Jesse James: My Bad Childhood Led Me To Cheat

Jesse James: My Bad Childhood Led Me To Cheat

Jesse James, soon-to-be ex of Sandra Bullock, spoke with Nightline this week about the circumstances that led him to cheat on the beloved actress, who recently revealed that she had secretly adopted a baby from New Orleans.

Jesse spoke of his childhood, and how the abuse he suffered led him to feel that he was never good enough for Sandra. He said, “The struggle within myself for the things that I did …to damage marriage and my life and everything else, it’s all me. I’m doing it because, you know, I’ve basically never felt good enough for anyone.”

While he claims he is not a sex addict, he insists that his cheating was a way of “sabotaging” his life. He also hopes that Sandra will take him back, saying “I hope people realize that, you know, Hey, I’m human, I make mistakes and I’m sorry for what I did.” There are even rumors that he’s planning on moving to Austin to be closer to Sandra, who owns a home and several businesses there.

Filed under: Sandra Bullock

Excuse me while I barf.

2. jordan

Jesse stop blaming your bad childhood and blame yourself. The more he talks the more I lost respect for him.

3. Natalie

I’ve heard it all now..

4. Peta

*groans* Oh God….why can’t people own their screw-ups without justifying them?!

5. Lauren

I know that bad parenting can lead to dysfunctional insecure adults but at some point in your life you have to move on and stop being the victim. He had a wonderful life with sandra, he should of communicated and expressed his fears to his wife instead of acting out. He said he cheated because he thought his life was too good to be true and Sandra was going to leave him one day anyway.

I wish him the best of luck..

This guy is pathetic! Now he is using his “bad childhood” as an excuse as to why he cheated on Sandra with at least 4 women. He is a scumbag!

7. rachel s

almost all of us had crappy childhoods. We’re not all chronic cheaters. Now that he is no longer with Sandra he needs to POOF! (disappear)

8. Leslie

Jesse thought he could have his cake and eat it. And he wants that. I barfed in my mouth when I saw that sham of an interview. Shame on you Night Line!

9. Auntie

Agree with all comments. She is better off without this immature, selfish, irresponsible man. May he always regret throwing away a seemingly wonderful wife and putting her at risk health-wise by sleeping with other women.

Wow there must be a lot of us without sin here because a lot of stones are being thrown. I for one think he should have gotten some professional help for his issues with his past. I know exactly what he is doing by throwing his marriage to Sandra away. The worst way to hurt yourself is to hurt the ones you love. It IS self destructive and effective. He needs to get some self esteem and stop this pattern he has started. It will only continue with the next woman who walks into his life if he doesn’t. I think it is terrible that Sandra had to be the victim in this cycle he has perpetuated. It has cost her and the children greatly. I am sure he is beating himself up enough right now without the rest of the world beating on him too. I am NOT btw justifying what he did. I simply understand. To understand is to have compassion. It is a shoddy deal all around for everyone involved. I know Sandra will find someone more mentally stable and someone who will value her truly. His loss!

While I dont think cheating is pardonable at all.. I would still try to understand. By the time one realises that ones bad childhood has effected his life, one would have already made certain mistakes. If he regrets and finds ways to correct wat he did and doesnt do it again. One deserves a second chance…