concerned about the number of children they have and more concerned about their propensity to pimp them out on national television. Was it really necessary to haul an entire camera crew into a NICU to film the rest of your kids crying and traumatized? These people will do anything for a buck.

Jim Bob and Michele have said on more than one occasion that the film crews are NEVER where thier children do not want them to be. If they do not want to be on camera, then they arent. I think the kids all like being on t.v. as it is a great way to remember important times in thier lives. have you ever noticed how many episodes feature footage the family has shot themselves? They love documenting thier lives; and there are in no way being “pimped out”, nothing is scripted, nothing is forced, they are simply living thier lives and viewing it as a way to give testiment of it to everyone else.

• confused?

i doubt it was them more than the producer who wanted better ratings, since they have a contract i doubt they had a choice…think logically

7. Hannah

They have 19 beautiful children why don’t they take the advice doctors are giving, what happens when all the older kids move out and have families of there own Michelle and Jim Bob will have to raise all the little ones and they will not be able to.

• Lucia R

That is advice that doctors who do not know them are giving. The doctors who are dealing with the case and who have examined Michelle and work with her on a regular basis have said that there is actually no problem with her having more children. And before you ask, no they don’t go to some crazy religious doctor. They go to your average run of the mill doctors.

• MistyDawn

Who do you think raised thier older children when they were small? THEY DID! The older kids dont raise the younger kids, they help out because they are there, and that is what family does. My 6 year old helps my 3 yr old on the potty, fills up sippy cups for her, helps her locate her shoes etc. etc. Does this mean my 6 year old is raising her 3 year old sister? I think not.

My wonderful Mother-in-law was pregant with #16 when her husband died and raised 13 who were still at home. So please I belive with each other and God on ther side all things are possible!

8. Cabo

Do they do something else in their lives besides having children? this is ridiculous!

What’s really ridiculous is all the judgemental people in the world. If you don’t like them, fine. Don’t watch their show or go on websites that include them. Why do you feel the need to do that if you hate what they are doing so much? Your feelings really don’t matter to anyone but you.

9. Stacy

Who is say how many is too many? When did each of us walk in their shoes? My father is one of 10, my mom one of 8, why did nobody tell my g-parents to stop! These kids are more well mannered than some kids in a family of 2 or 3 kids. If people really looked into the family they will find out that the house they live in was built with their own hands- they have no debt (and that was BEFORE the show even started!) The kids are being raised with strong firm beliefs. Why is that people would feel sorry them? They are loved and cared for very well! Who is to say that because there are 19 of them now that the parents don’t love them or they are not given attention. Many kids don’t get any love or attention in their homes! Leave them be and if you don’t like it don’t watch! May God Bless them!

Let them do what they want to do…

11. Mother of 2 and growing

From what their show projects, the Duggars are wonderful people, exceptional parents, and the children are equally great! The world would be a better place if there were more people like them…ALL of them. People should be more concerned about all the teens, druggies, and homeless junkies continually reproducing. It’s THOSE children that will ultimately harm our world if left to their own devices. Children are a blessing from God and I see it as even more of a blessing that the Duggar children are so plentiful! Better to have more kids like them rather than their selfish, ungrateful, spoiled counterparts. If God so chooses, keep the Duggar babies coming!

12. God is Love

In the biblical days women were giving birth to more than what Michelle has delivered. When are we going to realize that God provides where man can not. Who are we to judge what anyone in this world does.

13. Annonomous

I think that God has given them an exceptional job!!! They were debt free BEFORE the show. They have great kids. I only have 3 and can only work hard for them to behave HALF as good as the Duggars!!! I love to watch and think that if you had been chosen by God to do this then you wouldn’t b so hurtful. I WISH that God would BLESS me with more children. (I have 3) GOD BLESS THEM!!! I learn from them and appreciate their values…..

14. LauraEbner

I love this family!!!! If there were more people like them in the world it wouldn’t be such a bad place, I would love to be able to have more children not all of us are blessed to be able to have babies!!!!!!!!! So shutup and leave them alone, your not paying their bills!!!!

15. ashley hardy

i just wanted to tell yLL HOW MUCH I LOVE YOUR SHOW AND I THINK LITTLE JOSSIE IS SO PREETY AND I AM PRAYING FOR HER AND YOUR FAMILY AND I WISH I COULD BE A GOOD MOM LIKE YOU AND JIM BOB ARE SO GOOD WITH THE KIDS AND THE GRILS ARE GOOD AT HELPING BUT THAT IS WHAT I WANTED TO TELL YALL THINKS FOR HELPING ME CAUSE I HAVE A BABBY IN CHILDENRS HOSPITAL TO AND I HAD HER AT 25 WEEKS TO AND I HAVE TWO AT HOME IN HARRISON SO THANKYOU

16. ashley hardy

SO WHEN ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO STOP I MEAN I THANK YOU SHOULD HAVE ONE MORE GRIL SO YOU WILL HAVE TEN GRILS AND TEN BOYS

I would love to be as patient with my children as Michelle is with hers. I am the pregnant mother of a preschooler and can’t imagine being so patient with 19 kids! I think they are doing a wonderful job. They know their teenagers aren’t out smoking, drinking or getting pregnant. Obviously they are doing something right. How many people can say the same thing?

