Willow Smith Signed To Jay-Z’s Record Label

Willow Smith Signed To Jay-Z's Record Label

Will Smith’s 9-year-old daughter Willow is breaking into the music business. She and Jay-Z called into On-Air With Ryan Seacrest this morning declaring that she will be working with the rapper’s record label Roc Nation. Her first single Whip My Hair has launched to rave reviews.

Jay-Z commented, “We at Roc Nation are excited to work with Willow.  She has an energy and enthusiasm about her music that is truly infectious.  It’s rare to find an artist with such innate talent and creativity at such a young age.  Willow is about to embark on an incredible journey and we look forward to joining her as she grows in all aspects of her career.”

Willow admitted that all the media attention is “very overwhelming” but she credits her mother Jada Pinkett-Smith for making her feel confident with paparazzi.

“My mom teaches me to say how I feel all the time,” Willow explained. “My mom and me are very strong individuals and I just know that, because lots of people, they don’t act like themselves, so they’re not happy.”

Willow will be shooting the music video for the single in Los Angeles at the end of this month.

Filed under: Willow Smith

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Me123

The song is pretty annoying, but for a 9 year old, she has a pretty good voice. Just wish she wasn’t so stuck on herself.

Wow, at nine years old my life was playing outside and watching spongebob. I don’t think kids being in the entertainment business is a bad thing but it must get hard when they’re doing so much. I mean acting/singing/photoshoots, but since Will & Jada are in the business hopefully everything will go well for her. I don’t think I could put my kid through so much though, especially so young.

3. Tiffany

She’s not abusing her child…There are many children in “show business” many of them we let our children watch on the Disney Channel. And how come she has to be “stuck” on herself. We need more girls who feel confident and beautiful and who aren’t afraid to express how they feel. I think her parents keep her grounded for their lifestyle.

4. DIRTY STAY OUT

I put her up on you tube and this kid can sing. She has a very nice voice.

5. Bella_Sugar

Are they going to do anything about her spock ears?

This family makes me want to vomit! They are obnoxious and so self absorbed!

Blah, blah, blah. I am so bored with this family.

At her age what is wrong with going to school and enjoying your friends?!? If she wasn’t their daughter we wouldn’t even be reading this. Tired of all of them.

9. isabelle

I find the smith family self-absorbed especially willow. I heard her sing she can’t sing at all. If you want to hear an amazing child singer you should listen to Jackie Evancho or Rhema Marvanne.

10. Miranda

The Smith kids are always polite to adults. They’re not “stuck on themselves.” Jaden handled himself very well on the Ellen show and on his movie set. This is the life these kids know. They’re used to it and they love it. They’re not living in Suburbia, taking the school bus and why should anyone expect them to. People seem to think they know what goes on in these kids’ personal lives…um – you don’t. I see a happy family and two children being able to express themselves the way they want to. You all sound petty and jealous. Relax

They all have superior attitudes. Jayden and Willow are obnoxious, self- absorbed spoiled brats.

Just listened to the song. It is terrible! Never mind singing lessons – Willow needs a stylist and what is up with that hair?

She has a horrible singing voice

14. Brandi

I smell hate all over this post. This little girl did not ask for anyone to announce that she has been signed to Jay-Z’s record label. I feel sorry for her because of people like you, who just get on this website so that you can talk badly about what people such and the Smith family are doing with their time. So what if she is self absorbed, she is making more money that anyone comment board. You guys need to go and take care of you and your kids. I sware jealousy never ends

15. Estoria

“sware”?? Hmm ok. There is no hate here but I do agree with most posters who talk about how they are sick of this family etc. I agree and I am nowhere near jealous. I wouldn’t wish all that on my child because it changes a child and who they are. However, with that being said I agree that they grew up into this kind of business and probably don’t know any different. I won’t be buying any of her music and I truly don’t believe she is talented like some children I have heard. Plus I don’t buy children’s music unless it is for my children. They listen to adult musicians anyway so that won’t be happening.

While I don’t care for Willow’s hair or her style(if you can call that style), to each their own. I can see why they would want her to stand out like that. You have to have something going for you that makes you unique when you are in acting/singing etc. Her “talent” will soon fly or flop soon enough to tell.

16. MsSTFU

I don’t fuckin get it….if you are tired of this family, why are you on this board? Felt like wasting your time writing something negative about a child when most likely your children aren’t the perfect well behaved ones you think they are. I rarely keep up with what’s going on entertainment wise unless a new movie is out cause I don’t really care about what’s going on in their personal life & the only reason I saw this is cause a friend posted a link on my facebook. I didn’t listen to the song cause…..she’s 9!! How much am I gonna relate?? I wish her all the best & hope the smith family is around for a long ass time to keep annoying you fools

This song is way to grown for a nine year old. I am very surprised that Will and Jada would allow her to sing something like this. I admit she has a nice voice but her lyrics coule be toned down to influence people her own age. “hating on me”?? SHE IS 9 who is hating on her? the bottome line is that she could be doing age appropriate music; she could have signed to Disney and still make lots of money and a tv show……..but to Jay-z’s record label?? this song sounds too much like Rihanna and Beyonce….to grown, just to grown for a 9 nine year old girl.

people have no life to be typing these bad commets about a 9 year old aow really i can tell yall parents didn’t love yall n teach yall some respect n for the person sayings when u was a kid u watch spongebob u must still be a teen cause sponge bob wasn’t out back then. grow up peoples. wat about the parent who putting makeup on 4 n 5 years old for pageants