Bridget Moynahan’s Little Book Worm

Bridget Moynahan's Little Book Worm

A book lover herself, Bridget Moynahan says she’s passing on her love of literature to her son Jack, 3 next month.

“I have pictures of him looking at books and flash cards when he’s just sitting up. I have one picture where I was reading a book on Buddha and Buddhism and his face is in there, looking at the words,” Bridget boasts to USA Today.

“We went through four books,” she adds of story time the night before. “He’s known his numbers and alphabet for some time now, and it’s clearly from reading, unless he’s going to accounting school on the side.”

The movie star mom had her son with her as she worked on her latest film Ramona & Beezus, based on the wildly popular series of books by author Beverly Cleary.

“Jack was on set every day,” says the movie’s director Elizabeth Allen. “She’d dash off whenever she could. She was all warmth and kindness with him.”

A single mom – she split from Jack’s dad Tom Brady before he was born – Bridget is used to juggling work and motherhood.

“It’s just what you do. If you go from a structure where you have the support and that partner and that construction of a family and that’s broken apart, I think that’s probably a lot harder than always being a single mom and having the father being a support in another area.”

As for that very public breakup, Bridget doesn’t plan on opening up about it any time soon.

“I don’t see any upside in any of the drama being public for anyone. It’s not really my style,” she says. “At the end of the day, it’s my family. We keep it private.”

Filed under: Bridget Moynahan

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

According to Wikipedia Jack is turning 3 next month!

Love Bridget and Jack is absolutely adorable! Classy woman!

3. Mara

What a hypocrite! If she is what classy is some of you need to reevaluate the word. Any woman that uses a pregnancy to trap a man and then behaves like she has been victimized because he didn’t marry her is vile. I have no feelings of sympathy for this woman because she like Liz Hurley, Melanie Brown, and all of the others used these children to get themselves married to rich and successful men.

yep Jack is turning 3 not 2.

5. Vanessa

I like what she said about keeping it private. Some celebrities are just way too exposed.

6. carolyn

Thanks! The age has been corrected. :)

Classy – some woman just love to lament and shout out how much they have been wronged. Good for Bridget, you can always tell a classy woman.

I hate when celebrities say they are private than when their movies come out use their kids to help sell the movie. If you are private do not tell stories to the media about your son to sell a movie.

My daughter liked reading from the beginning too, she was also curious when she would see me reading. She picked up on that and is an avid reader now. She has also read Beverly Cleary books too. I was surprised most of her classmates had never heard of her. And yes- we watched Ramona and Beezus this weekend and we loved it!!! We are buying the DVD when it comes out. Joey King did and excellent job!
    She was asked a question and she answered. Bridget is a classy woman!!

my goodness, quick hating on this women. She is a single woman with a heart, love and compassion, she’s living her life. I applaud her for not lambasting her Douchbag ex in the media, she knows someday she would have to explain this to her son if she did. instead, he is stuck with explaining all the crap he and his bimbo of a wife have said about this woman.