Andrea Roth: “My Pregnancy Has Been Great So Far”

Andrea Roth: "My Pregnancy Has Been Great So Far"

Andrea Roth has appeared on numerous TV shows such as Lost, Numb3rs, Law & Order and CSI. She is now lighting up the small screen as Denis Leary’s wife, Janet, in the gritty TV series Rescue Me. The mom-to-be opened up to Celebrity Baby Scoop about entering motherhood in her 40s, how she’s been preparing for the baby and her humble beginnings in Canada – where, yes, you can find dill pickle chips and the best chocolate bars ever!

CBS: You and your fiancé, producer Todd Biermann, are expecting your first child in mid-April. How has the pregnancy been? How are you feeling?

AR: “My pregnancy has been great so far. Todd and I went on a babymoon to Palm
Island Resort in the Grenadines and it was one of the highlights of our pregnancy. It was so beautiful and relaxing there.”

CBS: Have you been reading all the books in preparation of the baby?

AR: “I’ve been keeping busy with loads of reading. What a learning curve! There is so much to take in. When Todd and I first went to a baby store to start our registry we just stood there looking at each other as we didn’t know where to start. Then we started laughing. It can be overwhelming. We didn’t accomplish a lot that day.”

CBS: Do you know the gender of your baby?

AR: “We do know the baby’s gender, but are keeping it to ourselves for now.”

CBS: Do you have plans to breastfeed? Cry it out? Co-sleep?

AR: “I’m planning on breastfeeding and we just took class last night which was great! Classes and books are great as they give you a more secure feeling as you know what to expect, and don’t feel so overwhelmed.

We originally were definitely going to keep the baby in the nursery, but we’ll see what happens. It’s easy to make decisions when you’re not in the thick of it and when you don’t have that innocent and vulnerable face looking up at you. Not to mention, when you have no idea what it will truly be like. It’s all so unknown to us, and we plan to just take it a day at a time and see what feels right for us.”

CBS: Do you have a birth plan? Are you hoping for a natural birth?

AR: “We have our midwife and our doula and plan on having a natural birth at a birthing center.”

CBS: You are 42 and expecting your first child. Why did you wait until your 40s to have your children?

AR: “I waited until now to get pregnant because I just hadn’t met the right man. I always knew I wanted to have children, but you have to have the right relationship. Luckily I found that with Todd. Because of my age, we decided to have a child before getting married. That was our priority.

CBS: Any plans to wed after the baby arrives?

AR: “We were already engaged and thought of getting married soon after the baby was born, but we’re now going to postpone it a little.

Planning a wedding takes a lot of time, and I found that with how hectic our lives have been and with preparing for a baby, the additional work of planning a wedding was just too much right now.”

CBS: You star in the acclaimed FX drama Rescue Me. For our readers who haven’t seen the show yet, please describe what it is all about.

AR: “Rescue Me is gritty TV series about a New York firefighter (Denis Leary) dealing with the emotional aftermath of witnessing 9/11. The show shows the struggles and dysfunction of the relationships at the the firehouse and at home. It’s can be incredibly dark but incredibly funny.”

CBS: What is your take on the marriage between Tommy and Janet? Have you ever been in a relationship like theirs?

AR: “Thank goodness I have never had a relationship like Tommy and Janet’s. They have such a volatile on-again off-again situation that could only be completely draining. I can only imagine it’s an entirely different situation when children are involved and then a couple has been together from a young age – struggling to learn and grow.”

CBS: The final season of Rescue Me is slated for next year. Can you give us any clues or predictions?

AR: “We just finished this season’s shooting which will air sometime this summer, and are now starting 2011′s season, the final season. It will be bittersweet. Denis Leary and Peter Tolan have given me such great material to work with, but it will be time for all of us to move on.

I think the writing and acting has reached a new high point this season and the fans
won’t be disappointed with the new twists and turns the show is taking. The only prediction I can give you is that you won’t be hearing any of the storylines from me, as I already know how the show is ending and I’d like to keep my job.”

CBS: After Rescue Me comes to an end, what is next for you?

