LeBron James Hopes Sons Will “Follow In My Footsteps”

LeBron James Hopes Sons Will "Follow In My Footsteps"

LeBron James‘ longtime girlfriend, Savannah Brinson opens up to Harper’s Bazaar about their move to Miami. Savannah poses in New York City, with sons LeBron Jr., 5 1/2, who shows off his basketball skills, and Bryce Maximus, 3. Read below to hear about LeBron’s hopes for their sons’ future:

On the move to Miami: “Personally, Miami was not my favorite place. Vacationing there is great: You go for three days and get some sun, and it’s time to go home. It will definitely be an adjustment, but we’ll make it. We’re not complaining. Whatever LeBron felt was comfortable, I’m with him. I just love him so much. We’re soul mates.”

LeBron Jr. on his future in the NBA: “I’m going to play in the NBA,” he announces proudly. His mother explains, “He sees his dad playing and he thinks it’s cool. But he can do whatever he wants to do in life. He doesn’t have to walk in his father’s footsteps.”

LeBron Sr. on his sons playing basketball: “Well, like any father, I would hope that they would follow in my footsteps. That would be a great story—and as a father, I would be on cloud nine every day. Ultimately, though, only the big man above knows their future. They do have lots of talent, though.”

Continue reading at Harper’s Bazaar

Filed under: LeBron James

Photo credit: Douglas Friedman for Harper's Bazaar

1. Marilyn

On a Cleveland TV sports news show last week, it was stated that she’s staying in Cleveland with the boys and only LeBron is moving, so I’m not sure what the deal is now. They also said they have many RELIABLE sources that say he treats her like crap in public, which is horrible.

She wants her sons to be like LeBron? Like how? A traitor? This guy is nothing but an egotistical, self centered, overpaid piece of $h!t. He knocked her up twice but wouldn’t marry her though. I guess why buy the pig if you can get the bacon for free.

um. he didn’t knock her up anymore than she GOT knocked up. it takes two the tango. take the aggression elsewhere. thanks.

He knocked her up, she got knocked up, what’s the damn difference?????

she’s an idiot. they’re “soul mates”? yeah okay, that’s why he won’t marry you -because he never wants you to have half of his wealth.

6. lig

didn’t she meet him before he became famous? and he’s still with her when he could buy almost any woman he wants. and she’s sure enjoying all of his wealth now.. plus they have kids so she would be living very well if they split. and i hear he’s faithful which is much more than you can say for most of the married me in the NBA.

hey, they seem happy to me.

• Marilyn

I’m not sure he’s faithful, people said they’ve seen him trying to pick up girls at clubs in Cleveland and doing other things, unless they’re lying.

Why such venom and animosity? He has every right to leave Cleveland if he so desires. Slavery was over last time I checked. And as for the “pig” as you call her. She is not the first and certainly not the last girl to get pregnant. Is Bristol Palin a pig? How about Britney Spears, Christina Applegate, Jessica Alba, Salma Hayaek, Camila Alves, Nicole Ritchie, Angelina Jolie, Jamie Lynn Spears, Goldie Hawn, Susan Sarandon, Farrah Fawcet, Anna Nicole Smith, Halle Berry, Isla Fischer, Brooke Burke, Vanessa Paradis (Johnny Depp’s gf),–the list goes on and on and on. It crosses all racial and socio-economic barriers. I guess the world is populated by pigs.

Why such venom and animosity? He has every right to leave Cleveland if he so desires. Slavery was over last time I checked. He has every right to chose his employer. Just as I have a right to choose mine.

And as for the “pig” as you call her. She is not the first and certainly not the last girl to get pregnant out of wedlock. Is Bristol Palin a pig? How about Britney Spears, Christina Applegate, Jessica Alba, Salma Hayaek, Camila Alves, Nicole Ritchie, Angelina Jolie, Jamie Lynn Spears, Goldie Hawn, Susan Sarandon, Farrah Fawcet, Anna Nicole Smith, Halle Berry, Isla Fischer, Brooke Burke, Vanessa Paradis (Johnny Depp’s gf),–the list goes on and on and on. It crosses all racial, generational, and socio-economic barriers. I guess the world is populated by pigs.

Sorry for the double post-I didn’t think my message was uploaded.

Well, she’s got the right shoes for Miami. Classy.

11. Issues in Sports

I respect his talent. I respect that in his post-game he has given freely of his time.It will definitely be an adjustment, but we’ll make it.