Cristiano Ronaldo: I Have A Son

Cristiano Ronaldo: I Have A Son

Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo made a surprising announcement today: He’s a dad!

The 25-year-old Portuguese footballer, whose squad was recently defeated at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, took to Twitter today to break the happy news:

It is with great joy and emotion that I inform I have recently become father to a baby boy,” he writes, adding, “As agreed with the baby’s mother, who prefers to have her identity kept confidential, my son will be under my exclusive guardianship. No further information will be provided on this subject and I request everyone to fully respect my right to privacy (and that of the child) at least on issues as personal as these are.”

Congratulations to him!

Filed under: Births,Cristiano Ronaldo

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

This is so random!!! I swear this was how Ricky Martin broke the news about becoming a father and then two years later he also announces he’s also gay!!!
    Alright Ronaldo I am waiting….

2. Da

I thought the same thing. Congrats to him.

3. luny

ME TOO. JUST LIKE RICKY MARTIN! I BET HE IS NOT COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET UNTILL THE END OF HIS CAREER.

I don’t know, 25 is awfully young to want to be a single dad… but the fact he is is suspicious in itself.. mmmhmmm.

5. dee

It’s quit possible he knocked a girl up who did not want to have a baby or raise a child at this point in her life. He has more money than he could ever need and if he wanted to keep the child himself, why not.

• Peta

First plausible theory I’ve seen on this topic.

• Annie123

I agree. Given the number of teen and young womens’ pregnancies in America and their reluctance to abort, I can very well imagine he knocked-up a girl assuming she was on the pill ( as 70% of european women are).
      The girl didn’t want the baby but still felt compelled to give birth.. Oh well at least he’s somewhat taking responsibility, or shall I say his MOM is taking responsibility lol.

wow…this is like the most shocking thing I’ve heard! It’s so random! But congrats to him because I remember recently he said he wanted to be a dad, I’m guessing the mother of his child isn’t look for fame so that’s a good thing. And seriously, he is not gay! People saying he’s gay have obviously never been to Europe or seen European men. That’s just how they are! They care about their appearance, and gel their hair, and tan. That’s their culture!

From European point of view it’s ridiculous to say that European men in generally care about their looks. There are many countries, many cultures and different men. Same take care of them som don’t. And it has nothing to do with being gay. Notions like that are old fashioned and shouldn’t have place in world. It’s like saying that black people are stupid or asians are quiet and hardworking. Cultures do affect on people and differentiate from each other but generalising in that level is only harmful.

I don’t mean to offend anyone or ridicule somebodys opinions but this irks me too much not to say anything. But I do know this is only mine opinion, even if I can speak from Europian point of view.

• eroupean

you got it baby!

7. Lora

what? really? who’s mother? surrogate mother?

i bet he left some girl pregnant and was keeping it quiet because of the world cup, he is a huge star all over the world, maybe not in the US because u have no idea about football, and he is clearly not gay, he i just an average trashy european lol

9. Pippa

It’s been going around in the news in Portugal that the mother’s an american girl he met while in the USA last year (around the same time he supposedely hooked up with Paris Hilton…), and that she was paid quite a lot of money so he could keep the baby. Also, the kid’s staying with his mum at the moment, not with him … or so they say in the news.

What? I live in Europe and I am married to an European… you mean southern European ? French, italian men ? Ah, ok…maybe a few,not portuguese man tho! lol
    The TAN, the obsession with fashion , jewlery, dude is not STRAIGHT even in the wildest european “standards” some ppl like to believe in!

Now, to the facts… he knocks up a completely random woman? I mean Cristiano is a somewhat smart boy,someone as wealthy and famous as him would know better!!!!! If it was one of his girlfriends/exes, none of which are AMERICAN btw, I´d buy it!!! And so it happens that only in the U.S. surrogacy is legal… so putting everything together and considering the suddeness and secrecy of the event, all points out to the SURROGATE!

If the child really had a proper mother it would be extremely selfish of him to only have the baby for himself… especially at the baby´s first years! We all know how narcisistic he is but even that would be to much! As for him being too young to even consider being a father, well many guys I know personally would rather have a child before their thirties, so they can still be able to enjoy their children´s young years and have peace later on in life! Well, that´s what I hear!
    And being the control freak he is, well, it´s much safer inpregnanting a surrogate (for all the legal aspects) than just your “girlfriend”, first you would have to share and would not have full control of EVERY single aspect of child´s life, not mention a possible break up, child custody fights,the media craze and millionaire alimentary pension deals!

11. LaKesha

It’s funny that everyone is shouting “gay,” as if that would be something that he would need to be ashamed about.

Gay.

awesum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!congrats

14. Dodo

Oh,congrats. I think it wonder to have a son, because you have a heritor, which continue your race. but I’m sorry you’re not single! Acabar com a vida gay e solteiro!!!

I know I’m kind of late with my comment but i have to say what I’ve heard and that is that he paid around 21 million dollars or something to the mother to have the baby for himself. How on earth could anyone accept that kind of money and not see her own baby, ever?! This is really randome, if it’s real. And I Cristiano has a reputation to keep and he don’t wont to be seens as onresponseble but still he leaves the baby to his mother and pary all night? I have nothing against Cristiano but if this rumer is true than theres a lot to say about this.

And what is up whit him beeing gay? I mean, if it would be true than so what? Everyone say it like it’s a bad thing. It would be funny and inspiring to all gay people!

16. Am really waiting 4 dis day to come,as ronaldo been a father,nd pls guys stop saying he is a gay,cant him live hs life d way he wnt it to be.congrats C.R.7.

17. pauline

Am happy for him, whether it was a surrogate or not he should be left alone in pace to raise his son in whichever way he chooses even if he is gay so what??its his life and its his rules!!!!!!!!!

18. fatima