AR: “After Rescue Me wraps I will be enjoying some time with my new baby and settling back into a new home in Los Angeles. Then, on to more auditions to find out what my next role will be.”

CBS: You are originally from Ontario. Did you begin your acting career in Canada?

AR: “I fell into acting while living and attending college in Toronto. My first job was booked through my modeling agent, and I played a mysterious woman that Michelle Phillips’ (Mamas & Papas) new beau was still obsessed with. The woman (Michelle) decides to have plastic surgery to look like her (me) in the hopes that her beau will love her more. Needless to say, when I showed up at the end of show, Michelle’s voice was coming out of my mouth and not mine. It was a huge learning curve for me as I had never been on set before, not to mention just plain strange to see the show.”

CBS: Do you go home often? What do you miss about Canada?

AR: “I get back to Canada as often as I can, which hasn’t been as much as I’d
like in the past few years. I have a home up in ski country outside of Toronto, with two rivers in my back yard and I love it there! I miss my family, and my best friend, my sister Stephanie. I also miss dill pickle potato chips and Canadian chocolate bars!”

CBS: If you are working on any projects or with any charities, please feel free to discuss.

AR: “When I first met Todd in New York, he was involved with St. Baldrick’s foundation, an amazing charity that funds childhood cancer research. Todd took me to the St. Baldrick’s day event where he shaved his head (for donations) in solidarity with children who are undergoing chemotherapy. It was such a moving experience for me and such a wonderful and worthy cause, that the following year we (Todd, his brother Eric, and I) decided to start up our own fundraiser in Los Angeles.

This year we’ll be participating at a Philadelphia St. Baldrick’s event and I am shooting a PSA for the foundation that will be airing soon. To contibute or find an event in your community, please click here.

Filed under: Andrea Roth,Exclusives

Photo credit: INFdaily.com

1. Doula los angeles

She looks amazing for her age!

2. Zxssxvtc

Thanks for sharing the interview! Now we have more understandings about Andrea Roth. She is a superstar to me. memory foam mattress

4. Harry

Andrea is a complete woman. I got many tips as to how to maintain the pregnancy period peacefully and maintain the health of baby. i learnt so much. thanks a lot for this interview. shingles symptoms

5. Thanks

This is really great stuff for an article, very interesting topic.
    Keep it up with this line of content.
    Thanks for sharing this post !
    gastrite enantematosa

6. nike shoes

May be the air max 2010 brand in the United States, and was born in the United States, of course, compared to nike shox shoes, the San Francisco Guide this country attached great importance to them, in fact, is the way San Francisco to celebrate the opening of the first to the tenth anniversary of nike air max 2009 , Nike launched its pair of special Air Max 90 San Francisco Edition, this section of San Francisco SF Special Edition will be available the day of 10 anniversary there, a total of 120 pairs of limited edition.

7. Jhon

I fell into acting while active and accessory academy in Toronto. My aboriginal job was appointed through my clay agent, and I played a abstruse woman that Michelle Phillips’ (Mamas & Papas) new admirer was still bedeviled with. The woman (Michelle) decides to accept artificial anaplasty to attending like her (me) in the hopes that her admirer will adulation her more. Needless to say, if I showed up at the end of show, Michelle’s articulation was advancing out of my aperture and not mine. It was a huge acquirements ambit for me as I had never been on set before, not to acknowledgment just apparent aberrant to see the show.”pass4sure ccvp | vmware certification | icdl exams | oracle 11i | pass4sure ccda
    Jhon

8. Jhon

Jhon

9. Jhon

I get back to Canada as often as I can, which hasn’t been as much as I’d

10. Jhon

I get back to Canada as often as I can, which hasn’t been as much as I’d
    _________________________________________________________
    CISA dumps | E20-001 dumps |70-685 dumps | 1z0-052 dumps | 1Y0-A08 dumps

__________________________________________
    642-436 dumps | 646-364 dumps | PMI-001 dumps | EX0-101 dumps | 70-432 dumps

Is it Okay if I ask a thing kinda off subject? I’m attempting to view this web page on my new iPad however it will not display up properly, do you’ve got any answers? Need to I try and discover an update for my software or something?

Thanks in advance