R&B Singer Ne-Yo Expecting First Child

R&B Singer Ne-Yo Expecting First Child

R&B crooner Ne-Yo – born to the name Shaffer Chimere Smith – is going to be a dad, Ebony reports.

The Miss Independent singer says he recently flew home to Atlanta to be with his girlfriend during her first ultrasound.

I am 30 and I do have my first child on the way, and I am very, very, very excited about that,” Ne-Yo says, joking that his firstborn is sure to be “stubborn.”

His girlfriend, actress Monyetta Shaw, is due in early 2011. “It’s a New Year’s baby,” Ne-Yo says. “I’m just in a really good place right now.”

Congratulations to the Shaw-Smith family!

Filed under: Expecting,Ne-Yo

Photo credit: Fame

1. Da

Congrats to him and the child’s mother. It was unfortunate what happened with the child he thought was his. That had to be devastating for him and the kid.

2. melo1983

Wow! That’s really surprising to me for some reason lol, I think of him as being like 20.

3. antigoniem

It’s his fiancé, not his girlfriend. Congrats.

4. melo1983

congratulations to ne-yo. i love that song “so sick”. it’s great.

Ne-Yo is coming to Philly! See him at Power99’s Powerhouse…Want to win tickets and check out cool pictures, videos, interviews and more? Go to http://www.power99.com/pages/events/powerhouse10/

6. Jessa Konney

Learning how to become a famous singer is not a two step process. It will take time, and it is important that you do not lose your patience. The process of how to be a singer may take years or just a few months, but if you are talented and persevere, nothing can stop you.

Kathleen Morin
    pptse.net

7. lovemary

i am happy your havin a baby… and i love ur songs.. i hope to meet u one day..

mary