Name: Suri Cruise
Date of Birth: April 18, 2006
Parents: Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise
Siblings: Half siblings Isabella (12/92) and Connor (01/95)
- According to Vanity Fair, Suri was born exactly one year after her parents met
- Suri wasn’t seen in public until September 2006, and was first seen photographer for the October 2006 cover of Vanity Fair (the magazine’s best selling issue of all time)
- It has been said that Suri name “is a word with origins in both Hebrew and Persian. In Hebrew, it means ‘princess’ and in Persian, ‘red rose’”, though Hebrew linguists denied the meaning of the word and other say that ‘Suri’ is a Yiddish form of ‘Sarah’
- She’s been nicknamed TomKitten by the media, after her parents’ joint monikor, TomKat.
- She’s come to be known for her extravagant wardrobe, as well as her for the controversial heels and makeup we’ve often spotted her wearing
“She won’t wear pants. Kate finally got her in jeans the other day. We put the pants on and walk away and the pants are off and the dress is on!” – Tom, on his fashion conscious daughter.