Kelly Rutherford On Life As A Single, Working Mom

Kelly Rutherford On Life As A Single, Working Mom

Having emerged from a difficult divorce from her husband of 2 years Daniel Giersch, actress Kelly Rutherford is finding hope and happiness in her kids Hermes, 3, and Helena, 9 months. The Gossip Girl star recently chatted to Working Mother magazine about the challenges of marriage and motherhood, and the lessons she’s learned along the way.

On the pressures faced by today’s working moms-to-be: “We work up until the last minute, whether we’re throwing up or not! Then we’re expected to give birth in two seconds or we get a C-section, because doctors are in a rush. We barely sleep the first months of our child’s life, but we’re expected to get back into our skinny jeans right away.”

Read more at Working Mother

Filed under: Kelly Rutherford

Photo credit: Working Mother

I’m fairly certain that her court dates are not over and this custody fight will continue, and she’s not doing herself any favours putting the justice system on blast!

I’m don’t know what came between Kelly and her ex, nor do I care all that much (because for all the abusive things she said he did, she still allows her children to be with him and tells her children that their father loves them), but Kelly Rutherford sure has relished all the attention this drama has given her.

No Kelly, the judge did what was best for Hermes, which was obviously being with his father. She tries to get so many pity points but her ex-husband was Hermes’ primary caregiver for so much of his life — no wonder the judge was on the Dad’s side.

oh really ? how do you know Daniel was Hermes’ primary caregiver ? because he said so ? did you live with them ? doubt it…

anyway Kelly seems to be a good and loving mother, love her honesty.
    They are sharing custody and that’s all that matters for the kids who get to see both of their parents…

• Robyn

She said so in many interviews. When they were happy, she used to gush about how great it was to know her son was with his father all day and how it made it so much easier to go to work.

Don’t get too defensive on her behalf; her story changes every time she tells it.

Yeah, the father was the primary caregiver while she was away working 16 hour days on the set.

and SHE was the primary caregiver while he was in Germany, Monaco or wherever he was because he had to leave the US because he’s not an US citizen.
      Just saying…
      people should just stop bashing her for the sake of it.

Plus she doesn’t work outside of Gossip Girl, she doesn’t do movies during her hiatus and she’s not that much on GG, she has a supporting role and is not even in every episode.

Thanks to those agreeing with me. There’s no doubt in my mind that HE was the primary caregiver. It’s obvious. Who else took care of Hermes when she was filming? A nanny would’ve if it weren’t for her ex.

7. Twy

I’m so sick of reading her sob story in article after article! Do you really want to be defined by your divorce and custody battle? Is there nothing more in your life you can praise and put forth?
    I don’t watch the show she’s on, nor do I see her elsewhere. The only thing I know about her is that she’s been divorced, she is constantly talking about the courts and her ex. She is a beautiful, successful and healthy woman, with 2 stunning and healthy kids, THAT should be enough to talk about

8. Anna

I can understand lmmost everything, but I cannot understand why she had a second child if her marriage was already falling apart?

9. mattie

she is such a cry baby.just because a male judge doesnt agree with u doesnt mean a female judge will.if anything doesnt go her way,they are at fault and are bad people.divorced eople need to realise children love both their parentsdnt make them choose.she annoys me anyway.

10. Ane

Is she actually saying that the court system is biased against women when it comes to custody (because there are so many male judges)? On what planet?

I strongly recommend sugarloves.com to you where I just found my wealthy boyfriend! You know it is a great place to meet wealthy men and beautiful women. Rihanna is looking for her true love on that site now!

It seems that her ex never need work and have enough time to take care of Babys.Househusband? it’s funny

I second…why on earth to people bring more children into failing relationships! Thats one of my biggest pet peeves…do they think it will make things better????

14. hooher tod

Yes there should realize the reader to RSS my feed to RSS commentary, quite simply