Jessica Alba Balances Work & Family

Jessica Alba Balances Work & Family

She may make it look easy, but Valentine’s Day star Jessica Alba faces the same struggle that many working moms today face, the search for the perfect balance between work and family. Alba sat down with Terra TV to dish on how she manages to find balance between her thriving career and motherhood, as well what she really thinks about Valentine’s Day and romance.

On finding balance between work and family, Alba says, “It’s a tough balance trying to be the best mom, and obviously my family is my priority, and then also I love what I do and I love that I get to have a job that I enjoy so much and that gives me the freedom to spend a lot of time with my daughter, frankly, and travel. And everything else.” Alba also says of daughter Honor who will be two in June, “It’s hard not to spend every second with her. And balancing that with trying to be a great wife.”

Jessica also dishes on romance, saying, “I think making an effort, whether it’s through chocolates and flowers, or writing an nice card, or taking you on a date. You know, I think any gesture is nice.”

You can catch Jessica in Valentine’s Day, along with an all-star ensemble cast including fellow celeb mamas Jennifer Garner, Julia Roberts and dad-to-be Eric Dane, in theaters now.

Photo: Bauer Griffin

Filed under: Jessica Alba

How hard could it be? She only works like three days a year.

#1 I agree…she’s so full of crap….especially for her where it really doesn’t require some acting skills coz she doesn’t…all she has to do is look pretty and have that blank look that she always does and memorize lines….and she gets paid millions…

Hmm, these comments reek of jealousy!

Anyway, good for Jessica for spending so much time with her daughter. The first couple of years seem to go by so quickly.

No jealousy here. I’ve got a nice family and I know it. My husband has never made out with Lindsay Lohan and I’ve got a great job that makes use of my brain and my talents. Can’t say the same for Ms. Alba, unfortunately. Oh, and I don’t spend all day, everyday, looking like I’m sucking on lemons.

you are not with your hubby 24/7. So you trust that he’s faithful! And kissing someone in the open for all to see speaks volumes for Cash and Jessica is not worried no more than she should be. She may know a little more about for better and worse, etc….. She may know about the big picture and hoping for the best in her marriage…. after all is said and done. They live in a fish bowl by choice of career. And just like you, she has to decide to believe her husband, just like you believe your husband.

I’m #2 and no jealousy on my part either…I make a descent living as a teacher and contribute to society unlike her…she can’t be considered as an actress coz all she does is look pretty…she’s shallow as evidenced by her recent interview saying that making lots of money made her happy….and why is she photographed everyday…other famous and talented and real actresses like Halle Berry protect their kids and not get photographed daily…and please, she can’t even take credit for valentine’s day being a success coz it’s an all-ensemble class…her husband was bragging about it…let’s see if he brags about her movies that are gonna bomb later this year.

Teacher Teacher……..some teacher who cannot admit her shallow thinking!
      Jessica is an actress in a very competitive career. She works hard to look the way she looks, plus her parents gave her the dna! She is not doing anything other than living life in her chosen desired career and doing well!

Glad you are happy with your chosen life and career! Don’t be a hater!

Hmmm, rich, beautiful, with a happy family and a job she loves.

Now if only she could find the time to post snarky messages on random blogs, her life might be complete. As posters 1 & 2 have discovered.

LOL

It’s amazing isn’t it? My house is also clean, the dog is walked, kids are bathed and still time left over. And unlike Ms. Alba, I didn’t pay somebody to do it all for me. Lots of women do it without any of the help that she has; just starting to get a little sick of actresses who pretend to be working moms. They have no idea what it really means to do it all without outside help but they’re more than happy to talk about it.

You don’t have to be her fan. The things you complain about her life that she is able to have because the earns money is so sad! She is not responsible for women who chose their life and lifestyles! Women in many walks of life who prepare themselves and earn money to live the lifestyle of their choosing are great role models. The people that they are able to hire are happy! Jessica employs and pays so people in small business and provide services for the wealthy are so glad to get their business!

For 1 & 2 – She’s not the one bitching on dif boards about other moms, maybe because her life’s incomplete .

The Lilo rumour was debunked long ago, just to show how jealous nr 2 really is.

9. Shirilicious

Yes, we’re all just “jealous haters”. LOL.
    What exactly has she that anybody with some common sense should be envious of?
    A career? Like that short-lived TV series that got cancelled due to poor ratings? Or her being a multiple (!) Razzie nominee for Worst Actress? Or should we be jealous of her movies which usually bomb at the box office on top of getting scathing reviews? (And please don’t say Valentine’s Day. She has a minor part and it would have been successful, at least at the box office, with or without her.)
    Her husband? Who’s “friends” with Lindsay Lohan? And who lives off her fame and money? And what will happen once both dry out? Which is already happening since she has a reputation for being a bad actress?
    And when you compare her to some other Hollywood ladies (like Charlize Theron) she’s not even that good looking. So there.

The lindsay lohan rumour is stupid and Cash has and makes his own money. She is truly a very bad actress, she only has her looks and that’s exactly why people get jealous. She has no talent but yet she’s rich, famous & popular and many resent that as unfair. And maybe it really is unfair but that’s just her luck in life. Fighting on dif boards wont make no ones life any better.