Tiger Woods Regrets Hurting His Family

Tiger Woods Regrets Hurting His Family

In the wake of the shocking revelations of his repeated infidelities, Tiger Woods has been doing a lot of explaining: To his wife Elin Nordegren, his mom, his fans, the media. The embattled golf pro says he knows he will one day have to explain his actions to his children Sam, 3, and Charlie, 1, as well.

“The pain and the damage I caused my wife, my mom, my kids…” Tiger said at a press conference today. “Going forward, I am going to have to explain all [this to them] … but that’s my responsibility. I did it.”

Adding that his kids have already been hurt by the scandal, he noted that he will always regret that he had to miss Charlie’s first birthday in February because he was in rehab.

“That hurts. That hurts a lot,” he said. “I can’t go back to where I was. I want to be a part of my son and daughter’s life. I missed his first birthday and [that's] something I regret and will probably regret the rest of my life.”

After a 5-month hiatus from the sport that made him famous, Tiger is making his highly anticipated return to golf at this week’s Master’s at Augusta National.

Filed under: Tiger Woods

Photo credit: Fame Pictures

He just regrets he was caught. Unfortunately there are so many others who simply haven’t been caught yet. Until then, they won’t be sorry. I don’t care about him or his career.

2. cyberkitten40

I admire him for taking responsibility for his actions…that takes maturity and class. I’m also a firm believer in second chances. I hope everything works out for him.

3. . Sophie .

Haha, oh please…. He knew what he was doing.

4. Sophia

Well, you’d hope he regrets it. Hopefully he really is owning up to what he did and trying to turn his reputation around (some task!) and not just trying to seem that way to the media. His kids deserve a father who is there and who is loving and loyal to them and their mother.

5. Anna

I also think he just regrets being caught, it was not just a one time mistake, he knew what he was doing. And this sex rehab thing is so annoying. They cheat, they go to sex rehab, they apologize and everything’s ok again. Ugh!

6. Carmen

Tiger Woods is now greatly regretting the hurt and damage he has caused his wife and children because of his selfish, reckless and sinful behavior. I hope that it is not too late for Tiger to save his marriage and family. A family is a priceless treasure. At the end of the day, when all the excitement of winning tournaments is over, and the glory of fame has faded, a family and their love is the only thing that will be there for him, unconditionally. I wish them the best and hope that someday they can live happy together again.