Jennifer Aniston: Women Don’t Need To Settle To Have Children

Jennifer Aniston: Women Don't Need To Settle To Have Children

Actress Jennifer Aniston, whose latest role sees her portraying a woman who decides to get pregnant using a sperm donor, defended her character’s choice during a press conference held at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills on Sunday (August 8).

“Women are realizing it more and more knowing that they don’t have to settle with a man just to have that child,” said the former Friends star. “Times have changed and that is also what is amazing is that we do have so many options these days, as opposed to our parents’ days when you can’t have children because you have waited too long.”

The point of the movie is what is it that defines family? It isn’t necessarily the traditional mother, father, two children and a dog named Spot,” she said. “Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere. That is what I love about this movie. It is saying it is not the traditional sort of stereotype of what we have been taught as a society of what family is.

The 41-year-old star went on to confirm that she still wants to have children someday. “Yeah, I have said it year before and I still say it today,” she said, when asked if she’d ever like to start a family.

She will not, however, follow her characters lead in using a sperm donor: “I don’t have plans on that, no.”

The Switch, costarring Jason Bateman, hits theatres August 20.

Filed under: Jennifer Aniston

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Huh? Jennifer Aniston is talented? She plays Rachel in every movie. She has no range. I agree that she is pretty. Not beautiful but pretty enough. She is also really boring. I can’t sit through any interview that she gives. Yawn. I have no idea why her movies get greenlite. They don’t make any money. She can’t carry a movie anymore. I think her next movie with be a hit though because of Jason Bateman and the little kid. You can replace Jennifer Aniston with any other no-name actress and this movie would still do well.

I agree with the last comment. I don’t even bother seeing her movies anymore. She was HORRIBLE in Marley and Me–very unconvincing. What’s sad is that this was one of her more succesful films. She was outshined by the dog. How sad.

3. Don-B-Fool

I agree with her that you don’t need a man to have child/ren these days…but the movie she is making is a romance type of movie so the child will most likely have his father in his life and Aniston and Bateman will end up together. So, the movie might still show the traditional type of family in the end.

4. Don-B-Fool

5. Don-B-Fool

6. Don-B-Fool

The only thing boring is the poster that keeps telling us how boring they find Jennifer Aniston, yet finds the time to hit every web site and tell us they find Jennifer boring. How boring.

8. Cabos

Even if she’s “boring” as some of you claim, she has a point. I don’t care about the movie, but she’s right.

Yeah this is coming from a woman whose husband left her because she DIDN’T want kids! Please. I highly doubt she’ll ever have a baby.

What’s your point. I am the person that called her boring and I stand by that comment. I am not sure what websites you think I post on other than this one. If people on other websites are calling her boring then maybe their is some validity to my point. Do you think that I am posting the exact same comment on all the websites that you visit. Do you think I am staking you. Pulease. You sound ridiculous.

Maybe you find Angelina Fishlips/Bad Surgery, screwed up in the head, fantasizes about letting out her children’s blood so she can wear it in vials more interesting? But then again, maybe sickos who did their own brothers ARE.

Her husband left because she had a miscarriage not because she didn’t want them!

I don’t think she had a miscarriage. I just don’t think she wants kids. She has issues with her own mother and I believe that is what is preventing her from having kids. I don’t think she is maternal. I don’t think she will ever have kids. She is just a talking head who is trying to promote her movie. Something happened to her as a child. I don’t know alot about her. It’s very unusual for someone who is young and in a loving relationship to not want children. I feel sorry for her. She just doesnt seem happy.

She did have a miscarriage it is a widely known thing. Google it! You seem unable to accept it.. It is her decision if she will have children and when. Get over yourself!

The miscarriage story originated from the National Enquirer, it is not based on fact. In the same issue the National Enquirer claimed that Aniston was adopting a baby boy named Alexander and would have him home by December 2008. So you can see how plausible the story is.

so true! absolutely

15. melo1983

Amen sista!!!!

The National Enquirer isn’t the only source. Why is it so hard to believe that she did and that their marriage took blow from that. Like so many people is this world!

The National Enquirer generated the story originally and if anyone else is carrying the story, they used the Enquirer as their source. Please point me toward an actual interview Jennifer or Brad gave indicating that a miscarriage took place, rather than just hearsay or conjecture. If such an interview exists I’m sure you won’t have any trouble finding it, because it would be big news.

17. Maya

I Agree 100% with Jen!
    She is the most Beautiful, Talented and most Lovely Actress in Hollywood!!!!!
    I LOVE HER SOOOOO MUCCCCHHHHH!!!<33333

Jen’s 1# Fan:)
    Maya:)

18. Whos_your_father?

this woman is troubled. she’s too far deep into the lala world its ridiculous. i understand single mothers where the father is non existent but women taking it upon themselves to have children with serial numbers as names for the fathers??? talk about mark of the beast…OKAY THERE! this world is becoming a craphole. the book of romans is God sent everyone should read it (romans were once idolizers). secular people are so blind its not even funny. so keep bashing on the TRUTH. turn your cheek away from what’s true. make up monkey tales about where we originated from. but understand that you were once told the truth. and Lord will judge you for that. don’t look to others and call them hypocrites because we all fail we’re so imperfect and was created that way so that we may look to the one who is perfect…but it’s about your own salvation. lust is the biggest hinderance to the walk in truth. think about it. mothers who are not in Christ shouldn’t complain about why their children are exposed to such explicitness. it’s the doings of their culture and their secular views. we’re raising idolizers and not children of God. end times will happen within the next couple of lifetimes. what have you done to prepare for Him? oh and for those of you who may think i’m all sorts of crazies…i’m not. i’ve lived a life full of sin- lust, selfishness, gossip, drugs, and lies…i’m a mom of 1 now married for 4 years and with a successful career and ready to do God’s will. “God is love..” So my point is discover the truth not only for you but for your children and the future generations for they will live during the chaotic times. read the living word and you’ll see how God will work in you…many people will bash Him but do they really know who they’re bashing? Have they studied the word? really? I think not. Unlike like other religions, real children of God pray every moment for all the non believers earnestly and whole heartedly did you know that? we pray for mercy and salvation for the lost. what other religion does that for people who they don’t know…out of reverence for Christ we should love one another.

19. Residenttroll

Her idea of woman of “having” a baby is like “having” a household pet.