Rod Stewart & Penny Lancaster’s “IVF Battle” For Baby

Rod Stewart & Penny Lancaster's "IVF Battle" For Baby

Gracing the cover of the current issue of Hello! magazine, expectant parents Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster talk for the first time about their “intense IVF battle” to conceive their baby on the way.

After struggling for two years to conceive a sibling for their 4-year-old son Alastair, the 65-year-old rocker and his wife turned to in vitro fertilization, seeking treatment in both the UK and the US.

Penny, 39, finally learned she was pregnant after the third round of IVF. She recalls the day she found out, saying, “I couldn’t believe it. I burst into tears. I called Rod when I was still sobbing. Rod said, ‘I’m in the middle of a restaurant in Russia, crying.’ I kept pinching myself. Neither of us could believe it.”

Though Rod points out that “IVF can be stressful, especially for the woman with all the hormone injections and procedures,” the mom-to-be insists the long struggle was well worth it: “Our son’s happiness made all the IVF treatments worthwhile.”

The baby – who the couple is 99% certain is a boy – will be the 8th child for Rod, who is dad to Alastair as well as 6 children from previous relationships ranging in age from 15 to 46 years old.

Penny says that she has no concerns about Rod becoming a father again in his mid-sixties, revealing “All the tests he’s had show he’s fitter than the average 45-year-old.”

Thanks to Marilyn for the tip!

Filed under: Penny Lancaster,Rod Stewart

1. Janna

Just what Rod Stewart needed… an 8th child at the age of 65. Ugh to another celebrity Baby Daddy.

Oh wait… here come the comments “WHY DIDN’T THEY ADOPT”. Because anyone who needs fertility treatments should give up and never have biological children.

3. Marilyn

Penny wanted a sibling for their son, which I can’t blame her for. Maybe they don’t see the other children of Rod’s all the time and they aren’t Alastair’s age anyway. She probably also wanted another child for herself, too.

4. allymcbay

It’s just selfish to have children at this age, its worse than being a teen parent if you ask me. My parents were older parents and it ended up that my father died leaving behind me and my siblings who were still in high school and my 5 year old sister who doesn’t even remember him. if rod stewart lives to an average age that only 10 more years, yeah great his kids will still be so young. This just means dying before your kids are ready and well into life, it means never seeing their children. Selfish

I think older people might have more health risks at their age or might developed something down the road. That is harder to get rid of. I am sorry to hear about your dad dying to have your sister don’t remember him without any memories. I do see your point but my opinion is people can die any time in their lives. Mom’s die given birth, or parent died of drug overdose die in your sleep, gun shots wound, stab wound from a knife, die in your sleep, cancer, plane crash, and heart attack My point is you never know. I see your point how people can have children and the parents don’t die till years after. How they might have not miss out in their children life but sometimes you still miss out in their lives.

5. allymcbay

Thank you for that! I am also sorry you lost your father at such a young age.. but I agree 100% on what you said.
      It’s time people start accepting that at a certain point it’s just too late! The children pay the price..

Sorry to hear you lost your father so young. I hate to say it but atleast rod will leave behind a big trus fund.

7. Courtney

stop being so heartless Penny isn’t to old to have more children at 39 stars have had their last children at or around that age for decades. even before the advent of fertility treatment. Sophia Loren had her youngest son at 38 in january 1973 or Patricia Neal had her youngest daughter at age 39 after surviving a series of strokes in August 1965. Ms Loren is still living now at 76 and Ms Neal passed away recently aged 84 a grandmother of 10 and a greatgrandmother of 1 with another on the way.

This is what happens when younger women marry older men, or vice versa. The younger one usually wants children, and the older person already has older children.