Russell Crowe & His Hollywood Stars

Russell Crowe & His Hollywood Stars

Russell Crowe was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Monday (April 12). The 46-year-old Academy Award-winning actor stood proudly beside his wife Danielle Spencer and their two sons, Charlie, 6, and Tennyson, 3 1/2.

Avatar‘s Sam Worthington, Jay Leno, Ron Howard and Brian Grazier were some of the celebs at today’s ceremony.

“Thanks for the privilege. I’ll always be grateful for it,” Crowe told the crowd of more than 500.

What is your fav Russell Crowe flick? My vote is for A Beautiful Mind.

Filed under: Charlie Crowe,Danielle Spencer,Russell Crowe,Tennyson Crowe

Photo credit: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM

My favorite of his was A Beautiful MInd. He was definitely robbed of an Oscar that year in favor of Denzel’s Washington’s ridiculous performance. H-wood decided it was time for a black actor to win again and Russell lost out as a result. It’s why the Oscars are often meaningless awards, given out for reasons that have nothing to do with who truly gave the year’s best performance. They’ve become a popularity contest and, if you don’t play the H-wood game as Russell doesn’t, you are punished.

2. Georgia

I think he was robbed of an Oscar for A Beautiful Mind. He should have won. He would have got back to back Oscars, only matched by Spencer Tracy.

3. skyler

adorable boys

4. Jana

Those boys look so much like him! And A Beautiful Mind was def one of his all time masterpieces. His performance was pure genius! Also loved Gladiator ;)

5. Layne

The whole family looks great! My fave movie of Russell’s has been 3:10 To Yuma, although I’ve loved everything he’s done!

6. AJ

Whoa they grew so fast! And they’re so tall, the 3 yr old looks 6!

7. :)

cute kids!! i love most of his films but gladiator and beautiful mind are my favorites!

8. Tif

romper stomper! scary, but well worth the effort. made before hollywood got to him. (not that there’s anything wrong with that)

9. Rustyb74

I am so happy for Russell, he is one great actor. I too think he was robbed of his second Oscar, for A Beautiful Mind. and he was great in Cinderella Man. and because of all the negative hype and press in 2005, the picture never got the credit it deserved. I am looking forward to seeing Robin Hood. Russell looked so good at his STAR Celebration. looking like the Gladiator. and he has a beautiful family.
    Barbara USA

10. Marla

Georgia -
    Don’t forget about Tom Hanks! Both he and Spencer Tracy won back-to-back Oscars but are the only ones to have done so.