Jaden & Willow Smith Rock The Red Carpet

Jaden & Willow Smith Rock The Red Carpet

The celebrity kids of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett SmithJaden, 11, and Willow, 9 – rocked the red carpet at the Los Angeles premiere of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse on Wednesday (June 24). The adorable brother-sister duo posed for photographers in their funky duds.

The Smith family acting dynasty has officially hit Hollywood. Jaden has kicked his way to the top of the North American box-office recently in a remake of The Karate Kid, a film that Will and Jada co-produced.

Jada said the film was taxing on the entire family, but they are proud of the finished product:

It was hard, but I’m really proud of the product we were able to create as a family. I’m extremely proud, and I’m sure we will be doing a lot more of that.”

Filed under: Jaden Smith,Willow Smith

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

i dont get why people keep saying the kids are brats…I really dont get it. Do you know them or something??

Agreed ..the fervor of some of these comments is insane. It’s a lot like the people who freak out and say the same thing about Kimora Lee (Simmons) kids too. They are extra self confident and used to the spotlight and seem precocious so maybe that chafes people. They don’t have to interact with these kids so not sure why they elicit such an extreme reaction..odd

I agree — these hateful comments are not only crazy but also a little insane.

I bet that it’s racism, pure and simple.

I also suspect (and hope) that there is a handful of really hateful, ignorant people posting and re-posting over and over. In addition to being racist, they seem to think it’s funny to provoke a reaction out of other readers. Very sad.

• Katrina Leigh

Honey, it’s most likely not racism. I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but my god, you say anything against any black person in our society, and you immediately get branded with the RACIST label. It’s ridiculous. It’s not racism, it’s most likely just the fact that people love to target celeb kids and call them spoiled self-absorbed brats, whether they be black OR white. White examples? Miley Cyrus, Dakota Fanning, Haley Joel Osment, the Olsen twins (when they were younger), McCouley Cualkin (however you spell it), and the list goes on.
          But, I do agree that the hateful comments are ridiculous. They are CHILDREN. And, they are children of superstars. They are bound to be over-confident, and yes, probably at least a little spoiled, it just comes with the territory. But being spoiled is not exactly this uncommon thing in America ya know? We’re ALL spoiled here. Doesn’t make anyone a bad person. And, I say again, they are ONLY CHILDREN. People need to back off.

2. Boston.Girl

They are adorable when they smile. I do understand the need for the non-smiley pictures. I mean you are on the Red Carpet, smile!

On a side note what are these 2 doing a t a PG-13 movie premier? Isn’t Willow only 8 or 9 and Jaden 10 or 11?

these kids think they are better than everyone else with their superior attitudes. Will and Jada need to stop pimping them out everywhere!

nepotism

People keep saying they are brats because that is the way they act. They were recently on Oprah and Jaden acted like a cockly arrogant jerk!

Two mini-Will Smith.

ppl need to calm down with the anti comments…

Jayden has acted obnoxious on The Today Show, David Letterman and Oprah and those are the only shows I have seen. He obviously acts this way all the time and no one stops him!

All I can say is people, don’t “HATE” on these very special BABIES.
    I say that because i hear all the comments about how “arrogant” & “cocky” this 11yr old boy is when in fact it isn’t ARROGANCE at all, it’s called CONFIDENCE people. As ADULTS I would think you should be able 2 tell the difference. Don’t be mad because he KNOWS HIS WORTH AT THE AGE OF 11. He KNOWS his value, how does he know this? well his parents taught him that as well they SHOULD HAVE. It is such a BEAUTIFUL thing 2 see, & especially in “WHITE HOLLYWOOD” where you hardly see ANYTHING BLACK ANYMORE, this 11 yr old “boy” made them take notice and in a very “BIG” way with the no. 1 movie in America! Now I’d say that’s a very big feat for such a small black child to achieve. When u look @ the Smith family you will see great FOCUS, & DETERMINATION 2 be the absolute “best”, they are all acting as “1 unit” they are not “scattered” or “confused” or “envious” of one another’s success, they think as 1 unit & it is so very “rare” 2 see a all BLACK family succeed in Hollywood, I think that is something that should be celebrated not criticized. ;)

FANTASTIC comment. I agree. It’s creepy and unsettling adults would rail against KIDS and think they somehow need to be taken down a notch. Um, if more kids believed/knew their self worth they would have a better chance of success against bullying, drugs, and yes even some horrible child predators who single out kids who have low esteem. Sad but true. I think adults have an obligation to encourage this and it shows their parents did a good job.

AGREED!!!! These kids seem like they have great heads on their shoulders and I believe that Will and Jada are doing a wonderful job raising them!! I do find it suspicious that so many people take offense to their so called “attitudes” and i have to say – part of me thinks it is race driven, even if people dont realize it! (by the way, im 100% white). just look at miley and her little sister noah and the outfits they wear – far more alarming!!! at least will and jada dress them appropriately for their age! id also just like to add that these kids are STUNNINGLY beautiful!!!!! hopefully people take a second to consider what they’re saying before they decide to bash them!!

All I can say is people, don’t “HATE” on these very special BABIES.

LOOK @ ALL THESE jealous grown-ups hating on the “LITTLE KIDS”!!!

PPL didn’t flock to see the movie because of Jaden. They went to see the movie because it was basically a remark of a classic. They were curious. Nothing to do with him.

