Lily Allen Is Pregnant!

Lily Allen Is Pregnant!

Singer Lily Allen has announced that she’s pregnant with her first child with boyfriend Sam Cooper! The pop singer has been dating Sam since last summer.

It brings me great pleasure to tell you that Sam and I are expecting our first child. It goes without saying that we are both absolutely delighted.

Reports say that Lily is around three-months along, which would put the baby’s due date sometime in early 2011.

This is joyous news for Lily, who suffered a heartbreaking miscarriage in January 2008 after becoming pregnant by Ed Simons of the Chemical Brothers.

Congratulations to the soon-to-be parents!

Filed under: Lily Allen,Pregnancy Watch

Photo credit: Fame Pictures

1. klutzy_girl

Congratulations to them! I really hope everything goes well this time around.

2. Anonymous123

Awh, yay! :-) I’m so happy for her.

3. Shirilicious

I don’t know. I don’t think she’s mentally stable enough to raise a child but hopefully pregnancy and being responsible for another human being will change that.

Courtney, there’s no right way to feel about a miscarriage. And wouldn’t she be dishonoring the child she’s carrying now by downplaying the pregnancy, just because she lost the last child? Plus there have been rumors about her being pregnant for weeks so now that’s she at the second trimester, she’s just being honest. I’m happy for her.

5. AnnieMouse

Yeay!! I’m so happy for her…I wish her a happy healthy pregnancy!!

6. Courtney

not neccessarily and I know there’s no right way to grieve for a loss like that. but I vaguely remember how scared my mother was when she was pregnant with my younger brother because he would’ve been her third as after I was born she was pregnant again a month later and miscarried at 10 weeks. so I was using that as a rule of thumb. or other celebs that have gone through it and admitted years later to feeling skittish with their first pregnancy after a miscarriage or even multiple ones as Sophia Loren for example.

7. zodwa

Have we included this in our celeb feature?

• Casey

Holy smokes Lily girl! She’s so smart and mature, plus I can see her being very maternal-y. Yet, she has such a baby face. She’s going to age well, that Lily. Can’t say the same for the soon-to-be father.

8. Hannah.J

That is such good news, Congratulations to the couple.

9. Courtney

Congrats To Lily and her boyfriend. but I feel like they announced it too early after what she went through the last time with the miscarriage. usually after a woman goes through something that heart wrenching she’s skittish about announcing/celebrating a new pregnancy. because she feels like it’s betraying the child she lost. and one can never replace another.

Having a miscarriage does not and should not prevent you from announcing a new pregnancy – I had a miscarriage last year and when I fell pregnant with the baby I am carrying now I couldn’t wait to tell the world – I was 3 months too when I announced my current pregnancy.

People deal with things in different ways.

11. Louise

Aah congratulations to Lily!

Also, she hasn’t actually said how far along she is, and from the pics i’ve seen (www.thesun.co.uk, amongst other places), she looks to be showing already, and it wouldnt surprise me if she was actually much further along – maybe 4-5 months… only time will tell i guess!