John Edward: Being A Medium & A Father Has Its Drawbacks

John Edward: Being A Medium & A Father Has Its Drawbacks

John Edward captivated us in Crossing Over with John Edward with his unique abilities to connect people with loved ones who have passed on. John is one of the world’s most sought-after psychic mediums and author of several books including the critically acclaimed New York Times best seller One Last Time; What if God Were the Sun, which was turned into a Lifetime movie starring Gena Rowlands.

As he embarks on a worldwide tour, this busy father of two opened up to Celebrity Baby Scoop about his fears of fatherhood, his uncanny ability to predict future events, and how his gift can be disappointing and “never enough” for so many.

CBS: You and your wife Sandra are parents to 7-year-old son Justin and 3-year-old daughter Olivia. How has fatherhood changed you?

JE: “The first thing that is does is make you aware of all the potential things that can go wrong and how on top of them you need to be. My wife laughs at me and tells me that I am channeling my grandmother Josephine all the time, and she was a very protective soul.

Add in being a medium for me, and it gets worse! Too many times people sit in front of me with that look of loss because they walked away or let someone else watch their kids. I can’t be everywhere all the time, but I try to be.”

CBS: Do you sense that you and your children have been connected in past lives? Have you done readings on them?

JE: “I believe that most of the people in our lives have been connected in previous incarnations. I don’t ‘read’ them per se, but I ‘know’ them.”

CBS: Do you think your children have your psychic abilities?

JE: “All kids have psychic abilities as do all adults. Children just listen better.”

CBS: What are some of the ways we can improve our psychic abilities?

JE: “The next book that I am working on is about developing your intuition and abilities. Not to do readings, but to apply that to your everyday life.”

CBS: Are you able to connect with my energy and do a reading on me?

JE: “If you mean right now, no. If you are asking if it is possible, then I would have to say yes. I make it a rule not to read for journalists. I feel they lose objectivity and write about whether they LIKE what I said or not, not the validity of it.”

CBS: In May, you’re starting an International tour. Will your wife and children join you ‘on the road’?

JE: “They will not. I like to focus my energy on the work and maintain my energy for that. It gets quite lonely on the road when you do that, but the work has to come first. People need me to focus my energy on them, all of it. It is my job.

It is very rare that I bring them. I then worry about what they are doing, are they having fun, etc.”

CBS: What can the people in your audience expect?

JE: “They should expect what they see me do on TV but better, because it’s live and they are IN the ENERGY of the experience….and no commercials!”

CBS: Do you ever have people that won’t leave the event in desperation of a reading?

JE: “I know that at the end of every event, and sometimes even a private session, there is disappointment. The reality for me is that every time I begin my job, it’s at a deficit. I start my job everyday knowing that it’s never enough. It is NEVER enough. No matter how hard I work, it still not enough. By being at the event, my role is to educate and empower all that attend, while reading as many as I can as the examples.”

CBS: Do you ever get exhausted of it all and just want to escape to a ‘normal’ life?

JE: “This is my normal life! And I really am honored to have the opportunities as a result. I feel like I live in the movie the Matrix a bit; I took the red pill and there has been no turning back for me. I live my life with an awareness of the energy of the Universe and am honored to teach and share it. The goal is to get people to recognize it, void of their ego and sense of entitlement.”

CBS: We loved your show Crossing Over with John Edward! Will you ever return to TV?

JE: “Working on some really amazing projects right now. I would encourage everyone to watch for updates on www.johnedward.net for all future announcements.”

CBS: Have you ever predicted any natural disasters, high-profile deaths or top stories? Do you have any predictions for the future?

JE: “The reality is YES all the time. If I listed them here right now I promise you would be impressed. You could also say, ‘well they happened already, how do I know that you said it was going to happen??’ And that is why I am not listing them. But if you speak to those around me, and closest, they would tell you. That is why I tell like 3-6 people whenever I get something big coming up. I sometimes will forget myself. When multiple people come back and say, ‘OMG, you said that was going to happen like seven years ago’ it validates the message from my Guides, and THEY are the deservers of the credit, not me.”

CBS: What do you have to say to your critics?

JE: “Nothing.”

CBS: If you are working on any future projects or with any charities, please feel free to discuss.

JE: “I work with various charities all year to help them fundraise. I’m a believer in karma, and like to raise awareness in multiple ways.

I launched an internetwork called INFINITEQUEST.com last year. With the convergence of technology, I am going to be producing TV shows on the web and this is where it will happen over the next few years.

