Happy 9th Birthday Maddox Jolie-Pitt!

Happy 9th Birthday Maddox Jolie-Pitt!

Name: Maddox Chivan Jolie-Pitt

Date of Birth: August 5, 2001

Parents: Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt

Siblings: Pax Thien (11/29/03), Zahara Marley (01/08/05), Shiloh Nouvel (05/26/06), Knox Léon and Vivienne Marcheline (07/12/08)

Facts:

• Maddox was born in Cambodia as Rath Vibol
  • He initially lived in an orphanage in Battambang until being adopted by Angelina and her second husband, Billy Bob Thornton, on March 10, 2002
  • After their divorce, Angie was granted full custody of Maddox
  • In December 2005 it was confirmed that Brad Pitt was seeking to legally adopt Angelina’s two children, Maddox and Zahara
  • On January 19, 2006 a judge granted the request to change the children’s last names to Jolie-Pitt

Quote from Parent:
“He changed everything, but in the most wonderful way. Everything that should matter, matters. He’s absolutely the center of my life.” – Angelina on her first adopted child.

“[He's] very smart but he’s got a certain sense of calm.” – Angelina, on Maddox’s personality.

Filed under: Birthdays,Maddox Jolie-Pitt

Photo credit: Mike/Fame Pictures

1. mslewis

I can’t believe he’s nine already!! Maddox has always seem so self-assured and mature. Happy birthday.

2. Athina

There’s something just so sweet about this boy. He really seems like a lovely child.

3. Barbara

Nine yrs already?! Wow, times goes fast!

Happy bday Maddox!

He was cute when he was a baby with a Mohawk. That was also when angie looked her best. She looks way too skinny and unhappy now.

5. léa

Why did they change the boy’s name – and also Pax’s and Zahara’s – when they adopted him? And I’m not talking about the last name. The point is, once a child has been named, it’s that kid’s first name and when you adopt it, you adopt the child the way it is – with its genes and past and name. I would have never changed the name of my beautiful daughter from India, even though her name is not a very “common” one here in France.

6. Tazina

Adoptive parents have the right to re-name their new child.

• léa

Having the legal right of doing something and doing the right thing are two totally different things. Besides, I wasn’t questioning their right, but just asking why they would do it because I can’t understand it.

7. Audrey

Glad my adopted granddaughter’s name was changed or she would be called “Baby Girl”. All parents have a right to name their child and unless the child is old enough to complain it certainly is not wrong. After all the last name is really being changed.

My parents changed my adopted siblings first and middle names when they were adopted (and they were all older child adoptions). All of them got to pick out the name they wanted (off a list compiled by my parents of course) and they were thrilled. They thought it was awesome that they got to choose their own names. I remember my bio sister and I were all sorts of jealous because we didn’t get to choose our names. LOL

9. Jules

woah! 9 already?!?! that’s crazy.

Happy Birthday Maddox, enjoy your day! :-)

Happy Birthday Maddox enjoy your day!

Happy Birthday Maddox enjoy your day!

13. hopeso

Happy Birthday to Maddox, and God Bless Angie and her whole family!!!!

Happy Birthday Maddox, hope you had a great day. One correction-BillyBob has admitted that he never adopted Maddox, only Angelina did. That’s why there was no custody issue involved concerning Maddox when Angelina and BBT divorced. Maddox’s only father is Brad Pitt.

Happy belated birthday to Maddox Jolie-Pitt! Hard to believe that he´s already 9 years old! How fast the time flies. He just was this tiny little baby boy and now he´s a big boy! Hope he had a wonderful day with his family.