Katherine Heigl: “We’d Love To Have A Second Child”

Katherine Heigl: "We'd Love To Have A Second Child"

Actress Katherine Heigl has her sights set on expanding her family.

The former Grey’s Anatomy star, who is mom to 18-month-old daughter Naleigh, tells Germany’s Gala magazine, “We would love to have a second child, adopted or biological. We’re not ruling it out.”

“Just look at Haiti,” Katherine adds, referring to the devastation after this year’s earthquake. “There’s so many parentless children. It breaks my heart. I want to help.”

Katherine, who celebrated her 2nd wedding anniversary with her husband Josh Kelley in December, recently opened up about their decision to adopt Naleigh, who was born with a congenital heart problem:

“A lot of children don’t find forever homes because they’re on that special-needs list, even if it’s because of something as simple as her mother smoked cigarettes for a month, not knowing she was pregnant. That’s not so huge that you couldn’t handle it.”

Filed under: Katherine Heigl

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Courtney

I find what she said insensitive as I’m a special needs child myself a starlet like her should keep her trap shut it’s not like she’ll ever be worthy of hollywood’s highest award the oscar she can’t act her way out of a paper bag to save her life

Insensitive? She stated a fact. It is a fact that it is harder for special needs children to find homes with adoptive families. I think that is horrible and wrong, but that does not change that many people want to adopt a healthy child. She adopted a special needs child herself. I think that is great of her.

Shut your trap Courtney! You are completely ignorant! You should get a real life instead of commenting on every post. Katherine is one if my favorite actresses, and I think she did a really brave thing by adopting Naleigh.

Umm.. a mother smoking cigs for a month when she didn’t know she was pregnant is not going to do much at all.

If she wants to help — she needs to adopt within the states. There are plenty of homeless/parentless kids here that need homes. We don’t need MORE mouths to feed in the US as it is.. We can’t afford to support the ones we have.

5. Valerie

I’m starting to dislike this pathetic big-mouth baboon more and more… She comes off as an ungrateful idiot and to be honest, she’s not even that good of an actress.

6. Anna

A lot of ignorance on this thread. First Courtney saying she is insensitive because she adopted a special needs baby? How strange!
    Than someone who thinks that US children should get homes first…..can’t you just be happy that naleigh was saved a life in a orphanage?
    And last two people throwing words like idiot, baboob, and shut your trap around.

I am not much of a guy who thinks in so deeply about web design but I think your post had some valid points in it. Like designers are forced to design stuff within the limited code available and not go beyond it, their innovation is somewhat limited but still I think Web Design won’t die! I agree that Amazon and other some big sites won’t have a blog but now a days it’s very important to have some sort of option available so people can quickly communicate their thoughts. I think Amazon if wants to shift it to that, they can get a customized CMS for themselves. wholesale oil painting