Angelina Jolie: Shiloh “Wants To Be A Boy”

Angelina Jolie: Shiloh "Wants To Be A Boy"

Academy Award-winning actress Angelina Jolie has had a very busy five years. The gorgeous actress and partner, actor Brad Pitt are parents to six children – Maddox, Zahara, Shiloh, Pax, Knox and Vivienne – all under 8-years-old. On top of a busy family life and career, Jolie spends much of her time visiting countries that have been devastated by poverty and war, and her philanthropic efforts have earned her a role as a UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador.

In a revealing interview with Vanity Fair, Jolie, whose latest flick Salt is set for release this summer, opens up about her big family, acting, and Brad Pitt.

On adding to her family: “No, I’m not pregnant. We’re not opposed to it. But we want to make sure we can give everybody special time. They’re kids now, and can play together, but they’re going to need a lot more talking in the middle of the night, like I did with my mom for hours. We want to make sure we don’t build a family so big that we don’t have absolutely enough time to raise them each really well.”

On her children’s personalities: “Mad’s a real intellectual, which I can take no credit for genetically. He’s great at school, great at history. He feels like he could be a writer or travel the world and learn about places and things. Zahara’s got an extraordinary voice and is just so elegant and well spoken. Shiloh’s hysterically funny, one of the goofiest, most playful people you’ll ever meet. Knox and Viv are classic boy and girl. She’s really female. And he’s really a little dude.”

On how Shiloh wants to be a boy: “[Shiloh dresses] like a little dude. Shiloh, we feel, has Montenegro style. It’s how people dress there. She likes tracksuits, she likes [regular] suits. She likes to dress like a boy. She wants to be a boy. So we had to cut her hair. She likes to wear boys’ everything. She thinks she’s one of the brothers.”

Visit Vanity Fair for the complete interview with Angelina…

Filed under: Angelina Jolie

Photo credit: Courtesy of Vanity Fair

1. jules

i was just about to ask. wonder why she said nothing about pax? hmmm..

2. Valerie

Whatever… NEXT!!!!

Regarding Shiloh…..so I guess we have to expect in 15 years she’ll be Shane and undergo the same surgery that “Chaz” did.

And what about Pax?

5. DIRTY STAY OUT

Yeah, what about Pax?????

6. Francesca

I’m glad Shiloh is comfortable expressing who she is at such an earlier and that she has parents who support it.

• musiclover@yahoo.com

I agree…..I think it’s wonderful that they let Shiloh express herself. This may just be a phase she is going through, or something permanent…..either way, she is who she is and forcing her into dresses and pigtails would not change it.

• freya

couldn’t agree more i hate it when people say its Angelina or Brad dressing her this way when a child of that age would never be told what to ware. She’s a beautiful happy little girl who for the time being wants to be a boy, when she is older she may just be a tom boy or even a very girly girl who knows but as long as she is happy then what does it matter to any of us?

When I was little I wanted to be a boy too. I was the biggest tom boy and always spent time with my older brother and his friends so I think that’s why. Eventually I grew out of it when I was like 7, but it’s totally normal. Loved the interview, glad everything’s going good for her.

8. Hanh

The media isn’t interested in Pax for some reason so they don’t photograph him much and they probably edit him out of her comments for space reasons for this teaser piece. Even if she did have a brain fart and forgot to mention him, the interviewer if they were any good, would have asked “and Pax?” and she would have responded. I think Pax is lucky the media leaves him alone. Look at poor Shiloh. Her mom feels the need to defend her cuz of the crap she gets in the media.

I do not like the word “dude”!

10. Julita

what is it about Pax? i dont know anything

11. Cabos

Well, just as long as she and Brad are ok and support with whatever the girl wants, so be it. Just a couple of weeks ago i read that Warren Betty is not taking is too well and having a tough time dealing with his oldest daughter wanting the sex change surgery. That’s when it becomes an issue.

Cabos I would take anything the National Enquirer prints with a grain of Salt. Stephen has been dressing as a boy several years. Warren could be supportive we DK. Shiloh is 4 . I wanted to be cat when I was 4( i.e drinking milk from a bowl) , a boy when I was 5.This interview is 5-6 pages long so lets wait to the mag comes out(re: Pax).Brad did an interview where he mentioned Maddox(Ignores paparazzi )and Zahara( afraid of the paps) but didn’t mention ther other kids .

I always wanted to be a boy, I even put a tennis ball in my panties to pretend I have a bulge when I was like 5 or 6. Now I’m 30 and still sometimes wish I was a guy, but mostly on that time of the month. I’m still not totally feminine but I do love men. Can I say I feel like a gay man trapped in a female body? lol

Anyway, I’m glad they let Shiloh be whatever she wants. Forcing children to society labels and stigma can do more harm than good.

Also surprised she didn’t mention Pax, but she probably mentioned him in the rest of the interview and I don’t doubt they give special time to each of their children. I love this family!!

14. Caitlin

So many people can say they wanted to be a boy too, but it must be acknowledged that some females truly are born with something more than an occasional desire to be a boy. Some girls think like a guy, and feel horrendously trapped and unhappy in their bodies and gender. Maybe Shiloh will not be transgendered, but we can’t let our personal stories try to in a way deny the possibility that it’s more than “oh life is easier as a guy” or “as a kid I wanted to be one of the boys.” It’s sometimes truly a case of being born in the wrong body and ACTUALLY wanting to change to the “true” gender, whether through name change, sex reassignment, or other surgeries.

15. Domino

Very odd. You don’t want to do those things such as wanting to be a boy and stuff until you’re a little older, at least a year older or two. They just want to dress her so they can have “unique” children, and they are but not in a good way. This fame-whores disgust me.

16. popsykl

i wanted to be a boy……i really did from about 2. It was natural for me to wear boys clothes and have boys things, i thought i was a boy. But then i hit puberty, and i changed, literally over night into a girl. not a girly girl but a girl. I m now married and have 7 children,none are like i was, my five daughters are all girly and my boys are boys. I am not worried about shiloh at all, she will be just fine no matter what

17. nicoleC

but she IS a GIRL……
    she is smart pretty…..maybe this is just a child who loves to act like her brothes..

18. Anna

I don’t understand why people are so quick to say she might be transgender. 15 years ago that word didn’t even exist and she would just be a tomboy which imo she is now. There is no need to put such heavy labels on young children.

She has 2 older brothers, who she probably looks up to. That might be a big part of her wanting to “be a boy”.

19. violet

yeah,what about Pax then..Poor little Pax…

20. An30

She has two older brothers that she evidently (at least from pap pictures) adores….why would it be shocking that she would want to emulate them?

Also, if she is “transgendered” as some like to speculate, that is Shiloh’s parents’ cross to bear, not ours.

Most of you guys are idiots on this post. There is a difference between wanting to be a boy, and being a tomboy. Her interview was just redundant b.s. that she always preaches when she has a movie coming out. She addressed all of what was in the tabloids, even though she claims she doesn’t read them, and did it in a manner to make it seem like she has no care what others say about her. She was vague on the important issues, and gave too much info on the not so interesting issues. She is a clueless, talentless attention whore who realizes her days are numbered, and she is nearing her end. This hypocrite needs to disappear off the face of this planet already. She will NOT be missed, not even by the “millions” of people she “helped”. Go away already.

Ah yes, let the hate come NOW_(insert psychotic angry rants and comments here)______________________________