I will still be doing regular TV as well and my first book in five years is being released in the fall and it is called INFINITE QUEST as well.

Thank you for taking the time to interview me and express interest in the work I do. All the best.”

Filed under: Exclusives,John Edward

Photo credit: John Edward for exclusive use on CBS

1. Davis

This guy is totally full of shit!

u obviously, have a closed stupid mind. he read my girlfriend who came with me and didnt want to be read at all……..he said things NO ONE knows, not even me, cause she is an introvert……..U obviously were never read by JE>>>

2. tuttle88

I can’t believe you interviewed this man who takes advantage of people who are grieving for their loved ones for money and fame. It is offensive.

I love him!! Love. Peace. Happiness. Rastafari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scoff all you want Nay-sayers…but if you were in front of him having a reading, like I did…if you experienced it for yourself, then you would know he is THE REAL DEAL!
    See you in August John Edward, Safe travels til then!!!

5. Silda Malfitano

John Edwards is one of a kind and I for one understand him for I too have been intouch with the other side more then once . They can miss up your TV, I asked them to stop and they did. Family and Friends alike.

Many people are non believers I for one believe in John Edwards. He read someone who knew a cousin of mine and hit everything. There was one validation that only I could validate because everyone knowing about this had passed and I was watching it on television. How I wish I could have been there to validate what he said. It was amazing. My son got me tickets to a show in Portland Maine. I was thrilled. Little did I know that a couple of weeks later my son crossed over. I am so heartbroken and would love to have John read me but I know that will never happen. I am grateful to have seen him ….Keep doing your work John. God Bless You! If Im ever able to see you again Im sure my son will come through since he was a fan of yours too. Youre books are my salvation. I read them over and over and its what keeps me going.

I too have read Johns books and I believe in our modern day seer’s better known now-a-day as physics. John is the real deal and I will get to join in on a group gathering some day. Blessings to you John.

I lost my husband suddenly and was left alone in a part of the UK that we had moved to 6 months before. I discovered JE on television, and have since been to a live show in London and another booked for this year. John kept me going throug the initial dark months of my grief. I managed to get hold of one of his books during a visit to the USA, it’s practically impossible to get them in the UK. I totally believe in what he does, he is the best I’ve seen (and I’ve been to lots of other ‘medium’ shows). To those non-believers, aren’t you being a little arrogant to assume that he can’t do what he proclaims he can do, you don’t know that for certain any more than we believers know for certain that it’s real. Why should we be arrogant enough to proclaim that what we have on this earth is the end? We’re not the be all and end all of everything, to think that is surely arrogant? Long may John bring comfort and happiness to the grieving…….

Yeah really, I can’t fly a plane or sail a ship, but I know others can??? Isn’t it funny how some are so arrogant to say such things? Just because they can’t do something they think no one else can either…

I have seen John Edward before and I didn’t need that to believe that he was able to do what he claims, it is just pretty obvious. He works very different than most in his field.

I just hope he continues to help those who have lost loved ones for many many many more years! May God Bless You John!

mmmmmmmmm…………………………….

To be skeptical is ones right. However, it doesn’t make it right to judge or label JE, or other with the same talent as (written in a previous post) one who “takes advantage of people who are grieving for their loved ones for money and fame.” The individual who wrote this followed it with “it’s offensive”. Isn’t it offensive to suggest JE is self centered, inconsiderate, & a thief praying on the morning for wealth & fame? It makes me wonder if the individual or others believing the same ever met, spoke to or had a reading by JE that gave them reason for such attack/accusation. A show should be held giving not the skeptical but skeptical individuals who feel the need to insult & post public unfounded accusations. I’d like them to each be given the chance to state how they came across proof, above accusation & similar are true. I don’t know JE & haven’t experienced his talent for myself. However I know our creator is perfect & is able to bless anyone of us with such & any other talent he wishes as he decides what our individual blessing & trials in life will be. I believe him & his talent to be real. Ive seen & gone through a lot (near dead 2x & died was revived once, etc to know there is much more than that we can see, hear or feel . Blessings to all! :)

To all you skeptors: John Edward has seen and felt more grief and loss than any one of us believers or nonbelievers could ever imagine! He is truly blessed to have his own family considering all the time and energy he spends on the rest of us to heal and keep in touch with our own families. John has spent his God given gift seeking out and healing people on this side by allowing those who have crossed over to use his energy, his time here on earth and his tremendous compassion and caring for others! I tell all the non-believers that I will be saying, “I told you so!” on the other side!

