Danica McKellar Welcomes Son: Draco!

Danica McKellar Welcomes Son: Draco!

Congratulations to Danica McKellar and her husband Mike Verta!

The Wonder Years alum and bestselling author gave birth to her first child Tuesday (September 7), a boy named Draco Verta. He weighed in at 7 lbs., 2 oz.

We are humbled, overjoyed and so grateful for this miraculous gift,” the happy couple told PEOPLE in a statement. “It’s like we’ve only now just learned the true meaning of love.”

McKellar, 35 – now a mathematician and best-selling author of three books on the subject, including HOT X: Algebra Exposed – wed composer Verta in March 2009.

In July, Danica opened up to Celebrity Baby Scoop about her hopes for a natural childbirth: “Absolutely. That being said, I know we can’t always know what medical surprises may happen during childbirth. But my hope is to go fully natural – no epidural, no interventions. Wish me luck!”

Filed under: Births,Danica McKellar

Photo credit: Fame

1. Vanessa

Congrats! :)

2. Kelpy

While Draco is a not a name I would choose – and I want to add Malfoy to it just out of habit :) – it’s their choice and it kind of goes with the surname.

There are worse names out there and at least they didn’t make one up
    Congrats to them!

3. Courtney

I wasn’t rambling merrely giving an obvious example unless you live under a rock that is. it’s also an oppinion with facts mixed in and nothing more.

Courtney, the thing you seem to be missing is that whether or not it’s an “opinion” or fact is IRRELEVANT. Your crazy ramblings are OFF TOPIC. Everyone here would really appreciate it if you stuck to the topics of the post. Please stop going off on tangents about people who are not the subjects of the post. It’s really annoying. NO ONE wants to read it.

Not to mention, that it would really help if you learned a little bit about proper grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. Your ramblings are impossible to understand. I’m sorry to be blunt, but you are a horrible writer. Just awful and incoherent. People would be a lot less hostile to you if you learned how to write more clearly.

• ivy2

sorry but you were rambling. try not to cram your whole comment into one sentence. you can still say the same thing, just in a better way.

Wow, that’s a piss-poor name. So are the names alexandria came up with, quite frankly. Jayden? Really? That’s what you consider a normal name? Puh-leez. It’s just as stupid as Draco…well, almost.

And, of course, Courtney’s right on top of things with decades-old references to long-dead celebrities!

5. alexandria

Draco is a stupid name what happens to normal names these days like Jason, Ryan, Cameron, Jayden.

6. klutzy_girl

Congratulations to them! I love the name, even though I’ll always think of Harry Potter.

7. ll65

I’ll always associated the name Draco with Harry Potter too LOL!

8. Valerie

Like Draco Malfoy? lol congratulations!

9. Carrie

Draco? Seriously? Come on!! Its just too easy to make fun of this.

10. ivy2

I love the name!

11. Andreea

in my language, DRAC means DEVIL.. so i don’t think it’s such a great name :)

12. catvomite

that is the most hideous name ive ever heard

13. Courtney

that’s not neccesarily true maybe Draco is a family name for them it’s common to name a first child after a family member or members like Nell Newman was her parents first Biological child and named after her grandmothers. and to somebody else who mentioned cammeron it’s not as a popular a name as it was 30 or 35 years ago.

14. nanpan

As a Harry Potter fanatic, I think this is a pretty sweet name.

15. isabelle

For the last time Courtney you really needs to stop with the obsessions with the random celebrities. What does Nell Newman have to do with Danica. It’s really annoying. Just stick to the topic.

16. klutzy_girl

They said they named the baby after the constellation, but nobody seems to be buying that.

17. Sonya

Draco was a name before Harry Potter, JKR didn’t make it up and is not the only one who has a right to use it. I quite like it.

18. catvomite