That said Jaden was amazing in it.

12. Tazina

Lots of jealous comments. These kids come from a show business family. It’s just the way it is. Of course they have opportunities the average kid doesn’t, but if they couldn’t act then they wouldn’t be in movies after their initial chance. I haven’t seen them act at all like brats. In fact Jaden was a real little gentlemen on the Ellen show and he said that his dad has taught him to be polite to adults. As one poster said, confidence is not arrogance.

arrogant kids

14. zoe

The pictures I’ve have seen of willow she looks really arrogant.

We are just stating our opinion. They do seem arrogant. The press seems to think so too.

We are NOT going to call the race card on this. Arrogant is arrogant. I do not care if the kids are black, white, green or purple. They do come across arrogant!

you’re obnoxious. have you met them? what about their smiles makes them look arrogant? more telling, im sure, is the question – how many black people do you know? how many are you friends with? my guess is NONE. im white but im a teacher and alllll of my kids are black. i dont get even a SLIGHT air of arrogance from looking at these pictures. only people who dont understand their own underlying issues with race talk about a “race card” – you need to deal with your feelings/stereotypes (like seriously, im not kidding) and stop placing feelings and judgements on kids who are smiling for a freakin picture.

17. Mara

Confidence often comes across arrogance. They are adorable and talented. Zoe you are amazing, so you can tell someone is arrogant from a photograph? The movie was great and Jaden was great in it. I love the little Smiths, good looks and talent to boot. Hate on freaks.

I can’t understand how anyone finds these kids *arrogant*. I am so impressed by Jaden especially. He is such a well mannered little guy and even has a comedic side (just like dad) going on. I saw him on the Letterman show and thought he was absolutely adorable.

I am not sure about about their dress style (especially Willow’s side shaved head) but these are red carpet looks. I don’t know what they wear in their everyday life as I don’t see them then.

I think Will and Jada should be applauded for raising such seemingly grounded kids with great attitudes, strong self esteem and respect for their elders as displayed in their interviews. Kudos to the whole family. Continued success to them.

Are you kidding with the idea that race is even an issue here? Nepotism is nepotism, pure and simple. We don’t have to act like it is a secret that Will Smith cast his own child in the lead of a film that he produced, etc etc. This has been going on for a long long time in Hollywood, and is a reason that, if these children want to become serious actors, they should probably be a little more low-key.

Who knows if they are arrogant or not? They are children, and act like children. Hopefully, they have a realistic view of the source of their “opportunities”

20. Lioness

I am one who has said in the past that Jaden seems arrogant (never Willow, she doesn’t give that off at all)- here’s why. I know confidence- the Pinkett-Smiths are a very confident family, and it’s admirable. I don’t even mind a little arrogance- I am comfortable enough in my own skin not to bristle at someone who thinks very highly of him/herself. But I have seen Jaden in interviews, and something about him strikes me as obnoxiously arrogant- he just seems like someone I wouldn’t enjoy being around. He seems like a lot of other arrogant brats I meet right here in my city. Maybe he isn’t, but that’s how he comes off. And I’m Black, for the record, so no race card being pulled here- not even sure where that accusation is coming from.

Never been a huge fan of the family, anyway- they kind of bore me. Seems like they try way too hard to show us how cool and successful and down-to-earth they are… I’m over it. But I wish his whole family well, of course- I’d like to see Karate Kid, I’m thinking I’ll like it.

ALL that said, these are cute pics. That’s definitely one thing they’ve got going: they’re one good-looking bunch :-)

these two are such cuties!

22. celia

I cannot comment on their personalities since I do not know them or haven’t met them but, DANG!! Those have got to be two of the most gorgeous kids I have ever seen! What the heck! Willow’s eyes seem to glow they are so golden! And Jaden seems to have taken the best from both his parents!

Yawn! Blah, blah, blah! Totally bored with this family!

24. Venni

Hey look! It’s the too-cool-4-school kids! Wonder if they’re as advanced in math as they are in fashion.

• cypriania

from some i have seen, they aren’t that advanced in fashion. I have seen some of the ugly crap she has worn. and I agree on the “too cool for school”.. bleh!

25. Jasmine TAylor

ok, first of all, they’re rich, what the hell do you exsect, they are gonna dress nice, dont hate cause they got it all and you probably live in an appartment, they’re very nice

26. jada.c

he my age but he older

27. cypriania

wonder if their talent matches their ego? Options are: Overly inflated ego, talentless children (female at this point) being praised for a STUPID STUPID song about “whipping hair”? Give me a break. Parents need to send the child to a talent school to build talent, work on wardrobe and how it speaks for and about you. And reign them in a bit. Too much, too fast, and not that cute!

• Anonymous#1

@ CYPRIANIA….You are a HATER no doubt about it…I hope you DON’T have children because if you do, I feel very very very very SORRY for them. Or maybe your parents didn’t give you much praise/encouragement and attention as a child so now your all bitter. The Smith’s children are doing positive things with their life. Maybe you would prefer if they were problem kids like other highly noted celebrity kids. At the end of the day they are getting paid and you ain’t. So instead of hating…congraduate and maybe good things can happen for you to….PEACE_n_LOVE_ : )

just to let yall no about da red carpet both r rocking it only with the help of willows totally rocking unique hairstyles and clothing ,and with jadens striking good poses,but when it comes down 2 it both r still rocking it {oh yeah}!!