Scarlett Johansson & Ryan Reynolds To Adopt?

Scarlett Johansson & Ryan Reynolds To Adopt?

Are Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson getting set to add to their family? Rumor has it that the pair, who will be celebrating their second wedding anniversary later this year, are preparing to adopt.

Both In Touch and Star are reporting that the A-list couple have already started the process to adopt a baby from Africa.

“Scarlett, 25, forged a connection with Africa when she went to Rwanda in 2008 to work with (RED), an initiative to fight AIDS,” states Star magazine. “And now she and Ryan, 33, are working with a U.S.-based adoption agency, reveals a source. ‘They’ve narrowed the search to Ethiopia or Ghana…’”

The handsome star of The Proposal spoke last year of his hope to one day adopt, saying, “My oldest brother is adopted and I have every intention of adopting at some time. I’m very grateful for having my brother in my life. I couldn’t be more pro-adoption. There are plenty of kids in the world that need it.”

Scarlett also has a newly adopted baby sister – her mom brought daughter Fenan home from Ethiopia just last month.

Filed under: Uncategorized

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Sonya

Good for them! Obviously with both of them having adopted siblings, adoption would be a big part of their lives.

But, I sure hope they have a biological child somewhere down the road. That would be one gorgeous baby!

2. Feli

I find it really weird that they’ve been married for almost 2 years and never even appear in public together. I mean: come ON! we KNOW! It’s ok lol
    and it’s not like they’d have to be ashamed of each other… ;)

• Cabos

Geez what about simply wanting to keep their marriage life out of the spotlight? Julia Roberts never walks a red carpet with her husband. It’s a choice. I actually find it quite fascinating how private they have kept their marriage from paparazzi and media scrutiny.

i THOUGHT THEY HAD BROKEN UP, GLAD TO SEE i WAS MISTAKEN. I NEVER LIKE TO HEAR OF DIVORCE.

S.J. is stolen biological material, taken against will and formed to clones line 200 pieces total. DANGEROUS, DANGEROUS, sign of dangerous criminal activity. Original Scarlett Galabekian future pediatrician doctor, pediatrician nurse license she obtained in 2008.

5. lynn

i think that is wonderful on Scarlett & Ryan. good for them. i am an adopted child (adult now) and my parents raised me right. i think everybody should adopt if they can. woo hoo.

6. jasmine

I hope they realise that adopted kids are actually never going to be legally theirs (on paper, yes, but not in their hearts as is the case with any adoptive kid) and if they had their own, then they would form more of a “bond” with this child, rather than the adopted one. Hugh Jackman and his fugly wife are good examples of this – it has been said that Ava, (the ugly korean kid they happened to draw ballot papers for) is not as popular with them as she would like.
    JASMINE