Oh sugar sure you could ANYONE could on TV!! Anyone that has children knows that sometimes it is NOT all perfect with just 2 so with 19 you have to know there ARE FIGHTS AND TEMPERS AND IF THERE ISN’T THEN that is NOT a normal family in more ways than one only on TV is it all smiles and good times all the time.

I read somewhere that his birth name is James Robert. I have a younger brother that currently lives in southern Missouri. He too is proud of acting like a hillbilly. He had three years at a good university in Colorado. I know he was raised and taught better. “Good ole boys” make me crazy. He also knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Age and tenacity will win out. There are many strange organizations in the USA. It is a past of what made us great. Education and faith in God will be our survival. There are so many people with such varied ideas we rarely agree on much. It is a good idea to listen and know we do not have to go along nor do we have to condem to disagree. I think they do listen to the Quiverful people but I also think Jim Bob is concieted to a point that he thinks he is more rightious or maybe just wants things his own way.

How old was the moth

how old was the mother when she had her first child and how is she counting to haave kids if the body can only take so much?

The mother of the diggers was 21 when she had her frist child and i belive she is 41-42 write now in 2010. But im not to sure the aswer to your first qwestion.

• confused?

she could still have like 4 or 5 more kids if her body will let her menopause doesnt have to start till shes 55 yay michelle!!! go for it girl

21. Teresa

i know that the mother said its in Gods hands soo thinking she will stop when she goes threw the change. But how old will she be on the last one . I hav e heard of some women haveing the change in there 50′s i mean will there be a 20+ counting is she going to be taking car of babies with a cane ???? just asking But I lOVE this show it show me that there is hope and good families out there.

I also recently had a premature baby. My son was born at 26 weeks and weighed 2 lbs and 1 oz. I always watch the Duggers. I started watching the show when they were at 14 kids and counting. The night they aired the episode when Josie was born was the night that my water broke. I was on complete bed-rest and was getting up to go to the rest-room when my water broke. After just watching the show I was scared to death, but my son is almost 4 months old now and is perfect, he has no medical issues and weighs about 8 ponds now. Just be stong I know Josie will be just fine before you know it she will just start gaining weight and growing so fast.

I think Jim Bob should Run for President ,,,,,

24. Cassandra

I do believe there is a time to stop having chilrden,but I have watched the show,and these parents are wonderful withe every child. I say go for 20 if u wish,but if I were u, I would stop after that. God bless,and good luck.

25. christine pea

To have another chils was so selfish. They are now just doing it for publicity. they all raking in all this money from television but not spending it on the children. Some of these children now use word which are modern and certainly not to be found in the bible. It is easy to seee that some of these children will rebel against this crazy upbringing once they are able to escape from this cult like living. The bible does noy say have sex none stop and have all the children you can. You can obstain fro sex which sho self control, something God teaches us all to do.

why would peopel saye this about them there baby is in the nicu what is rong with peopel you should love and cair about them they have the rite to fallow what they belev and the should

No one has the right to tell them what to believe or how to live as long as they are following the law.
    I’m amazed at how well they handle 19 kids and still remain sane and spiritual. It boggles the mind! But then again, miracles are miracles. They make me strive to be a better parent just watching their great example.

28. Molly

I love this couple i want them to have as many until the mother breath left her body i want her to break the world record, oh and she is not and any government programs, the family don’t need out side friends they have all they can handle at home.

29. Rhonda

The Duggars are a wonderful family……I have 5 children of my own and did foster care for years having 2 or 3 more in the home……Once you have 4 or 5 kids you may as well have 50 it seems no more hectic and no more expensive than just having my 5……They provide for their kids, they love their kids, they are good christian people. In foster care I seen so much hurt and abuse. Parents not handling one kid. The Duggars are truly a blessing from God………

Hasn’t her uterus fallen out yet?? Her private part must be the size of a 10 car garage by now. What is she doing-competing with her children now? You Christian people must realize (unless you live in a cave) that this is 2011, and having that many children puts a burden on the taxpayers-this is not the 1800′s!! She has to be laying on her back 90% of the day-my God-when will it stop?? She won’t live long enough to see all her kids grow up. What is next-fertility drug so she can produce multiple births?? They say they are not on any government programs-do you believe that? These are not educated people-they can be good at lying!! Get with the program!

I think the Duggers are a very lucky family
    #1 they have jeasus
    #2 they have love
    #3 they have a good family structure
    #4 they know the true meaning of family I always thought god put us on earth to breed and have big loving families SO SHAME ON ALL YOU THAT PASS JUDGEMENT ON THE DUGGERS and if they are making money on thier show than MORE POWER TO THEM
    I FOR ONE LOVE YOU DUGGER FAMILY
    and no i don’t have a lot of children, I have birthed 2 sons adopted a son and raised 2 step children
    You people who judge the duggers discuss me, if you don’t agree with how they live thier lives DON’T WATCH 19 AND COUNTING leave the duggers alone! If you pay attention to thier program you might learn a few things.

GOOD LUCK DUGGER FAMILY
    I’M LOOKING FOWARD TO NUMBER 20
    Joy

33. sonja

i want know if you would like to meet me in person because i would like to help out with your familiy my oldest sister live in arkansas where you live at not to far where you are at i do work with the handing cap with the disabely kids i would like you to come to the talent show on the step 30th it all dog thing for kids i would like you there i am in wichita ks if needs me call me at 1-316-648-1731 thanks emails me back i would like meet the familiy

That’s one loose goose