The Smith Family Take Berlin

The Smith Family Take Berlin

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith posed with their two kids – son Jaden, 12, and daughter Willow, 9 – along with costar Jackie Chan at The Karate Kid premiere in in Berlin, Germany on Monday (July 19). Will and Jada co-produced the film, while Jaden starred in the popular flick.

Yesterday, we saw Jaden rock his afro alongside co-star Chan. The 12-year-old star posed for pictures and then signed autographs in the German capital.

Jada recently opened up about his son’s first star role:

That experience was quite unique, and that was probably one of the most difficult projects I have worked on because this was my son’s first starring role, and it was for such a classic movie. He was working in China away from his friends and family.”

Filed under: Jada Pinkett-Smith,Jaden Smith,Will Smith,Willow Smith

Photo credit: Fame

aren’t they getting tired of all these premieres?

2. Shirilicious

The Smith family really baffles me at the moment. They’ve managed to keep the kids out of the public eye for so long and now they’re putting them on display for everybody’s viewing dis/pleasure like there’s no tomorrow. What happened?

• melo1983

Personally, I’m starting to get a little fed up with their style lol. But I still really respect Jada and Will as parents and I don’t think they’re trying to put their kids on display at all. I think that now the kids are getting older and they’re finally getting to do what they want like acting.

• Estoria

Good question! I know I am tired of viewing them so I just quickly scroll past them onto something else. I have no idea what happened but they can stop anytime now.

Jaden Smith was not “rocking an afro.” His hair is in cornrows, not an afro. What’s wrong with this reporter?

4. Sarah G.

IMO, Willow is a stunning young girl.

I wish people would stop hating on this family.

5. mslewis

You people do remember that Jaden Smith is the star of a hit movie, don’t you? All stars of movies travel the globe to promote that movie. Or, haven’t you noticed that before? I suppose that since you seem to view Jaden Smith as a “punk” or a “brat” or whatever, his travels around the world to promote his movie seem to be different from all other stars who travel the world promoting their movie. Also, I don’t recall Jada and Will ever keeping their kids out of the public eye. Since they were very small they have been showing up at Will’s movie premieres. Google them and watch how many photos there are of Willow and Jaden with their parents at everything from movie premieres to the BET awards to, whatever. Also, neither kid has ever been to a school and they travel with their parents everywhere. But I guess none of you ever noticed that because you’re all too busy criticizing Angelina and her family for traveling the world.

P.S.: If it’s too difficult for you to watch this child promoting his hit movie, why not just scroll on by when you see that a picture is coming up of the family. That might work to alleviate any pain you are suffering because of this child being in the spotlight right now. Try that, why don’t you.

I totally agree mslewis. Some people just live to complain about something. If they could only see themselves as other see them, I bet they would go away.

• Shirilicious

Come on, you can’t tell me that the children ACCOMPANYING their parents to movie premiers is the same as the parents putting them front and centre to promote the hell out of a movie. Maybe the Smiths should try some schooling. It does every child good.

And for your condescending after remark, if you get so riled up about other people’s opinions, why don’t YOU just skip the comments section all together? Up until your post the comments here on this thread were pretty decent.

Jaden is an obnoxious punk!

7. Francesca

Again!? UGH!

Enough of this family! So sick of seeing these media whores every day!

9. Aleyah