Jennifer Aniston Fires Back At Bill O’Reilly

Jennifer Aniston Fires Back At Bill O'Reilly

Friends star Jennifer Aniston has a few choice words for conservative host Bill O’Reilly, who criticized her recent comments about single motherhood.

Of course, the ideal scenario for parenting is obviously two parents of a mature age. Parenting is one of the hardest jobs on earth,” Jennifer tells People. “And, of course, many women dream of finding Prince Charming (with fatherly instincts), but for those who’ve not yet found their Bill O’Reilly, I’m just glad science has provided a few other options.”

Jennifer, 41, who is currently starring in The Switch, a film about a woman who gets pregnant using a sperm donor, recently said that women no longer have to wait for the perfect man to start a family.

“Women are realizing it more and more, knowing that they don’t have to settle with a man just to have that child,” the actress said. “Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere.”

On his Fox News show, The O’Reilly Factor, Bill called Jennifer’s comments “destructive to our society,” and said she is “diminishing the role of the dad.”

“Dads bring a psychology to children that is in this society, I believe, under-emphasized,” he said. “I think men get hosed all day long in the parental arena.”

Filed under: Jennifer Aniston

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin / INFdaily.com

1. Julia725

hahaha.

2. Cabos

My problem with this whole thing is that O’Reilly is treating this issue as if it was something brand new or said publicly for the first time. For heaven sakes, this has been going on for AGES now. Why is O’Reilly now panicking over something that’s been going on for so long???

Aside from that, i think Jennifer gave a good answer. Seriously Mr. O’Reilly you need to STFU and get real.

3. goGIRL

GOOD for you Jennifer! That is why I like you so much! O’reilley is such a FOOL. Oh well, he’ll die soon.

Good answer! It’s sad that most humans have a fixed one-way view of the world and can’t accept something different from what they know.

5. Anon1

Ha ha ha, O’ Reilly, you got owned

6. Heart

I agree with Jennifer…it’s a new day and time. A lot of women are doing things on their own..and not everyone is blessed to find a “special” someone to have a family, home with a picket fence and a dog. Bill claiming that Jen is setting a bad example for teenagers, I’m trying to figure out why a teenager would be THINKING about becoming a parent anyway?! That alone needs to be addressed within the family, not through Jen. Furthermore, Jen is talking about grown women with careers and who have a life of their own, such as herself. Not little girls. I think Bill jumped the gun on this one, but that’s how he is so I’m not a bit suprised..

7. Shirilicious

That’s the best answer ever!

8. Cari

HAHAHA!! How will Bill get his foot out of his mouth this time?

9. olntlgzskc

cUGnp4 yzethkzghuhw, [url=http://cqyoeworfdah.com/]cqyoeworfdah[/url], [link=http://wyvrybpafviu.com/]wyvrybpafviu[/link], http://ndthgffebhks.com/

10. ljss

Well said Jennifer…as an older unmarried woman I wholeheartedly agree and intend to make use of science.

Where are all the commenters knocking her down now?

• Mig

I’m happy to ‘knock her down,’ if by that you mean, disagree with her.

She’s looking at the whole issue from a self-centered point of view.
      The optimum thing for the child is to be raised in a healthy two-parent family.
      (She agrees).
      But then she basically says something to the effect of, “If I can’t find my Prince Charming, I’m going to do the less than optimum thing for the child. And if anyone says that it’s less than the optimum thing, I’m going to call them unreasonable (among other things), even though I agree with them that it’s less than optimum.”

“It’s about me and what I want, even though it’s less than optimum for the child.” That’s what she’s saying, but she doesn’t want to admit it (to herself and us). And if anyone says that it’s not the best thing for the child, then even though they’re saying what I agree with, I’m going to make it look like they’re the bad guy, because I want what I want.

(And it’s not just about the amount of work. Fathers are very underrated in our society, unfortunately.)

12. CocoPictures