Katie Price: Divorced Kids Are “Lucky”

Katie Price: Divorced Kids Are "Lucky"

Katie Price – who launched her new novel, Paradise, in London today (July 28) – is convinced that her children are better off now that she and ex-husband Peter Andre are no longer together.

“I think it’s probably good I split with Pete when they were so young,” explains the former glamour model. “I was about their age when my parents got divorced and I can’t even remember it, so hopefully they won’t either.”

They’re lucky really, all kids with divorced parents are lucky because they get extra Christmas presents and trips out and two sets of birthday presents.

Katie is mom to 5-year-old Junior and 3-year-old Princess Tiaamii with her ex-husband, and to son Harvey, 8, with former soccer star Dwight Yorke.

Now married to cage fighter Alex Reid, the 32-year-old star claims she isn’t as popular since her split from Andre is May 2009: “I think it’s absolute nonsense that I’m not as popular as I used to be,” says Katie. “People are intrigued by me. My life is like a film and I get portrayed as the baddie all the time.”

Filed under: Katie Jordan Price

Photo credit: Flynet

1. Carrie

Wow. How warped can you be? Apparently a lot!

Spoken like a true airhead!!

3. Danielle

My parents divorced when I was 2. And it still affected me. It broke my mum and we always struggled for money. Saying that we were better off without my dad as he was ass**** but I would have given up everything for a stable family home.

No comment to this complete airhead

5. Sophia

She is tragic. She looks like a malformed Barbie. And to say that children from broken homes are lucky because they get two sets of presents rather than one is totally ridiculous. Clearly happy, co-habiting parents who love one another trump extra presents.

just remember that not every child gets the benefit of happy, co-habiting parents, and you can’t force them to get along for the sake of the kids. It doesn’t work that way, and kids are far better off if their parents loudly hate each other under the same roof on a daily basis.

6. melo1983

All I can say is “UGHHHH”

7. HLBronson

A true class-act right there.
    Intrigued? No, we’re laughing at you.

She looks ridiculous in the bathing costume, her body looks totally deformed.

A child doesn’t need presents, he needs love and stability!!!

peter is better off with out her more like. she needs 2 like after her kids more and not think about her self all the time.peter should have all the kids with him they would have more love from him than what they have from her she never got them with her 2 know what its like 2 be a mum .she shouldnt have more kids till she can show she can look afer the ones she got

She is so ridiculous! ARe you kidding me? Extra Christmas presents make up for your parents not rasing you together…come on!!!

12. Jack109

While I don’t agree that children of divorce are “luckier”. I do think that if two people are unhappy with each other that they shouldn’t stay married just for the kids. An unhappy home is far worse than two separate homes.

What a complete idiot. She wonders why she isn’t popular? Because she says completely inane things like this. What about the kids that live with a single mom, and no child support, and have to go without? I cannot believe that this jerk is allowed to spew this garbage.

14. Rebecca

what an asshole! i grow up without my dad cause my parents divorced… i wasn’t so lucky …

She comes in my place of work and she is so rude, like we owe her something. NOT. Yes I do watch her TV programmes because it amazeies me how she gets away with speaking to people the way she does.

16. Sara

I’ve never wanted to punch someone in the face as much as right now. I’m seriously breaking into a rage sweat as we speak.

Stupid asshole, moronic whore!

I consider myself relatively lucky as a child of divorce, but it has nothing to do with presents (because I never got ‘double’) – it has to do with the fact that my parents who were ALWAYS fighting and hated living together STOPPED hating, and STOPPED fighting after the divorce. If the tabloids are correct, Katie’s kids don’t know what that feels like.

18. Peta

THAT’S why children of divorce are luckier? ‘Double presents’? Please let it be that her comment was taken out of context, because that is the dumbest utterance I’ve ever read.

Just when you think you’ve heard the worst thing possible, someone always manages to prove you wrong. I hope this is just some irresponsible journalism and she did not actually say this and mean it.

20. Kayla Newberg

Before I say what I think of this trash, let me just preface my opinion by saying that I have two wonderful, exceptional parents who love me very much and a very loving stepfather who I would not trade for anything in the world. That being said- children of divorce are not “lucky” for having “double presents”. What an asinine assumption and if that’s how Katie feels, it doesn’t reflect on most children of divorce- it just proves that, even as a child, Katie was unintelligent, shallow, and possessed a character of exceedingly poor quality.

I am lucky to have two wonderful parents and a wonderful stepfather but there is enough pain and suffering for children of divorce even WITH two parents who manage to get along well enough (and Katie & Peter have made it pretty clear that don’t.) I am not saying that parents who don’t love each other and who can’t stop fighting should stay together, and I’m not saying that I don’t realize how blessed any child with good parents is, even if they are divorced. What I AM saying is that divorce hurts, and continues to hurt, forever. No amount of “double presents” would make that hurt go away. If she really cares about how her kids are doing, maybe she should stop trying to financially compete with her ex-husband for her childrens’ affection and just stop being so revolting.

21. BobaFett

Only one word came to my mind: idiot. Utter and complete IDIOT. Just go away Katie. Please.

Why would you guys even post an article about this woman. She is a no talent piece of crap and how stupid must you be to say my kids will be better off and think that 2 christmas’s makes kids ok with divorce. I will agree its not always good to stay together in bad situations but less then a year later she was remarried! I doubt this girl has her children in mind when shes making these “great” decisions. Ridiculous!

all the presents in the world doesn’t make up 4 the loss of ur parents divorcing-unconditional love is priceless! she should of put all the attention caring for her kids not getting another bloke and marrying him-how long had she split from pete? she wants another baby,she can’t be bothered with the three she’s got.

23. The Boss

NEVER DID LIKE THIS CHICK!

no coming back from this one……..