Kelly Bensimon To Daughters: “Your Mom Gets Paid To Engage In Inappropriate Behavior”

Kelly Bensimon To Daughters: "Your Mom Gets Paid To Engage In Inappropriate Behavior"

Real Housewives of New York star Kelly Bensimon strikes a pose in the August issue of Harper’s Bazaar. In the interview, the 42-year-old mother of two young daughters – Sea, 11, and Teddy, 9 – showcases her fighting form, defends her notorious freak out during a St. John’s getaway, and describes how she teaches her girls “that being mean is not okay.”

On explaining her job to her daughters: “I’m 42, and I have this new life,” she says. “Yes, I’m more mass market. And that’s okay. It’s my job.…I’ve worked so hard. It wasn’t always lollipops and unicorns.” She adds, “I tell my girls, ‘Your mom gets paid to engage in inappropriate behavior.’ It’s an amazing opportunity for them to see that being mean is not okay. I tell them, ‘If you’re in a situation like this, walk out. Don’t come back with jelly beans.’”

On the alleged breakdown on RHONY: “I am not crazy. I am unpredictable,” Bensimon says, and adds, “I’m not in therapy.”

On her RHONY costars: “Whether it’s my nail color, my hair color, or the shoes I’m wearing, everything about me bothers them.” She adds, “They want to go to the parties I go to, they want to hang out with me, they want to do the things that I’m doing.”

Continue reading at Harper’s Bazaar

Filed under: Kelly Bensimon

Photo credit: Danielle Levitt/Harper's Bazaar

1. AnnieMouse

Your mom gets paid to engage in inappropriate behavior.’ WOW!! So as long as your getting paid it’s ok…is that what prostitutes and hit-men tell themselves too? YOU ARE ONE CRAZY BROAD!!! And p.s. Kelly, being in therapy doesn’t mean you’re crazy, it just simply means you’re getting help for something you can’t work through on your own. Therapy is bettering yourself, getting paid to ‘engage in inappropriate behavior’ is sad!

She’s a phony just like Bethenny said. Getting paid to act is one thing. Getting paid to be yourself and (supposedly) acting crazy on a reality show is another. She is crazy tho. Above she says the other housewives can’t stand anything about her yet they want everything that she has. How does that make sense????

This woman is truly pathetic! YUCK! Psycho case!

4. CM

She’s completely nuts.
    I can’t even think about her girls.
    NUTS!

She’s unstable and needs the help of a mental health professional as soon as possible.

I truly feel sorry for her because she is so unstable!

7. Tif

It’s funny. I dont think she’s unstable. I think she’s just reall really really dumb with a massive ego. I dont think she has enough brains to be unstable. irrational? yep. inconsistant? yep. i kinda feel sorry for her because she honestly doesnt get why she’s so disliked.

8. littlegem

Jelly beans? Huh? Satchels of gold?
    My diagnosis: Schizophrenia, Bi-polar, Borderline personality, + really really f-ing stupid.

Real housewives, real psychological issues? Read, join the discussion and decide for yourself!
    angelofdevs.wordpress.com

She’s absolutely insane. Somebody commit the poor woman!

O.K. BRAVO AND ANY OTHER NETWORK OR MEDIA PUBLICATION, THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS LETTING THIS WOMEN SAY TO AN 11 AND 8 YEAR OLD THAT ACTING INAPPROPRIATLY IS GREAT AS LONG AS YOU MAKE MONEY OR BECOME FAMOUS FOR IT. LOOK AT ALL THE COMMENTS FROM WHAT I AM SURE ARE MANY SMART PEOPLE, IT IS NOT FUNNY, IT IS NOT AMUSING OR ENTERTAINING BECAUSE THIS WOMAN TRULY BELIEVES THESE THINGS AND YOU GUYS (MEDIA AND NETWORKS)ARE LETTING HER GO TO KEEP SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL UNTIL SHE HURTS HERSELF OR gOD FORBID ANYONE ELSE. YOU CAN MAKE MONEY OFF OF SOMEONE ELSE WHO CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REALITY AND FANTASY…GET HER OFF THE SHOW, OUT OF MAGAZINES AND HELP HER GET THE GUIDENCE AND MEDICAL ATTENTION SHE NEEDS FOR HER SAKE AND THE SAKE OF HER CHILDREN.!
    FROM A VERY CONCERNED
    AND VIEWER!

Oh and excuse me, isn’t Kelly the one that said on the Reunion show that “Bethenny, Ramona and Alex where Dangerous because they where unpredictable” and that “All people who are unpredictable are dangerous”. You better think about it BRAVO in her twisted mind she could be for warning you that what ever dangerous or bizarr behavior she does will be your fault …Scary isnt she?