Gwyneth Paltrow Puts Her Family First

Gwyneth Paltrow Puts Her Family First

Gwyneth Paltrow is better known these days for her lifestyle website GOOP where she touts cleanses and vegetarian sushi recipes and that’s exactly how she wants it. The Daily Mail reports that Gwyneth puts taking care of her children and husband a priority, not her career.

She says, “I have these two beautiful kids and I just want to be home with them. It’s probably not the best thing for your career, but my kids are my priority. I could throw myself into my career and then I’d probably lose my marriage. You don’t want to get too career-orientated and lose that.”

Gwyneth, who is married to Coldplay singer Chris Martin, sees GOOP as her new job, and thinks everyone should have access to the same things she does: “Like I would be at a conference and meet a nutritionist at the forefront of cutting-edge science and learn all of this cool stuff. And I thought, surely there’s a mum in Ohio who would want to know this, but doesn’t have the access to it?”

That doesn’t mean Gwyneth is giving up films forever: her latest, Iron Man 2, is out in theaters now.

Filed under: Gwyneth Paltrow

Photo credit: Flynet

1. demonterius

i everything want you see go to ready love you keep yourself said.

I see that Ben Affleck her ex is doing the same thing.. he is taking time off
    too to raise his daughters… Who he treasures more than anything else..!!

It is nice to see that actors are now taking time off their careers…

Ben isn’t and hasn’t taken time off, he currently filming/directing now.

Gwyneth always sounds so holier-than-thou, it’s so annoying.

What’s sad is that these comments are expected of female celebrities but not of male celebrities. Men are never expected to give up their careers for their kids or even sacrifice part of their careers to save their marriages, it’s always the women who have to do all the bending and compromising.

lol at the person who said that Affleck is taking time off… he is a filmmaker now, which takes much longer time and work … so if anything, he is working harder. Plus, do you see the amount of political discussions/Africa related stuff he does? I think his wife jennifer only works for a short time every year (she said that she has only worked for a month since seraphina’s birth), like gwyneth… so those two are similar in that sense. Not Affleck, though… he said recently that he works more and harder today than he used to, so go figure. He is a very ambitious guy… he’ll never make his career a second priority.

And frankly, gwyneth has been working too… she has had steady releases over the years. I think all she is saying is that being a mother is a priority for her.