Naomi Watts: If I Could Guarantee Myself A Girl, I’d Have Another

Naomi Watts: If I Could Guarantee Myself A Girl, I'd Have Another

Actress Naomi Watts, best known for her roles in Mulholland Drive and King Kong, has always been open about the testosterone filled home that she shares with partner Liev Schreiber. The couple of five-years have two sons, Sasha, 2 1/2, and Kai, 1, as well as two male dogs, making Watts the minority in the home. In an interview with She Magazine via FemaleFirst.co.uk, Watts joked about the possibility of a third son, saying, “If I could guarantee myself a girl, I’d say yes to having more children. but I’d be sure to have another boy.”

The working mom also shares her take on balance, saying, “I see myself as any other working woman. Every day I’m struggling to get it right, do the best I can, make the right choices for work, be a good mother and have time for my relationship with Liev. I’m never sure whether I’m doing any of it right, but I’ve finally got to the age where at least I know that I’m just doing my best.”

The actresses latest film Mother and Child, is set for a May release this year. The busy mom also have seven other projects lined up!

Filed under: Naomi Watts

Photo credit: Flynet Pictures

1. halli

I was thinking about the same way..I have a son,,and a daughter..you have to try..

2. Francesca

You can…I did…and it worked with all 3 (boy, girl, girl) There is a Chinese calendar that predicts the gender of the baby based on the mother’s age at conception… Here’s a link: http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/cal.html

I even counted backwards to see if it matched ther genders for me and my siblings counting backwards and it works. :-) Good Luck!

3. Francesca

You also have to factor in if you or the person you’re trying to verify was premature. So far, for me and all the friends I’ve checked are 10 for 10.

4. Jennie

That thing was right, I think, once for me. I’ve had four boys lol I think it said boy for my third son. You get what you get and the only way to know for sure is if you go the IVF gender selection route, which I’ve been highly considering to get my daughter LOL

5. Sophia

So.. she’s not going to have any more kids because she doesn’t want another boy? That’s a little odd to me. She’d be totally smitten with her baby no matter what gender it was. But of course it’s completely her call.

i think she means that she really wants a baby girl since she has two boys already, and she can’t guarantee she’ll have a girl so there’s no point reproducing till she gets one. I see her point. She could always adopt…

why the girl obsession with so many women…? Just don’t understand…I was always scared of having girls because my mother and I aren’t close but I have 2 and I love them. I don’t assume I’m going to be closer to them than my son though. And I would have been happy with three of either…gender never came into it. Yet all my friends with 2 boys are desperate for a girl and act like they have won the lottery if they get her. Just makes me sort of slightly offended on behalf of the boys. Mine is so amazing, how could you not want three of them?

8. Anonny

She should talk to Heidi Klum…

9. Anonymous 123

That’s because the girls are more likely to take care of the elderly parents than boys. Sons are more independent and cater to their prospective wives, whereas girls – even though they also start their own families – tend to be more thoughtful and care about the mother and father.