Bethenny Frankel: Gisele Bündchen’s Breastfeeding Comment Was “Absurd”

Bethenny Frankel: Gisele Bündchen's Breastfeeding Comment Was "Absurd"

Move over Kelly Bensimon and Jill Zarin, Bethenny Frankel has a new bone to pick! This time it’s with Victoria Secret model Gisele Bündchen and her “absurd” comment.

Bravo star Frankel was one of the many moms outraged by Bündchen’s recent comments about breastfeeding. After talking about her out-of-this-world postnatal weight loss, the supermodel mom, 30, said, “I think there should be a worldwide law, in my opinion, that mothers should breastfeed their babies for six months.”

Frankel told Us what she thinks about the model mom’s statement.

It’s the most absurd thing I’ve ever heard. Breastfeeding is one of the most rewarding experiences, but it isn’t for everyone.”

To be fair, Bündchen released a statement after this controversial comment following a public outcry. “Everyone has their own experience…I’m not here to judge,” she blogged.

Frankel opened up to Celebrity Baby Scoop about the challenges of breastfeeding.

[It] is the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. It’s so time-consuming and you really don’t have your own life…not that having a child you have your own life anyway. I haven’t even taken a shower today…. It’s worth the sacrifice and I love it and I love the time with her and I know it’s healthy…. It’s rewarding, but it’s definitely challenging.”

Frankel and husband Jason Hoppy welcomed their first child, daughter Brynn in May, while Bündchen and husband Tom Brady’s son Benjamin was born last December.

Filed under: Bethenny Frankel,Gisele Bundchen

Photo credit: Startraks / Bauer Griffin

Does anyone care what Bethenny Frankel says about anything? I know I do not even know who she is let alone what constitutes her as a “celebrity.” But Gisele needs to just shut up. First potty training her son before he can actually sit up by himself and touting her techniques and now saying breastfeeding should be a law? She is just proving she is all looks and NO brains!

• Moore1

She obviously has brains somewhere. It’s quite possible to get a child to the potty that early. Elimination Communication is not a new concept nor is half the other things she talks about.

2. Carrie

Bethanny is a walking example of what NOT to do as a parent and a person…
    Gisele is a beautiful, natural,successful woman. I’ll listen to her over Franken any day.

• Grace

What has Bethany done that’s an example of what not to do? I’ve only watched her show a few times and read a few interviews of hers and while I don’t think you can tell if someone is a good Mom from a few scenes on a show and a few interviews, I didn’t see anything that made her seem like a bad mother either. So I’m curious what is it that you’re referring to that makes her a bad mom.

3. melo1983

One time I actually agree with Bethenny lol

Sorry but I agree with Bethenny, she’s a wonderful mom to Bryn which is made unbelievably clear on her show. She loves that baby more than anything, Gisele is just trying to make her child seem smarter than any other child in the world but all she is doing is making herself look OBNOXIOUS. Just because breast feeding is what doctors recommend doesn’t mean every mom can do it, some don’t produce milk, others its just to hard for because of work, and some babies are allergic to milk like Josie Duggar who was breast fed and it caused many complications because they didn’t know she was allergic. Sorry but Gisele is wrong, you can’t FORCE people to breast feed just because its what SHE thinks its rewarding.

Jose Duggar? Someone watches way too much tv. lol.

Um hello Josie Duggar and her family have been in the news a ton and it was well known she was allergic to her mom Michelle’s breast milk after they found out that’s what was making her sick. My point in stating that fact was to well make a point hello, not all kids can drink milk. Some kids are lactose intolerant so a mom cannot breast feed them. that was my point, I used Josie as an example. Okay?

• Anonymouse

Babies are not allergic to their mothers milk- if a baby is having a reaction, it is due to something that is being passed through the milk; cow’s milk protein is most common.

I agree with Bethany. I wouldn’t believe a word that came out of that over-hyped, overrated whatever she is mouth.

I agree with Bethenny. Gisele needs to shut up she’s such an arrogant idiot!

