Jada Pinkett Smith On Jaden’s Star Role, Willow’s Music Career

Jada Pinkett Smith On Jaden's Star Role, Willow's Music Career

Well known for her role in The Matrix series, Jada Pinkett Smith is now heating things up on TNT’s hit medical drama HawthoRNe. The 38-year-old mother of three – stepson Trey, 17, son Jaden, 11, and daughter Willow, 9 – opens up to Ambassador about her career and family life.

On putting her music career on hold for Willow’s: “I started a metal band called Wicked Wisdom. I toured and I loved it. But soon after, my kids’ careers started taking off, so I sacrificed it. I am pleased to say my daughter, Willow, will be putting out an album soon and I look forward to enjoying music through her creations. So I am excited about that, and she’s pretty awesome. She will be better at it then I ever could be anyway! (Laughs)”

On Jaden’s first star role in The Karate Kid: “That experience was quite unique, and that was probably one of the most difficult projects I have worked on because this was my son’s first starring role, and it was for such a classic movie. He was working in China away from his friends and family. Even though we brought family out there from time to time, it was still long hours. Not only did he have to shoot but he also had to practice during lunchtime and weekends. He really had no downtime for about four months. It wasn’t an easy thing to do or to watch. But the reward is knowing that he is so proud of the product. As a parent, it was amazing to see my child understand the fruits of hard work, and he sees that from what was produced just with his own talents. I also think that this was really the first time Will and I worked together at that
capacity on such a project like The Karate Kid (2010). Like I said, it was hard, but I’m really proud of the product we were able to create as a family. I’m extremely proud, and I’m sure we will be doing a lot more of that.”

Continue reading at Ambassador

Filed under: Jada Pinkett-Smith,Jaden Smith,Willow Smith

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Anna
  2. freya

an album? at nine? what happened to her childhood? if she wants to pursue a career in music then starting around 15/16 is fine but certainly not nine. they are trying to push her to be a child star and because she has famous parents then her career at that age will be based on how well known her parents are not talent.

3. Carrie

She has big ears and who lets there kids dress like that, I had respect for will and jada until i saw this trainwreck!

she looks just like Will! she’s a cutie and I don’t mind her hair, but the clothes are pretty awful. (it kind of looks like a mini will smith in drag… lol)

5. Tiffany

They are such a cute family!!!!!!!!! I am so excited to see this movie. Get all of Jada’s clothes here http://outfitidentifier.com

6. Tazina

Willow is cute. She’s a kid. I see no make-up on her face, no trashy low cut, short clothes. She picked out what she is wearing to go to this outing with her parents and obviously has a unique style and confidence. Why not an album at 9? She’s in a show business family and has a lot of influence from supportive family members. Some people just like to criticize creative children I guess.

There seems to be a trend in Hollywood when you are a beautiful woman (Angelina, Jada) with a beautiful daughter (Shiloh, Willow) you go to extremes to allow your beautiful daughter to look really strange…….

I never really agreed with kids starting to work in whatever area (acting/singing/etc.) but if they can find a good balance why not? Hollywood isn’t something that’s new to them, they’ve been around it all their lives. But I hope they still get to enjoy their childhood.

9. Rings

I understand there are child stars everywhere. But when those child stars are children of Hollywood stars themselves is kinda annoying.

10. Sam

I don’t like Willow’s troll doll hair but boy dose she look exactly like her dad!

God, ENOUGH with this family. They’re just…I don’t know…ICKY in their pursuit of fame and fortune. How about you let your kids be kids?

Tacky, tacky. You can get out of Baltimore, but Baltimore will never leave you.

13. Sophia

Nine and releasing an album? That is literally insane. This family is gorgeous but they scare me.

omgg wat is wrong wit her haircut ? itz a mohawk, she jus putz it in different styles. but alot of children has mohawkz ! and y cant she put out a album ? she wants to start her singing career off early in her life. jus like jaden and his rapping and acting career. and fyi they dont pick out there own clothes. they ALL have a stylist. so they suggest sumthen and the stylist picks stuff out for them. so wy dont ppl focus on the gud and not on wat they think is so bad ! they r great children. and really even if they wasnt doin all dis stuff ther lives wud pretty much be da same cus of will and jada. soo if any1 wants ta explain wy willow is too young ta have that haircut and wy she shouldnt have an album out and wy theyre nt livin lives dat kids shud live then feel free !!!!!

Welcome Nike Air Max world – http://www.cheapairmaxgo.com, huge collections of high-quality Air Max Shoes with wholesale price! Such as Air Max 2009, Air Max 95, Air Max 90, and more. Enjoy cheap Air Max here to get more discount!

After researching, Air Max 90,
    Air Max 95, Air Max 2009, Nike Air Classic are those hot sale styles from Nike Air

16. rrezarta

i think jaden smith is the mostbeautiful boy on the world.and i love him
    love love love <3<3<3