Bethenny Frankel’s Breastfeeding Guilt

Bethenny Frankel's Breastfeeding Guilt

Parade magazine recently caught up with new mom Bethenny Frankel, who was happy to dish on her darling daughter Bryn, 3 months, and explain why she feels “like a failure” when it comes to breastfeeding.

On baby Bryn: “We sing for an hour every day. I sing to her, and Bryn sings back. We sing Rihanna, Pink, gangsta rap. And I am loving using Bryn’s baby wipes. They are at the top of my list of mommy must-haves. Baby wipes are great for everything! For wiping baby’s butts, as an eye makeup remover, to wipe the counter, to clean my hands at the airport – just everything. You know how when you’re washing your face, you get makeup all over your white towels, then you can’t get it off? That makes me crazy. So now, I use baby wipes. Also, I’m a bath person – a big bath person. I take baths with Bryn – but first I take my own bath so the water is really clean.”

On breastfeeding: “I’m 10% breastfeeding now. And I feel guilty about that and like a failure. I’m using powdered Similac, so I can control the water. I did buy nipple cream, but never used it. I never really had chafey, chapped nipples.”

On baby #2: “Jason wants to have another baby, and I don’t. So that’s another problem. For now, I’m storing Bryn’s baby clothes in those big Ziploc bags, which I buy at drugstore.com so I don’t have to go out. I hate leaving the house! I don’t like transacting with people. If I don’t have to go out, I don’t. I’m in pajamas all day – in bed, in pajamas, and working. Jason says, ‘Why do we need a house?’”

Filed under: Bethenny Frankel

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. ivy2

10% breastfeeding is better than a lot of moms out there, she shouldn’t feel guilty. i realize some moms can’t do it for certain reasons, but too many don’t do it just because they don’t feel like it.
    any amount of breastmilk is good for the baby, and the mom.

She looks like Gilda Radner’s retarded sister.

3. Tazina

I see nothing wrong with her interview and I hardly think she was promoting any product. I always say “kleenex” for tissue…it doesn’t mean I’m plugging a product even though the term of reference is a brand name. Same with “ziploc” bags – that’s a brand name but it is what I call them. She’s just sharing what comes to her mind about life with her new baby.

4. KELLS

LOVE BETHENNY AND HER BLUNT HONESTY.

PEOPLE SHE MEANT TAKES HER BATH FIRST THEN DRAINS AND CLEANS SO SHE CAN HAVE A CLEAN TUB FOR HER BATH TIME WITH HER BABY GIRL!
    YOU PEOPLE ARE SO JUDGEMENTAL ON HERE AND IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT I BELIEVE YOU ARE JEALOUS, BECUASE THERE IS NO OTHER REASON FOR IT. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT PARENTS AND MOST OF YOU AREN’T AS BEAUTIFUL AS MRS. HOPPY AT 40, HELL EVEN 30!
    THIS IS HER FIRST BABY AND MAYBE HER LAST LET HER HAVE HER OPINION AND SHARE IT IF SHE LIKES WITHOUT RIPPING HER A NEW ONE ALL THE TIME!
    YOU ROCK BETHENNY!

I think a lot of people are reading into these interviews way too deep. At first glance, and even second glance (after reading the cricitisms), there is NO indication that Bethenny is promoting products. Like others on here have mentioned, ziplock has become a household word now, rather than a brand. Everything Bethenny has mentioned here, is to show her real life. She’s a protective mom, and very practical. If you watched her show, there’s nothing extravagant about the baby’s nursery, wardrobe, or lifestyle. Bethenny is all about quality time with her family, and doing the best she can to raise her daughter differently than her own difficult childhood. Isn’t it ironic that she, out of all the other Housewives of NYC got her own show?? That’s bc people LOVE her…and it’ll remain that way, since Bethenny is down to earth and true to herself and family.

6. AnnieMouse

Agree w/all ya’ll EXCEPT the mean one about her looks. Grow up and realize you look ignorant for using the term retarded for the way she looks. That is an insult not only to her but to all people with retardation and their families. Shame on you…that makes you ugly on the inside!