I was enroute to the funeral of my husbands 99 yo Grandmother when my husbands sister said to her 3 yo son (our nephew) that his great granny was now in heaven. He looked at us all in amazement and said, “I know that Mommy! That is where I came from!” Out of the mouthes of babes! After seeing what John Edward does, I now fully understand this remark that was made over 40 years ago, and it still gives me goosebumps!

Everyone told me that it was fake. We recently attended the Dallas Seminar and got the experience of the lifetime. A reading to my best friend who had specific details about her departed mother that only she knew. And the reading was very specific and to the point about her death. Very precise and totally 100% correct. So we always thought they planted people in the room I can assure you we were not plants but ordinary people hoping to connect with a loved one. I got my reading several minutes later and a message from my uncle about a specific event that happened to me at age 8.

14. meero

“turn over a rock and you will find me there” we r here for only a brief time.
    there is so much more beyound this life, JE thanks for the connection.
    lovr u and miss u dadyo. love to everyone.

15. Todd

I would like to know where GOD and JESUS is in all this?

• debora

i like to no where god is in this to i belive in god and the bible tell us not to look in to this so im confused if this is from god why should we not be happy to here from ower looved one wouldnt it show gods real or do i belive the devil behind it i grow up with gosted and i no some thing is out there may it be good or bad dont no may be you have some thing to say that will help me some family passed and alot i like to no i want every one to go to heaven i no god leaves it to us but i still think about if we all will make it there thank you for any thing you can anser

I was at Westbury Music Fair last year in New York which holds about 3000 people, John Edward picked me out of the audience and I was lucky enough to get a reading. Everything he said was 100 percent accurate, No one will EVER tell me he is a fake. He said things only I would know. John Edward is the Real Deal !!!! Thank you John Edward!!

17. Susanch

I have never been honored enough to have a reading from JE, however I will be seeing him in Lincoln in 2011. I have watched several shows of John Edward Cross Country and there are so many things that are said…that I can directly relate to. Like I was supposed to watch that certain episode to learn something that I was unaware of at that time. I can always pick up on bits and pieces that I believe I was supposed to listen to.

I believe in JE and that God has blessed him with this “special gift,” for us. We all have a free will and can believe or not, I am and have always believed in the after life. I have had many losses in my life and question, “why?” At the same time I believe that every thing happens for a reason, God works in mysterious ways, people are put into our lives even if it’s for a time, that our lives are already written in the Hand of God and we are just here trying to live out that role to the best of our abilities…even when we make mistakes…if we learn from them, than they were meant to be and that God’s Will, will be done.

I will be praying to get a reading from JE, for when he see’s me, I believe he will already know about me and my life…if I don’t get a reading than I will believe someone there needs him more than me. So before I see you JE, I will thank you for a wonderful experience and more. May God keep blessing you for all of us lost souls and may He guide you in the palm of His hands as He has guided me all the days of my life. Thank you John and can’t wait to be in your presence. Frank n Susan of Omaha, NE

18. Susan

We will be praying to get a reading from JE, for when he see’s me, I believe he will already know about me and my life…if we don’t get a reading than I will believe someone there needs him more than me. So before we see you JE, we will thank you for a wonderful experience and more. May God keep blessing you for all of us lost souls and may He guide you in the palm of His hands as He has guided me all the days of my life. Thank you John and can’t wait to be in your presence. Frank n Susan of Omaha, NE

• 4gapgirls

4gapgirls said:

I am trying to find anyone who has gone to see john edward in Lincoln,Ne 2-10-11.I had tickets to go but couldn’t. A lady i know said she went and my love one came through to her. So if anyone that was their that night could please tell me about the 1st person to come through to john. It would mean the world to us. I just need to make sure that what i have been told,really did happen and this lady isnt just trying to make me feel alittle better. It was a recent loss. Thank you so much! Lisa Omaha Ne

My husband and I have seen John many times. One time he was reading a person in our vicinity and was hitting on things for the man 100%, until he came to a ‘dirty spoon reference.’ It was a spoon that had been buried in the dirt and the man he was reading was in the dark and kept shaking his head as John insisted because the spirit was so adamant.
    Well…a few days before, my husband had buried a spoon in the dirt at his brother’s grave, his brother had passed a few months before. We were frozen like deers in the headlights and never said a word to get that poor man off the hook. Sorry, John. And for the people upset because of the bible, the good book also says and good tree cannot bear bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. There is always much love, faith and happiness in these auditoriums because of the readings and tremendous good.

20. 4gapgirls