Bethenny Frankel: I Did Indulge While Pregnant!

Bethenny Frankel: I Did Indulge While Pregnant!

She dropped down to a size 4 only 3 weeks postpartum, and now, 5lbs. heavier than before baby, Bethenny Frankel is quite content with her figure! The Real Housewives’ of New York star told US Weekly, “I probably now have five pounds to lose, and I don’t even know if I’ll lose them! I like it.”

Frankel, like many celebrities, has been accused of setting unrealistic expectations for women, staying thin while pregnant, and becoming thin so quickly afterward. She dismissed this accusation, saying she treated herself to goodies during pregnancy but did not go overboard,

I did indulge! I had cheesecake. I had a dessert every day, but I didn’t go overboard. I think people go crazy and that’s why they gain so much weight. People just have to be reasonable: Food is not your best friend or your enemy.”

Frankel and husband Jason Hoppy welcomed daughter Bryn in May, and in an interview with Celebrity Baby Scoop, the RHONY star dished on learning the ropes of motherhood and having a baby nurse to help guide her, saying, “Jason and I change her and feed her and bathe her. But it’s nice to have a baby nurse to tell you that you ‘have’ to get the burp out every time, or that you don’t put alcohol on the bellybutton thing. It’s comforting to have someone explain to you what’s going on.”

Filed under: Bethenny Frankel

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Jessie

Why is this girl getting so much heat for losing her baby weight fast.She was thin before getting pregnant, thin while pregnant, and thin after being pregnant.It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out she was going to drop whatever weight she gained quickly.She is known for cooking healthy food-she probably practices what she preaches.The article says she set a unrealistic expectation for pregnant women with her weight loss-no she didn’t.I am sure she didn’t stay healthy during pregnancy with the motive of “I’m going to make heavier pregnant women feel bad about themselves!” People need to worry about themselves and not other people-even if the other people are celebrities.

Plus her baby was 4lbs. That’s a super small baby. Glad everyone is healthy.

3. Ms. Jojo

Bethenny, just so happy the way your life has taken….Glad your away from
    the lunes @ RHONYC, except for Alex (she’s real)….

Have a great life!

joanne

I don’t think it’s accurate to say that she was taking heat because she lost weight quickly. I don’t think there is anything wrong with her losing weight quickly.

My problem (and I think, the concern expressed by several other readers) is that this ultra-rapid weight loss was being glorified by her and by the press. I really, really am not bugged by the fact that she is wearing a size 4 just a few weeks after giving birth — I was wearing my size 4 jeans within a month of giving birth, too, but I didn’t go around talking about it or bragging to my friends!!! Some women are naturally thin and have fast metabolisms, but that’s no reason to feel superior over others. I feel lucky that I was born this way, and that it’s easy for me to run several miles a day, eat healthy and generally stay in shape. Other women just don’t have the resources to do so, and I don’t judge them for it.

So, my problem with this woman is that all the media attention surrounding her is related to something so superficial. It’s all, “Hey, look at me! I just had a baby and I’m super-skinny! Fat women are stupid!!!”

Let’s be clear about things, CBS — it’s not her weight loss that is a problem, but the fact that it is treated as some amazing accomplishment. Please — there are starving women all over the world who have “achieved” the same thing as her. And many of them also deliver their babies very premature, due to lack of nutrition. Only in this crazy country would we consider this to be fabulous and praise-worthy.

5. Francesca

6. Francesca

I’m so sick of hearing about her AND her weight loss…who cares?! I’m 40 and I have 16, 6 and 4 year olds…I gained 60-75 pounds which each of them and I’m a size 6. So what?! there are plenty of moms who give birth (multiple times!) eat right, work out and go up and down with their weight. It’s just how we are as women…what makes her so special?!

7. Jessie

I know she is doing interviews promoting her new show, and instead of discussing the show the reporters seemed fixated on her weight after baby.I don’t know how you can blame her for that-you should blame the media.

8. Sophia

Bryn only has one ‘n’. That’s all I’m saying.

Look the point is, if she really ate a normal slice of cheesecake everyday, not a large one just normal medium size, every day of her pregnancy she would have gained a lot more baby weight, and yes her baby would be heavier too. That’s just logic. I’m guessing to her indulging is having one tiny cube of dark chocolate per day and similar treats