Bethenny Frankel Is In Labor!

Bethenny Frankel Is In Labor!

Oh, baby! Real Housewives of New York City star Bethenny Frankel is in labor, Life & Style reports. “Her water broke at 12:46 a.m. She’s at the hospital now,” says a friend close to the reality starlet, who recently wed Jason Hoppy on March 28.

Baby Hoppy is running a bit ahead of schedule – Bethenny’s due date was early June.

“I was at an age when I said, ‘You know what, if I get pregnant it will be a blessing,’” Bethenny said at her bridal shower on March 21.

The newlyweds plan to be surprised with the sex of their first child, though Bethenny has her fingers crossed for a girl. “I hope the way I’m carrying doesn’t mean I’m having a boy,” Bethenny joked.

We’ll update with any further news.

Filed under: Bethenny Frankel

Photo credit: Flynet

I think it’s pretty terrible for her to “joke” about not wanting a boy– what if she DOES have a boy? One day he’ll be able to read that his mother said “I hope the way I’m carrying doesn’t mean I’m having a boy”… how is that going to make him feel? Knowing that your own mother didn’t want you to be what you are… that’ll hurt. Even though I’m sure she’ll fall in love with her baby if he is a boy after the birth, that really is something that she should have kept to herself/ told only close family/friends. Putting that sort of stuff out there in the public sector means it WILL be forever be out there. She may really come to regret saying that.

Geeze, get over yourself, who cares if she prefers a girl first!

It’s not about her wanting to have a girl first… I think most parents probably have a preference. It’s declaring it to the world and in effect saying that she hopes she DOESN’T have a boy, not that she really wants a girl (which are two completely different statements with completely different connotations). I just think she should be a bit more cautious about what she says to the public. I was only thinking that if she has a boy it might be a bit hurtful for him to read something like that when he was older.

I wasn’t trying to bash her or anything… I actually have no idea who she is (I live in the UK). I would say the same thing about anyone who would say something like that to the masses.

She sounds so immature and selfish. So many women cannot have children and she only wants a girl. Grow up! As ljong as your baby is healthy that is all that matters!

Of course all that matters is that the baby is healthy, beyond that, isn’t it ok to want a girl first? I’m sure she knows and has said that if she has a boy, she would love it just the same.. but that information isn’t posteD!

I hope she has a boy!

I hope she has a boy too!!

5. CDionFan21

I don’t think she was being serious, lighten up jerks.

back at you jerk………….

same here, jerk

8. Allison

I dont think theres anything wrong with joking about it. I said that all the time when I was younger. Now I have a girl and boy and I love them both equally. I’m sure she’ll love a boy just as much as she would a girl, too.

9. CDionFan21

Can you not READ IT SAYS she was JOKING when she said it! She JOKED!

10. Aliana

Ugh, she was joking! I’m not even pregnant, and I hope I have a girl. So, I’ll probably end up saying the same thing!

11. MarsGirls

Come on people most moms during the first pregnancy, hope they have one gender over the other…in the end you really don’t care if its boy or girl though. As for one day the baby will read this…come on. Why focus on that one little part, and not WOW she is in labor about experience the most purest love one can ever feel. Next you will all be commenting on how she is too tiny during her pregnancy.

I hoped for a boy myself ’cause I can’t do hair…then my son was born with long thick hair.

Boys are so much better than girls! Girls are whiney, spoiled and complain all of the time!

Interesting how you guys are bickering about that, when the major news is that her kid is being born pre-term (prior to 37 weeks). Hope everything works out alright for her and baby.

Oh Please. The PC answer is all I want is a healthy baby. Every parent wants a healthy baby. To want a girl or want a boy isn’t a sin. It’s not like you won’t love it. Most men want a boy first, most women want a girl. Everyone says they want people to be honest, well she was and not people are upset. GET OVER IT!!

I’m currently pregnant and I seriously don’t care one way or the other. I just want a healthy baby. I have though, suffered through two failed adoptions and an ectopic pregnancy, so at this point, I just want to be a mom. I could care less if it’s a boy or a girl.

That CAN’T be a picture of Britany frankel when she is 9 months pregnant.She only looks around 6 months pregnant lol !! BUT however….the comment she made about looking like she will have a boy or a girl by the way her belly looks is an old wives tale but is truly really based on the strength of your muscles in your belly which is determining how far down they are allowing your uterus to sag from the weight of the baby.It really has nothing to do with the sex of the baby at all….just the strength of your muscles…. Most people don’t know this.Hope I helped some to understand better.And to the scoffers…sorry I took the fun out of the old wives tale :\

• CDionFan21

She was only 4 months or so in that photo. I followed her on Facebok and she was talking about the event. She was only 4 months or so in the pregnancy. You still can barely tell she’s pregnant in the most recent pics she posted from her last apperance on a talk show this week.

• CDionFan21

oh and her name isn’t Brittany, its Bethenny.

That CAN’T be a picture of Bethennyy frankel when she is 9 months pregnant.She only looks around 6 months pregnant lol !! BUT however….the comment she made about looking like she will have a boy or a girl by the way her belly looks is an old wives tale but is truly really based on the strength of your muscles in your belly which is determining how far down they are allowing your uterus to sag from the weight of the baby.It really has nothing to do with the sex of the baby at all….just the strength of your muscles…. Most people don’t know this.Hope I helped some to understand better.And to the scoffers…sorry I took the fun out of the old wives tale :\

19. CDionFan21

Its been reporting on some sites that people from her OBGYN’s office were twittering she had a boy and that Bravo was PO’d that she went into early labor because the camera’s weren’t there.

she had a boy!!!!!!

It does say she had a boy in a lot of different places, but People magazine states she had a girl and even that her name is Bryn. So which is it? She probably got the girl she wanted after all. Damn! I was hoping she wouldn’t get her wish after that so called “joking” comment she made.

22. anon

She went into labor prematurely because she was anorexic during her pregnancy. How selfish of her to put her own looks ahead of her baby’s health!!

She did have a girl, which is sad because this daughter will be growing up in the shadow of the mom’s body image problems… poor girl.