Wow, Giselle has really ruffled some feathers with her recent statement when the public agrees with a reality star…I don’t watch her show but I know one thing, I cannot stand GISELE with her holier than thou attitude. I don’t give a crap if she’s a super-model or has $ millions and millions–those things have no bearing on me. She just needs to keep quiet and when she does a photo spread for a magazine, please no talk just pose. so yes iI’m behind Bethenny!!!!

You know, I criticized Gisele’s comment about making breastfeeding a law, but I actually have far, far more respect for her than for Bethenny.

Breastfeeding is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life, she says?! It’s so time-consuming and I feel like I don’t have my own life, she whines…!

She’s horribly selfish and self-centered, and I wish the whole Housewife franchise would just go away. At least Gisele has done stuff in her life, and is an interesting person.

10. tom

aerial form imports being international function from China count on replaced domestic exercise further consequently emolument close to a million jobs. But ropes hardy contrast,golf equipment wholesale imports from international trade, both in, Tiffany Jewelry wholesale services further freight bamboo fiber bathrobe has silently contributed fame beijing escort terms of pauperized overheads which Watch Brands chance is unfortunately not highlighted. On the legitimate side, bamboo fiber clothing international specialty exposes internal firms to cut-throat powwow and forces companies to system desolate on premiums they hot for years.

11. EBC

Breastfeeing is a personal choice that every mother should be able to make without everyone else trying to influence their decision. It has been proven that it is “best” for baby but that is a generalization and as stated before it might not be for all babies or all moms. I don’t think gisele meant any harm and I agree that if you can nurse then you should…..now a law is a little much but sometimes you have to exaggerate a point to get it across;) as for bethenny…..I am a fan of her show and I think she comes across as a great mother…let’s face it none of us are perfect but as moms we try our best everyday….isn’t that what really matters?

12. twadieagrb

wdhmuy eujpoptjrijz, [url=http://ywczuutbyvel.com/]ywczuutbyvel[/url], [link=http://wnmiebjojwio.com/]wnmiebjojwio[/link], http://cblkgswyvypc.com/

Yes, breastfeeding can be a b*tch when you’re all loaded up with silicone. @@

Why is Bethenny so concerned with what Gisele is doing? This is the second time she has come criticizing Gisele. First over her home birth and now this.

Bethenny needs to worry about her own life, and stop washing her dirty laundry with her mother for cash.

15. Moore1

Whats absurd is that people were so busy taking the comment at face value that they missed the point and the fact that it was her own opinion not something she was actually going to get turned into a law. Bethenny has started annoying me.

Who is she? And why do we care what she ha sto say about about Gisele?
    I think there is a lot of insecurity and cattiness going around in regards to Gisele.

it’s the joker………..no sorry it’s Bethenny

Welcome to Freshstyleshop, the hottest urban clothing site on the net! men’s gucci shoesWe offer great products from Gucci sneakers, prada sneakers, LV shoes,cheap gucci sneaker
    True Religion Jeans and many more! Our selection of products are always increasing for Men’s arimani shoesthe fact that we have new items added weekly to our selection.
    Discount gucci handbag All products on our site are already marked down 40-60% off retail price.
    Clae Shoes for men Freshstyleshop also backs all its orders with a 110% satisfaction guarantee,
    arimani shoesmaking sure that our customers are left satisfied with the hottest products on the net.

Welcome to Freshstyleshop, the hottest urban clothing site on the net! [url=http://www.guccisneaker.us]men’s gucci shoes[/url]We offer great products from Gucci sneakers, prada sneakers, LV shoes,[url=http://www.guccisneaker.us]cheap gucci sneaker[/url][/b]
    True Religion Jeans and many more! Our selection of products are always increasing for [url=http://www.guccisneaker.us]Men’s arimani shoes[/url]the fact that we have new items added weekly to our selection.
    [url=http://www.guccisneaker.us]Discount gucci handbag[/url] All products on our site are already marked down 40-60% off retail price.
    [url=http://www.guccisneaker.us]Clae Shoes for men[/url] Freshstyleshop also backs all its orders with a 110% satisfaction guarantee,
    [url=http://www.guccisneaker.us]arimani shoes[/url]making sure that our customers are left satisfied with the hottest products on the net.

Some people worry too much about other babys milk source;why not milk hummingbirds and feed it to the babies….. or better yet expresso lol!

23. bruins jerseys