Nicolas Cage: I Try To Give My Family A “Sense Of Normalcy”

Nicolas Cage: I Try To Give My Family A "Sense Of Normalcy"

Growing up with a grandmother who was an actress, and a famous director uncle – Francis Ford Coppola – Nicolas Cage was transitioned into the public eye slowly at the age of 16, when he filmed his first movie. Since this time, Cage, has been in the media for his hit blockbuster films, his high-profile relationships, and his financial and legal woes.

Cage is dad to 19-year-old son Weston from a previous marriage, and 4-year-old Kal-El with current wife Alice Kim. In an interview with Access Hollywood, Cage said he tries to provide his home life with a “sense of normalcy.” He then joked about Kal-El discovering his dad is a famous movie star, saying,

My youngest son has started to refer to me as Nicolas Cage from time to time. I have to remind him, ‘I’m Daddy. I’m Daddy.’”

Cage’s latest flick, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, is one that his youngest son would be a fan of, saying, “He’d love this movie. I made this movie for all ages.”

Cage and wife Kim, a former waitress from Los Angeles, have been married since July 2004.

Filed under: Nicolas Cage

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Kal-El?? Omg!

2. Cyberkitten41

LOVE Nicholas Cage..great actor..and i wouldn’t kick him outta bed for eatin crackers either lol :)))

3. Sophia

He tries to give his family a sense of normalcy so he names his son Kal-El?

4. Kaz

Look so old old

So said the man who is being sued by everyone that he owes while he has one or two houses on almost every continent…stupid how many house can you live in at one time…

Nic is one of the best Actors i have had the privilege of watching his movies, i think the problem with his finances is that he relied heavily on his business manager and you can’t blame him for that. He should sue the manager and sell some of his houses and cars at a great profit. Please see all the things he keeps buying as investments whose value appreciate with time.

8. shanda

My standard to live by is that you own your stuff, don’t let it own you. If you are enslaved to anything or anyone or any thoughts or ideas, thats gotta change. Get it outta your life, outta your head. replace it with what should be there instead. what our heavenly Father wants us all to have, peace and JOY!