Sheryl Crow: I Did Not Adopt To Boost My Career

Sheryl Crow: I Did Not Adopt To Boost My Career

Single mom Sheryl Crow is speaking out against accusations that she only adopted her two sons – Wyatt, 3, and Levi, 2-months – in order to boost her music career.

According to ContactMusic, some online critics claim the 48-year-old singer used the adoptions for publicity purposes and to promote her new albums.

Sheryl, who brought baby Levi home just last month, tells Britain’s You magazine, “I don’t usually read what people blog about me but I’ve read some beautiful things about me and adoption and some hateful things.”

“I think people don’t understand,” she continues. “It’s not like you can go to some outlet and pick up a baby because you’ve got a record to promote.”

An adoptive mother goes through more hoops than those people who thoughtlessly become pregnant. I had about 10 adoptions fall through last year, so there was a real sense of relief when [Levi] was mine. It’s a long process and it’s fraught with uncertainty. Another person is carrying a baby and when that baby finally arrives their feelings may have changed.

The All I Wanna Do songstress opened up to Redbook shortly after welcoming her second son: “I was hoping to adopt a child when Wyatt was 2… but things always work out perfectly. They just do. Generally, when you let go of your vision of how something is supposed to be, the universe hands you exactly what you need.”

Filed under: Sheryl Crow

Photo credit: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM

So sick of self righteous ‘oh I adopted i am such a martyr’ like she is coming off here.. and the ‘get pregnant thoughtless’ thing just hammers it homes. Spare me,

2. Audrey

It is complicated to adopt in the states. My daughter and s-i-l adopted a little girl. It cost them $22,000 and would have been more if the birth mother had not had insurance to cover her pregnancy and delivery. And there is a real shortage of babies. Saying adopt older isn’t the cure all either. It still would have cost the $22,000.

“..thoughtlessly get pregnant?” Snarky sounding even if not intended… sounds like someone bitter who cannot get pregnant naturally.

career?

Who cares?

6. Hanh

Some people just really have no clue how incredibly hard it is to adopt. My friends waited five years to finally get word that a child was going to be theirs. Sheryl has enough money to keep trying again and again, but most couples can’t afford the minimum ten thousand dollar bill you end up playing for an adoption with all the fees, visits, paperwork, etc.

If they didn’t make domestic adoptions so incredibly expensive and very hard (takes a LONG time unless you have LOTS of money), more people would adopt from the United States. It is just easier and faster overseas.

7. melo1983

I think what Sheryl is doing is great! I respect that she is adopting babies from America b/c they need homes just as much as foreign children.

8. Harry

Many people thoughtlessly get pregnant. She is right. I don’t like her, but she is right.

Welcome to Freshstyleshop, the hottest urban clothing site on the net! men’s gucci shoesWe offer great products from Gucci sneakers, prada sneakers, LV shoes,cheap gucci sneaker
    True Religion Jeans and many more! Our selection of products are always increasing for Men’s arimani shoesthe fact that we have new items added weekly to our selection.
    Discount gucci handbag All products on our site are already marked down 40-60% off retail price.
    Clae Shoes for men Freshstyleshop also backs all its orders with a 110% satisfaction guarantee,
    arimani shoesmaking sure that our customers are left satisfied with the hottest products on the net.

10. will

She’s an ass. She has about as much motherly instinct as a dung beetle. She is ugly and overexposed Give us a break from your ugly face sheryl with the overly large fake teeth

11. Genie

“thoughtlessly become pregnant?” What an arrogant bitch. She is blessed that someone was willing to give her the gift of motherhood. It’s not picnic for a birth mother to give up her child and it is commendable when women realize they are unable to give a child what is needed and choose to give them up. Wow,
    Sheryl, you act like you sacrificed something. You stuck-up, delusional witch.